Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Glasses/Contact Lenses

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there anybody who switches between these two and can tell a difference in success rates when you are wearing one or the other?

I have worn glasses since I was 16, and am thinking I perhaps look too boring/conservative/middle-of-the-road and in order to compensate for the glasses, I perhaps need some crazy hair style or facial hair design.

Are glasses a real negative when it comes to girls, then?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys who wear nonprescription glasses, who don't even need them. IMO, glasses are a fashion accessory, just like a shirt or a watch.

TC guy

Reaction score
I don't think glasses really affect how a girl looks at you. Just make sure you take the time to pick out a frame that really fit your face, like not too big or goofy looking. In fact, some of my girl buddies say a carefully-chosen pair of can enhance your looks.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I switch back and forth successfully.

As long as you have some cool specs.

gt95ab

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been wearing glasses since I was if grade four and I never really thought that it was that big of a problem. People would always say, "Why don't you get contacts?" And I would always reply that I didn't want the hassle of the cleaning solutions, and putting them in and out every day. I just thought it was easier with glasses. Then about six months ago........ I got contacts and I can seriously state that the interest level shown by women in myself has at least doubled. I think there is this stereotype that women associate with guys who wear glasses, like they can be AFC geeks, if you know what I mean, and wearing contacts makes myself look alot more masculine. It turns out that I have really nice eyes and I was covering up one of my best assets with glasses. Getting contacts was one of the best things I could have done to change my image and it has worked wonders.

I still wear glasses, since I can't wear them at work, but when I got my contacts, I also picked up a new pair of cool looking, trendy glasses that fit my face very well. But everytime I go out or have a date, I always put in my contacts. A rule of thumb is that you should get new glasses at least once every two years to make sure that the style of the glasses is still trendy enough. Also, glasses can work for some people, as it can do alot to develop a certain "look", it is even a good idea to get several pairs of glasses to go along with the appropriate occasion, and depending on the shape/look of your face. I prefer the once a month disposible contacts, since I don't wear them every day, I can use them for about two months before I need to change them.

The ethical DJ - gt95ab

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear both, and i generally feel better in contacts..

ive been told that i look better in glasses, and told that i look better with contacts, so it depends ona person whos judging.

but yeah, i guess stereotype is there, and i like contacts becuase of my stylish shades.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Oh yes it does!

I wore glasses for 20 years, and a few years ago I had laser eye surgery to correct my vision. I ahve definitely noticed a difference in the amount of attention I get, but only for a few certain reasons.

First, in order to wear glasses and get attention, you have to have a certain "look" and "style" to pull it off right. I wore glasses not as a fashion accessory, but out of sheer necessity because I was blind without them, so the "style" thing was not something I could afford. I got looks because I was fairly attractive, but the glasses always took away from my looks. The girls I attracted tended to be ones with whom I could talk to... I had to rely more on personality than my looks.

Then I got laser eye surgery, my vision is now better than 20/20, and I don't need glasses. The difference has been amazing. My best physical attribute by far are my eyes, and if you had to pick an attribute to have above all others for attracting members of the opposite sex (both guys and girls), the eyes are the things to have. Now I notice women, both older and younger, staring at me left and right whereas before they wouldn't have, and unless they are either drunk or extremely confident they can't hold eye contact with me.

Take my advice with a grain of salt... it's only one person's experiences, and in my own case not having glasses worked out because my glasses were hiding my best attribute. For some guys, glasses work.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Oh yes it does!

Originally posted by MDgood

Then I got laser eye surgery, my vision is now better than 20/20, and I don't need glasses. The difference has been amazing.
I can't wait to get this. Contact lenses are becoming a SERIOUS pain in the a$$.

MisterAl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I notice a difference.

I wear contacts and glasses interchangeably. Even though my frames are stylish and current, I wouldn't ever consider wearing them on a date unless I was trying to get rid of the girl. Glasses hide my blue eyes.

On the other hand, a past girlfriend from years ago had a glasses _fetish_ and I stopped wearing contacts altogether because glasses were a turn-on for her.

It varies so much, but I think I get my best results without.

Fortunately contacts are easier than ever to wear now. I use no-rub solution. I put my lenses in at night, and then just stick 'em in my eyes in the morning, so easy.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear both (and I also wear RGP, aka Hard Contact Lens). I definitely feel best with soft contacts. I can wear any sunglasses I want, instead of the clip-ons for my glasses. I also wear my contacts during active times (like clubbing, sports, activities, etc). Since this is also the time that I see more girls, I end up getting more results wearing contacts.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Oh yes it does!

Originally posted by ApocalypseCow
I can't wait to get this. Contact lenses are becoming a SERIOUS pain in the a$$.
I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY advise everyone here NOT to EVER get laser eye surgery. See for yourself - www.surgicaleyes.com
There are alot of people that have had some disasterous results after eye surgery, and alot of complications don't come about until years after. Check the discussion forum, some scary shi t.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got contact and glasses, i prefer wearing contacts cos I can wear my sunnies then, but glasses are still fine, I pulled many a fine bird with my glasses, maybe cos they thought I was intelligent;p

As to Laser Eye Surgery, I was wanting to do this, some people I know had good results with it, but then I've also heard some real horror stories, so I'm not going to risk screwing up my eyesight, it's too important, even in the risk is relatively low.

Actually just looked thru that site and fark that!!! I'm definitely sticking with contacts. Nasty.

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a REALLY good doctor to do the surgery.

I advise you go try therapy first, then surgery.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the lasik. No problems. Except my eyes have again drifted so I end up wearing glasses again full time. I need an update.

I wore contacts for ages. Glasses in grade school and high school.

In my experience, girls aren't going to turn you down for NOT wearing glasses. So glassless is probably better on average.

You do need to select the appropriate glasses style for your face and personality. You might want to get multiple opinions on it. Taking just one person's opinion on it might not give you good overal results.

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
The glasses I wear from waking to sleeping are black rimmed with thin lenses and quite thin rimmed as well.

Here's a picture on a holiday in Greece. I just can not wear contacts so laser is the only way out for me if you reckon they don't suit me...

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have glasses and dont seem the girls minding them. I pull off the specs look because they fit my face right. I get the "oh you look so smart alot" but no "you look like a dork".

In the next couple of weeks though i am going to buy contacts just for sports because i cant afford to buy $500 frames everytime i get hit or into a fight or something. It'll be interesting to see if i could pull more chicks without glasses then with them.

Every date i have ever been on i have wore my glasses.....some people pull them off better then others.

Use them both......thats what i am going to do.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BobbDobbs
I had the lasik. No problems. Except my eyes have again drifted so I end up wearing glasses again full time. I need an update.

I would highly advise you don't go in for an update either. They have to re-lift your old flap, with a sharp scapel like object, and alot of times pieces of your cornea can break/chip off. Be glad your ok and don't risk it again.