Giving up too easily?

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
well here's my situation. met girl on myspace (bad idea i know, they never work) we talk, i'm cokcy & funny as hell to her, she sends all the right "signals" (emoticons xD) then when i ask the girl for her number, she responds with "what possibly made you think i would give you my number?" i tell her she "sucks and it was nice talking to her" (okay the "you suck" part was a little unnecessary) and i get this:
giving up already?
lol; sad.
i was going to give it to you if you had only tried harder. :)

nice talkin' to you too.

to be honest, my take on it is that she would've played me eventually anyway if this is what she honestly thinks, and this isn't someone i'd wanna be with or even sleep with. am i justified in reacting how i did? also what should i do if i encounter another one of these *****s? also should i respond? i don't think i should, but if i should, what should i tell her?

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theobserver said:
i'd wanna be with or even sleep with.
Two very different things. I want to sleep with 100% of women I find attractive. I only wish to be in a relationship with less than 5%.

theobserver said:
am i justified in reacting how i did?
Obviously you were, otherwise you would've responded differently. You told her she sucked (which she was probably taken aback by) then it was nice talking to her (kind of a failure).

More importantly, why are you second guessing yourself? This is just some broad on the internet. Go find some girls you can actually touch in person.

theobserver said:
also what should i do if i encounter another one of these *****s? also should i respond? i don't think i should, but if i should, what should i tell her?
If you don't want to respond to a chick then don't. Its not like we're running out of them. But the best way to respond to a b1tch is by completely ignoring them.

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent points.. thanks that really helped, it's funny cuz i pretty much had a "doh!" moment right there. i'll just trust myself better. nothings' wrong with what i did, she was just a *****.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, not worth the thought. Move on to important things. Good luck bro.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude this is a power battle. You just totally turned her point back on her and she lost all the power and was rejected. She said the Giving up so easily part in order to make you look like an idiot who lost out on an opportunity, so she could maintain the influence and reject you. Don't try and chase her anymore, just ignore her message, or maybe send one back saying "Maybe you shouldn't make risky comments like that or you'll lose out on opportunities. See you around."

That way you'll turn her own trick back upon herself and make it look like she was the one who missed out. Don't worry about anything though, you didn't miss an opportunity.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
eh, i would have kept going when she said "what makes you think i'll give you my number" because right as i read that i could tell she was just testing you... girls do that and in my opinion there was nothing wrong with her, it was just her little 'shield' to weed out insecure guys who would just completely go in shock and just give up as soon as she says that, versus confident guys who'll keep going and succeed. granted, she could probably work on a better method to do that, but still. thats my opinion.

so yeah, my first thought when i read what she said, was that its clearly a test. and it turns out that it was, with her next message. so go ahead and just ignore it, but if i were you i would practice being more aware of the tests girls give sometimes, and better handling situations like that.

of course, i'm younger then you, what the hell do i know right...:rolleyes:

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahha

Your acting all ****y/funny and she's doing the same thing back. How did you expect her to act?

theobserver said:
then when i ask the girl for her number, she responds with "what possibly made you think i would give you my number?"
"Because you'll never meet a guy like me."

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEnergizer said:
eh, i would have kept going when she said "what makes you think i'll give you my number" because right as i read that i could tell she was just testing you... girls do that and in my opinion there was nothing wrong with her, it was just her little 'shield' to weed out insecure guys who would just completely go in shock and just give up as soon as she says that, versus confident guys who'll keep going and succeed. granted, she could probably work on a better method to do that, but still. thats my opinion.

so yeah, my first thought when i read what she said, was that its clearly a test. and it turns out that it was, with her next message. so go ahead and just ignore it, but if i were you i would practice being more aware of the tests girls give sometimes, and better handling situations like that.

of course, i'm younger then you, what the hell do i know right...:rolleyes:
wow do i feel like an idiot. but hey all i can do now is learn from it. now that i think of my reaction... i took that wayyyyy too personally! i don't even know why, something about not getting her number made me completely take it seriously and divert immediately away from being ****y and funny >_< i just took it the wrong way i guess. well in other things yeah, but this one, i'd say you have the upper hand here :eek:

It's-Me said:
Hahahha

Your acting all ****y/funny and she's doing the same thing back. How did you expect her to act?

"Because you'll never meet a guy like me."
yeah.. another "duh" moment there. yeah i'll just be more aware of tests, and react playfully and find some way to turn it on her.

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
just an update: she's crazy for me. aha. she calls me a jerk all the time, but for some reason she's still coming back. thanks for all your guys' help!