goatee

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, do you wear goatees? And would that hurt my chances with woman? I'm very good looking, so I'm not concerned with that, but I don't know about a goatee. I only have the hair on the very bottom of the chin, and it's like 2 inches long. People tell me I look like a goat.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
put up a pic, its the only real way to get good feedback

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women in general tell me that i look 20 TIMES BETTER clean shaven than having a goatee.....if you're not sure, stay clean shaven

- kingbeef

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A goatee with the mustache going down to the chin looks pretty gay. I have 1/4" just on my chin and sideburns. It depends on what looks normal on you tho. I have it to make myself look older.

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Goatees are 2 Regular.

What Has Worked Wonders 4 Me Is What I Like To Call "The Vagina Line"

A Nicely Groomed Moderate Line Begining From The Middle Of Your Lower Lip To The Chin.

Very Unique, But Then Again It Has To Match Your Personality And Look Good On You.

And Its Funny When Girls Ask You What Its Called And Your Like Its A Vagina Line..

You Can Even Have Them Rub It For Good Luck.

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it depends on how you wanna look...

for me if I grow my chin hair out I look older....if I go clean shaven (except my flaver saver) I look almost 8 years younger....

I've been goin clean lately and its workin for me.....

:rockon:

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you have to consider how women associate facial whiskers with oral sex. My guess is that most prefer clean-shaven men for that activity. But like anything else in this field, if you really do have your sh!t together, one detail like this should not be an obstacle. Ultimately, if you like having a goatee, keep it. If chicks say you're perfect except for the goatee, then you have to accept that outcome or change.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard it 100 times over... my last girlfriend hated the things, I've seen a few polls (in Cosmo or some sh1t) that put 'em down, but since my current girl likes them, I decided to grow my back in. I seem to get a little more attention now (up from 1% to maybe 3% LOL!!!!) since growing one back in. Could be cooincidence though.

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of it depends on what looks the best on you. If it compliments your looks more, then go for it. It also depends on how much younger or older you want to look. No facial hair makes one look alot younger.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
Yeah, I've heard it 100 times over... my last girlfriend hated the things, I've seen a few polls (in Cosmo or some sh1t) that put 'em down, but since my current girl likes them, I decided to grow my back in. I seem to get a little more attention now (up from 1% to maybe 3% LOL!!!!) since growing one back in. Could be cooincidence though.
Heh heh. There's an interesting phenomenon that happens when I stop shaving for a few days because I can't be bothered: I get a few more interested looks from women out in public than usual. I have black hair, so the effect is quite pronounced, even with my olive complexion.

I prefer being clean shaven or having a very subtle goatee. But every now and then I try the above for the novelty value. On the whole, I think stubble turns off more women that it attracts. ;)

SuperDawg

Reaction score
Boschy said:
Heh heh. There's an interesting phenomenon that happens when I stop shaving for a few days because I can't be bothered: I get a few more interested looks from women out in public than usual. I have black hair, so the effect is quite pronounced, even with my olive complexion.
Yup, you and me both, I have dark hair and features as well. If I shave, not so many looks; a few days later many more looks! Although, they could be looking because I look like a dirty bum when I don't shave... who really cares why they look as long as they do.:cool:

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having stubble is all well and good in public, but at work and with friends who need to talk to you in close proximity, it really is gross. I feel the same way if someone has whiskers. It's interesting though, and I might do some road-tests with stubble chatting up women. I think if you keep the edges and neck area trimmed, it looks acceptable in social situations and on weekends.

They could be thinking we look like dirty bums or terrorists (I got weird looks on the moring after 9/11 when riding the train, since I hadn't shaved, ha-ha). I think it's one of those quirky things that women are attracted to for no logical reason they are aware of. I'm sure there's a biological explanation: a sign of virility and so on. Hair in general is a turn-on for most chicks.

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
But Its Good To Always Look Diff.

You Like Having A Clean Shave...Fine But One Day Try Having The Dirty Havent Shaved Look.

Or Try A New Goatee Look.

This Will Keep People More Intrested In You

Wine Country

Reaction score
Boschy said:
I think you have to consider how women associate facial whiskers with oral sex. My guess is that most prefer clean-shaven men for that activity.

Dunno about that. Some of them go wild when I use my chin-gig to tickle their button. One didn't, but she was an all around prude anyhow.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ HOSSIX said:
But Its Good To Always Look Diff.

You Like Having A Clean Shave...Fine But One Day Try Having The Dirty Havent Shaved Look.

Or Try A New Goatee Look.

This Will Keep People More Intrested In You
why do you type like a spastic capatalising the first letter of each word??

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about harmony in your face...

Either it's part of a complete "look" or it's just something that looks out of place! Ideally your facial hair style matches your hairstyle and vice versa, can go so far as dressing style.

If you go out in a worn (but clean, well fitting, basically tailored to 'look' worn), low waist jeans with a CK shirt, somewhat longer and unorganised hair (not messy, actually nicely cut and groomed but made to look messy) and then wear some stubble along with that i can guarantee some looks!

I've went out with this style before and i've gotten a lot of comments on it. Most of them said that i looked "rough" but in a very good way (like a take me to the back of your car and rip off my clothes sort of way ;-) ).

Any kind of facial hairs that are longer style i don't really think look very good, unless you want to look like a rockstar or something. Then i suggest some pretty extreme dress style and long hair to match. But all in all unless you really ARE a rockstar, that look is pretty much out right now.

Very short cut, discrete beards can look very good, especially if you mix it with a "slick" look. Though they ALWAYS end up looking more or less ghey and make you look very "pretty"... if you get my drift.

So all in all, i'd have to say go clean or stubbed for a change of scenery, but facial hair mostly does more bad than good on your look. Beards are out, and the ones who are more or less "in" make you look gay... so yeah ;-)

TheDarkSaint

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had quite a few people tell me that I look better with my goatee than without it. It depends on your facial structure. A goatee on me helps narrow down my broad face, whereas on my brother, who has a very narrow face, it makes him look hatchet faced.

If you keep it neatly trimmed, most of the time you won't have a problem with it. Just don't let it get scraggly like I see my students do. That is gross and unsanitary looking.

LJC

Banned
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
Hey guys, do you wear goatees? And would that hurt my chances with woman? I'm very good looking, so I'm not concerned with that, but I don't know about a goatee. I only have the hair on the very bottom of the chin, and it's like 2 inches long. People tell me I look like a goat.

I've got that same patch going and I do fine with it, but trim it down. That 2" deal aint no good.