Give Me One Good Reason to Get Married.

the_govner

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my life:

I'm 25, built a semi fortune over the last 3 years and still going strong (knock on wood), I'm confident, keeping fit, chasing my dreams, and very, very happy. Thanks to this site.

Moreover, because of this, I feel like I can get any woman I want. I've been hooking up with all kinds of women. I feel like I can charm Giselle and Heidi if I somehow meet them at a club. Again, ALL THANKS TO THIS SITE.

I've never been in a long term relationship (3 months longest). I want to travel the world and meet all kinds of women (and hopefully not get STD).

Now I've been getting all kinds of pressure from the elders to get married, when I was AFC back in the day, this was obviously the future I sought.

I know marriage is the way to go. But this life is just preventing me from even thinking about it.

Can anyone change my mind? What am I missing? Is there a good marriage/settling down article I've missed out on?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you like the girl.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it ultimately comes down to what makes you happy.

If you're happy with reaching your goals and being a free man, then by all means STAY THAT WAY. You're only 25 and have a lot of fun years left.

The most gratifying thing in marriage to me is having a child of your own blood.

Make sure you don't fall into the trap of becoming serious with someone just because she wants to be serious with you. A girl you're going to marry must make you if not happier, then just as happy as you are right now. If not, next her. There's no reason to downgrade your life just for marriage. Take your time and meet many women. When the right one comes along, you'll know.

the_govner

Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
I think it ultimately comes down to what makes you happy.

If you're happy with reaching your goals and being a free man, then by all means STAY THAT WAY. You're only 25 and have a lot of fun years left.

The most gratifying thing in marriage to me is having a child of your own blood.

Make sure you don't fall into the trap of becoming serious with someone just because she wants to be serious with you. A girl you're going to marry must make you if not happier, then just as happy as you are right now. If not, next her. There's no reason to downgrade your life just for marriage. Take your time and meet many women. When the right one comes along, you'll know.

Ok so let's say I do meet a good woman tomorrow, we get in a long term and are both happy with each other, wouldn't I still be HAPPIER ****ing around while chasing my goals?

I know that question is stupid from a conventional standpoint, but I want someone to tell me exactly why I'm wrong.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you have a more stable environment with all your attention in one area. Even if you have your other personal goals you know it's all connected to your posse (your family) as opposed to having children by different women and everything just scattered here and there. You can't always predict how things will turn out as there's only so much you can control.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
children are the only reason to get married. if you have a woman you love and you want children with her, marry her. Otherwise keep it moving.

25 is not a good age for marriage these days. I assume you are american and you want to date an american woman...unless she is a woman of breeding and good family I wouldn't expect her to be marriage material before 25. As a man you can wait well into your....80s to marry if you continue to amass that semi-fortune into a real fortune. of course she'll be a gold diggign ho, but she'll be hot and **** you right into your grave. :p

Seriously...give yourself five more years at least to accomplish the things you want to do. Then if you feel you are ready for children and in love, get married.

SkyHigh

Reaction score
the_govner said:
Now I've been getting all kinds of pressure from the elders to get married,
One thing I know for certain is that you got to be your own man with your own choices. Getting married because someone else wants you to is a stupid idea.

In time, you'll find your own reasons to get married, and by then you'll have an unbelievable abundance of choice. Until then I suggest you focus on doing the things you want to do, and have fun doing it!

Regards,
Sky High

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's not a single benefit for men in getting married, specially the ones who are wealthy or will be well off in the future. In marriage, there are benefits for women and children only.........there's not a single benefit that a man can achieve by living alone or living in a household with a woman without signing a legal contract that will give her half your wealth when she decides to dump you (the husband) for another man. The expert on this issue is tom leykis on freefm.com listen to the archives.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is no benefits for a man. marriage only benefits the wife and children.

the_govner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow I'm quite surprised with most of the replies. Didn't expect majority of you to be against marriage.

Doesn't this site promote masculinity and isn't achieving a good marriage/LTR a part of that masculinity?

I'm not being forced to get married, slightly pressured and it's made me think about it for the first time, I don't HAVE to do it as in the end, I make all my choices.

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like all you need is to meditate on your own thoughts and figure out what you really want.

Thank you for that, WC2.