"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Giving girlfriends number to a friend?

Ripped

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Well me, my girl and her chick friend go out often, and the other week I brought a very good mate, and my girl bought a few more of hers. Anyway at the end of the night my friend has taken an interest in my girls best friend. So *I* get him her number. The next day he straight out says "give me (my girl) number', I want to talk to her about (my girls friend). I know her well, so he could ask me about her. Now - this isn't an issue of trust, it's an issue of respect, because;

1. I would grab my balls and find out about the girl I have an interest in by talking to her myself. I wouldn't need to go behind her back asking about her. Defeats half the fun anyway!!!

2. I believe in a healthy degree of seperation between my mates and my girl - my mates are friends with me, not my girl.

Fact is I just wouldn't ask for my mates girls number out of the blue out of respect - I just wouldn't do it. I don't need her number, and I have 2 healthy balls in my sack.

This guy is a natural with women, surprisingly. However he loves talking about himself a little too much, and gets waaaay too deep and profound, way to quick. But he has a healthy list of numbers that are testament to it working. I also get the impression he just wants to add to that list, but thats not my point. He is one of my best mates but I just don't want him in particular to have her number. I want to keep him seperate to this circle.

Anyway I just don't want to give him her number out of the sheer fact that he doesn't need it, and didn't think twice about asking for it!!! He is a smart guy with very strong social manipulation skills, so I need a somewhat intelligent, simple, and reasoned response. I am not insecure about it, and don't want to give him an excuse to label me so.

Thanx ;)
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJmonster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
oregon, US
I'd just calmly tell him no, flat out. If he gets persistent or asks why not, tell him to quit acting like a pansy, call the girl, and find out about her for himself.
 

Ripped

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Thanks mate. I actually expected responses like "just give him the damn number, if the relationship is real then theres no worries".

He has already asked three times and I made up a lame excuse saying I needed her permission and that I would ask. She is cool with him having her number but I am not, and I still can't help but get the impression that I am coming across as a little insecure for even caring about it!

Anyways cheers :)
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
hu I've gotten numbers of the GFs of several of my mates, they love talking with me. I see nothing wrong with this at all and it's VERY VERY good to use to find out what their female friends think of me if there is someone I like.
 

Ripped

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Yeah I agree and think it's fine, but in this case its a rather overbearing friend that I would just rather keep in a seperate circle.

He tends to be pushy and frankly I simply don't want him to have that contact. The reason being he loves to push in and try to have the freedom of contact, when being a true friend does not involve exploiting those you are friends with simply for social proof, which is what he is doing.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
298
Reaction score
1
you are insecure about it. the fact that you don't act when you have to is an insecurity. not reacting to petty things that aren't threats is fine, but when there is a threat to your lifestyle or goals, you must act, otherwise you are frozen by fear.
this guy is bothering your girlfriend and he is supposed to be your mate. if he really was your mate, he wouldn't do this. have a talk with him, and if he doesn't come around, cut him off because he clearly isn't your friend if he'd continue to try and steal your girl after you've spoken to him about it. in fact, he shouldnt be trying it in the first place. have your gf block his number if necessary.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'd say no, not so much because I'd be worried about him taking your girl, but because if he really is a "friend", you should tell him to stop acting like a woman and start acting like a man.

Talking to a girl's friend about her is one of the most sure-fire ways to get friendzoned there is. It says, "I am not secure that I have anything to offer this woman just being myself, so I will talk to her friends to find out how to pander to her desires and to see if I'm 100% sure to get a 'yes' before I ask her out."

If you want to help him, don't give him your girl's number. Stop him right now from being a c*nt around women. :)
 

netman

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
New York
If you want to help him, don't give him your girl's number. Stop him right now from being a c*nt around women. :)
This is great ammo to throw at your friend. Tell him to stop being a woos; this isn't high school. He should get to know about that chick his damn self. This guy sounds really immature. Plus you don't want your friend calling her up all the time trying to get every bit of info on that chick, and next thing you know he'll be asking your girl stuff about you, and so on and so on.

I disagree with Wolfie's post. Ripped never mentioned anything about his mate trying to steal his girl. It's not insecurity at all, but a respect thing. I know that I wouldn't ask my best friend for his girlfriend's number and I know him well enough to know that he would never ask for my girlfriend's number. I wouldn't ask for no other reason then I have respect for him.
 

Ripped

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Thanks dudes :).

Think of that rich wog mate of yours that lives life in the fast lane, and picture him trying to use his wealth and independance to impress girls all the time, then trying it on yours... I know he won't get to her, but it's an unnessecary distraction I just don't need right now. Anyway needless to say he ended up getting the number, and we were all right about it being a bad idea. He didn't get it through me. Anyway thats all, thanks guys.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top