Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls you aren't interested in

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work with many girls, including the girl I'm interested in. I work with the girl I'm interested maybe once every two weeks, and I'm around the others girls much more often. Is anyone else in this situation? Where you're building social proof by becoming friends with these girls, but the target girl may or may not see this?
I'm not gaming them or flirting with them because I'm just not interested in them, of course; I'm just generally being a great guy. I'm sure just having these girls know you're a great guy help the social proof for the girl you're interested in, because people talk about people and she eventually sees me having a good time with the people we work with.
It's just a funky way of getting social proof, but it helps in this sense:
Let's say I kiss this girl. And she rejects me. The others girls will have nothing but good things to say about me, and they think im a great guy, so if this girl doesn't know how great I am due to how little we work together, then that's her loss. Basically, if she rejects me based to 'game' reasons (moving too fast, her not being comfy yet, etc), then I'm good cause I have social proof. I won't take no for an answer until she rejects me based on "me" reasons, meaning she knows me like the others girls and doesn't find herself attracted to me. Then it's acceptable in my opinion, that's when a next is alright in my books.

So has anyone else been in this situation?

fourblueballs

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a good idea, to have many people like you. You are on the right track.

I wouldn't flirt TOO heavily w/ the other girls.. just have fun with them. Be that fun guy.

I use to work at a restaurant, and worked with A LOT of hotties! Doing that same technique.. on the hotties.. to get the HOTTER ones.. or even better. the customers.. works like magic!

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No they aren't all mugs. I understand your concern though. I also suppose calling them "other girls" doesn't paint them a nice image, now does it.
I'd say one of them is, but she's one of the target's better friends. The others are, ohhh, an HB6, a HB7, an HB7.5 party girl (who is buds with target too), an HB8-8.5, and such.

And I never said "nice". I don't supplicate at all. That's not the type of "great guy" rep I'm talking about. I'm not nicey, and I don't want them to go around saying "aw mcgee is so nice!" and I doubt they will. Not to say I'm not nice, but I'm not AFC or anything so don't worry.

And yeah, I'm not using these girls as a way to boost my value due to not being able to get the target girl. I'm definitely not giving out the vibe that I'm interested in these girls or that they're the best I can get. As I said, I'm not supplicating or looking for approval or anything. I simply 'be' and they want to talk, tease, look, join in, listen, or whatever. I don't give them IOIs or anything; I talk, be interesting, hold my ground, tease a bit, and keep my cool most of all.

And I think I've posted once or twice recently about myself but I'm not sure what about. If you have any questions, shoot.

edit: the way it's been working out for me, from what I've 'seen' myself, is the basic case of me talking to people I work with, especially the girls, and having a good time. Target girl usually sees me doing this and either walks up and into the set, per say, or will approach me afterwards.
Of course, what also comes into play is the fact that I talk and have a good time with others and I'm not fixated on her at all. Kinda thing

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well kind of. Rep would be a bonus, but really it's more along the lines of social proof and such. But I guess you can say those go hand in hand in a way. aha
Also, I never said I was boring or ordinary by being cool and collected. Let's make this less about my worth as a DJ and more about the case at hand, cause we can go on and on about whether so and so poster is a DJ or worthy of an HB9

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You have to go above and beyond the sh1t you read here if you want other people to spread your rep for you. "

Never said I want people to spread rep for me or anything. It's not like I'm some guy she doesn't know who needs her friends to tell her all about me or anything. Like I said, let's make this less about me and what you feel I'm not doing, and more about what it is you feel guys in this situation should be doing.
I'll give you some of the conditions, though. It would be counter productive and unrealistic for me to explain the situation thoroughly enough to the point where you can hit the correct answer on the dot. I'll give you some key points though.

It's important that my situation takes place at work. A movie theatre. Not that I'm asking you to mould your answer around this fact (as there are many other conditions that would change the relevance of parts of people's answers), but just take that overlying condition into account.
Just don't say something like "dating in the workplace is a no no" when it's a part time job, we're young (i'm 19, she's 17), and it happens & nobody cares. :p