"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girls with boyfriends

pff

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Hello there,
I don't know how to act around girls that already have boyfriends. I have been in this situation many times, I want them to know me to understand what they are missing, but I don't want to fall into the "friend zone." I avoid making any moves and I'm just waiting till they break up with their boyfriends. I try to hide my feelings and don't give any clues... Is this the right approach? Please give me some advice.

All the best
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

pff

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
My logic is telling me the same, but you know I can't resist it. For instance I fall for a girl and later learn that she already has a boyfriend. It's not that easy to completely forget her and move on... She's not married or something, her relationship will end one day anyway.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
I feel you bro, I REALLY REALLY do...
:(

I've been in your shoes many times and it's the case just right now...:(

I don't know if your case is identical, my problem is actually not "friend zone" or "Oneitis" or any thing like that, it's more that the girls like me so much that I always end up getting strung along (at least they try to).
The worst case was one girl that hided the fact that she had a boyfriend so well (for at least many many months) that I only learned that one day previous to my definitive departure from the US.

Even now, I'm stuck with a bunch of girls with boyfriends who like me a lot, but they just try to keep me around as a backup plan. Although I can tell that I have a pretty good position in the lines (so to speak), it's not what I want: ONS might be possible but they are not ready to drop their boyfriends.

What I'm doing is pretty similar to what you are doing: I backed off when I learned the existence of their boyfriends after having showed them how "fascinating" I am.;)

To be honest, I have no miracle solution to offer. Usually when you do have single prospects at the same time, you just need to keep the taken ones on the afterburner and play along, give more effort and time to the single ones, use the taken ones as ego-boost and backup plans.
But when there are no single ones, things get messy. Either you back off, in which case they might be surprised and on the long run just forget about you; or you can "keep it up" and risk getting played/hurt real bad and waste a lot of time.

Actually relationships do end at certain point, but you need to be there at the right time. Otherwise either you get strung along or you get used as a rebound.


But if you are not looking for serious relationships, FORGET everything I just typed.
:D
 

Synthesize

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Boyfriends don't mean anything. Most girls have problems with their boyfriends. Play the problems up and move in for the kill. Give them what their boyfriend lacks. Usually their boyfriends are AFCs. If you aren't, you have it made.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
Thats not true synthesize. A lot of girls just haven't a freaking clue what they want. I lost my last g/f to another dude hitting on her. Was it anything I did ? Nope. It was all her. Granted she had some other problems emotionally, thats not the point. The point is, if your good enough and find the right kind of girl, its not difficult to pry her away from her b/f . I've pretty much been in both shoes, been the di#khead and the one getting screwed. its not fun.

BUt the key is to find the right girl, and have the game. Its VERY possible. But its not something, I'd recommend. Totally not cool to do to another dude. But then again, how many of us have morals anyway.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Your post doesnt make sense. first off why would u want a girl feel like she's missing out on you? does it boost your ego knowing that? even if she wanted to 'date' you wihle already having a bf, you thikn you can steal away soemone's gf with the snap of a finger? just go for the single ones.

Besides, most girls with bf's wont keep guys as their friends unless they were sexually interested in them.

I'm a good acquantance to this girl and her bf in my college. i respect them and their relationship, and they to me, me and another friend hung out iwth them a few times in the past. Why would i want her as my friend? i'm not one bit interested in her not even sexually. thus i dont want her as a friend nor do i need to, she feels the same.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Wiesman44
Thats not true synthesize. A lot of girls just haven't a freaking clue what they want. I lost my last g/f to another dude hitting on her. Was it anything I did ? Nope. It was all her. Granted she had some other problems emotionally, thats not the point. The point is, if your good enough and find the right kind of girl, its not difficult to pry her away from her b/f . I've pretty much been in both shoes, been the di#khead and the one getting screwed. its not fun.

BUt the key is to find the right girl, and have the game. Its VERY possible. But its not something, I'd recommend. Totally not cool to do to another dude. But then again, how many of us have morals anyway.
sounds to me like she grabbed the next best guy that came along. As some guys do that to, be bf to a girl until he finds someone better. it occurs to me that ppl in these types of relationships dont really care about the other person, yet shows they take what they can get atm.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Wiesman44
Thats not true synthesize. A lot of girls just haven't a freaking clue what they want. I lost my last g/f to another dude hitting on her. Was it anything I did ? Nope. It was all her. Granted she had some other problems emotionally, thats not the point. The point is, if your good enough and find the right kind of girl, its not difficult to pry her away from her b/f . I've pretty much been in both shoes, been the di#khead and the one getting screwed. its not fun.

BUt the key is to find the right girl, and have the game. Its VERY possible. But its not something, I'd recommend. Totally not cool to do to another dude. But then again, how many of us have morals anyway.
its always best to go with the ones that are single though, because if she broke up with her b/f for you what makes you so special?

granted there are exceptions to the rule.. where the girl breaks up with her b/f for you and you guys go on to live happly ever after BUT those are far and few between.
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
christz:

I agree with you... on the principles.
:D

BUT since most of the time, the good looking ones are always taken, and the hotter the more often they are taken, unless you are always lucky (always being at the right spot at the right time) or you are SUROUNDED by tones of girls on a daily basis, waiting/looking for a SINGLE HB7+ to come along can be very unproductive.

Most of my friends who are with HB7+ girlfriends didn't steal them from other guys, they met them when they just HAPPENED to be single. But for guys who have little luck (those who never win a dime on lotteries:D ) or those who have very limited contact with women, discarding every girl who's in a relationship might be a little to much...

What do you guys think?
:confused:
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
Just play it cool.

Just play it cool, go out with others, and if they feel the right vibe they might be interested in you if they break up with their current boyfriend. But don't wait for it, just take things as they come.

I've become involved with some gals who I met when they had boyfriends. In one case, the gal was a bit flirty with me, and I wasn't aware she had a boyfriend until she told me later she did at the time (which was why she didn't give me her # then), and another told me she was attached, so I didn't make any effort to "pick her up."

Yes, the good ones tend to be taken by boyfriends, real or imaginary.
 

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Le Parisien
christz:

I agree with you... on the principles.
:D

BUT since most of the time, the good looking ones are always taken, and the hotter the more often they are taken, unless you are always lucky (always being at the right spot at the right time) or you are SUROUNDED by tones of girls on a daily basis, waiting/looking for a SINGLE HB7+ to come along can be very unproductive.

Most of my friends who are with HB7+ girlfriends didn't steal them from other guys, they met them when they just HAPPENED to be single. But for guys who have little luck (those who never win a dime on lotteries:D ) or those who have very limited contact with women, discarding every girl who's in a relationship might be a little to much...

What do you guys think?
:confused:
actually think about it, i think your logic is a little flawed there.. the REALLY hot HB's are hot because they're dressing and looking hot for a reason.. they're trying to attract attention.

understand the hotter the girl the less likley she is to have a boyfriend and the more girl next doorish the girl, you know those hot girls that don't dress up or wear a lot of makup are usally the ones with boyfriends.

because there is no need for them to look glammed up.

Its like that all the time, the hotter the girl the less likley she is to have a boyfriend and the more girl next door looking the girl. the more chance she IS to have a boyfriend.

That's why i think its easier to nab a HB8 or 9 over say an HB7.5 or HB7
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
Originally posted by christz
actually think about it, i think your logic is a little flawed there.. the REALLY hot HB's are hot because they're dressing and looking hot for a reason.. they're trying to attract attention.
You are absolutely RIGHT!

But wanting attention has nothing to do with being single, they are just hardcore ATTENTION W*ORES!
I don't know where you live, but America is full of those.

The girl next door types might be single or attached, but at least they are not sucking up every drop of your attention like a vampire and stringing you along like there's no tomorrow.

I'm kinda losing the focus of the topic here, by "hot" I didn't mean skimpy dress and heavy make-up, but naturally "good-looking" "beautiful" "attractive"...
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top