Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls who won't even look at you

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A week ago I went to a get together with some friends and stangers. It was a pool party thing so of course the shirt comes off and the women look. There was a decent looking girl. I went around and introduced myself to all of the strangers confidently and friendly. I went over the the one girl and she completely avoided looking at any part of me. Instead stared off into space and introduced herself.

I was with my buddy the other day whose girlfriend is her best friend. He told me this girl said that I was hitting on her and that "he knew what he was doing". I did not interact with her any differently than the other people, in fact i kind of ignored her.

I've had this happen before and I don't understand it. I'm fairly sure this means they are attracted to you and don't want to give it away. But they're just shy. Thoughts?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She lacks confidence. Gaming her will take some work. It's up to you but I personally wouldn't waste my time.... too many other women that will not make you work so hard.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
A week ago I went to a get together with some friends and stangers. It was a pool party thing so of course the shirt comes off and the women look. There was a decent looking girl. I went around and introduced myself to all of the strangers confidently and friendly. I went over the the one girl and she completely avoided looking at any part of me. Instead stared off into space and introduced herself.

I was with my buddy the other day whose girlfriend is her best friend. He told me this girl said that I was hitting on her and that "he knew what he was doing". I did not interact with her any differently than the other people, in fact i kind of ignored her.

I've had this happen before and I don't understand it. I'm fairly sure this means they are attracted to you and don't want to give it away. But they're just shy. Thoughts?
If you were don't punk out on it. Next time your friends chick or her bring it up tell her in a joking but serious manner: Yes. As a matter of fact I was hitting on you. Would you like me to carry a cross over to your house so you can nail me to it and crucify me? smile and laugh.

You have to play cool, agree and amplify it. If she's into you she'll laugh then just BS about other shyt or see how things go.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"he knew what he was doing"
Girls always know what you're doing, even before you know what you're doing. Especially the hot ones. They've seen it hundreds of times before.

in fact i kind of ignored her
So, in fact, you did behave differently with her. She will have noticed this too, and will have taken it either as shyness, or game-playing. Probably the latter, by the sounds of it.

I went over the the one girl and she completely avoided looking at any part of me.
She also knew what she was doing herself. She was playing the game too, and probably did like you some, but wasn't going to give you the benefit of checking out your body. She'd be just like all the rest if she did. Maybe she was a bit nervous as well.

It was a pool party thing so of course the shirt comes off and the women look.
Of course it was a pool party, so you get semi-naked. However, the fact you mention it means you are/were focused on your own physique; nothing wrong with being proud of your hard work and showing it off. This self-admiration will likely be communicated through your body language, especially the way you carry yourself, which might be interpreted as egotistical by some - "he knew what he was doing....".

I went around and introduced myself to all of the strangers confidently and friendly.
Again, confidence and friendliness, you're doing everything right. A bit like the last point though, there is a fine line between confident and friendly vs. over-familiar.

So, two last points, in light of the above and with view to closing the chick next time...

-With over-familiarity in mind, we don't always need to go around introducing ourselves to everyone at once, rather just allow it to happen naturally through the course of a night, even if you don't end up meeting everyone. You might look a bit like a people-pleaser, or worse still, attention-seeker.

-In the same context, keeping the goodies under wraps (even for a while) can serve just as well, if not better than a rippling gun show. A tightly-fitted t-shirt achieves the same ends, while maintaining a little bit of mystery. Or, next time out, flirt with a girl so much that she tells you to take your shirt off, better still, takes it off for you.

This mystery and process-for-process-sake is the biggest part of seduction for women. They love the dance and you can ration her to tasty morsels to begin with, just enough to keep her hooked; she'll be yours for the taking, probably by the close of play. Ripping your shirt off and running round the place talking to everyone will get you attention for sure, but think about impressions as well.

You essentially did nothing wrong, though it may have been a bit obvious that you were on the prowl; in the wild, nine times out of ten, the prey doesn't know the predator is there until it's far too late. Maybe just turn the enthusiasm down from 11 to 9 on occasion. With hotter women, I've noticed under-gaming is preferred to over-gaming. We use the same hammer for every job, but apply different force depending on the size of the nail.

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When they ignore you to an extreme (especially when they work in the service industry) it means she either loves your or hates you, which means she has feelings for you.

However, some women have this weird attitude about serving people they don't like and they should be fired.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was with my buddy the other day whose girlfriend is her best friend. He told me this girl said that I was hitting on her and that "he knew what he was doing".
She might have said this admiringly, as she was admitting you were good at it. In which case obviously she was attracted to you.
Or she might have said this thinking that you were a showoff. In which case she still might have been attracted, but perhaps thought you came off as arrogant.
It's unclear which it is from your narrative, a lot would depend on tone, and you're getting her comments second hand.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably thought you were fake, whatever it was that you 'did' anyway.
Girls always know what you're doing, even before you know what you're doing. Especially the hot ones. They've seen it hundreds of times before.
I disagree, there are ways that can confuse them or make them think you are being real. It's all related to body language.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all related to body language.
That was kind of the point of my response; but it's not only related to body language, it's behaviour in general, what you say and how you say it, and to whom, and when. This is why, I say they always (usually) know what you're doing. Because women are far more socially in tune than most men will ever understand, even most of us men here. They analysing everything. Everything.

The body language KoP displayed was too obvious; thus, "(she) knew what he was doing". As such, he gave his own game away by showing off too much too early on. The only way to counteract this is maintaining a bit of mystery; probably one of the most challenging skills to learn.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO @TheMonkeyKing got it right.

I'm contemplating if I were in this situation....I'm thinking you really must have come off as a ****y SOB slash full of yourself to her, for her to respond that way.
That's the only time I would give a good looking guy the brush off like that is if it appeared to me that he felt like/was acting like he was the absolute 'shyt'. Cream of the crop. No woman can resist me! Some women really go for the good looking guys that come off as humble. You dont have to be humble, just open as if you were. Maybe it's about reading the female.

In this case it sounds like there were plenty of other prospects, so no big deal, right?

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score

I'm contemplating if I were in this situation....I'm thinking you really must have come off as a ****y SOB slash full of yourself to her, for her to respond that way.
That's the only time I would give a good looking guy the brush off like that is if it appeared to me that he felt like/was acting like he was the absolute 'shyt'. Cream of the crop. No woman can resist me! Some women really go for the good looking guys that come off as humble. You dont have to be humble, just open as if you were. Maybe it's about reading the female.

In this case it sounds like there were plenty of other prospects, so no big deal, right?
true but my point is at that point he might as well have just owned up to it and said yes I was hitting on you.

I'm positive op was "taking his shirt off" with the "legit" excuse it was a pool party to purposefully show off and a chick that's used to getting hit on is thinking oh here comes another tool.

wouldn't be surprised if op was first if not one of the first to take his shirt off and walk around introducing himself. it's like a chick even if hot at a pool party is first to get in her bikini and walk around introducing herself regardless if she looks good most are thinking oh this one thinks she's "fancy". gtfo

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women are weird, this one sounds like you'll need a PhD in psychology to understand, react accordingly.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the only time I would give a good looking guy the brush off like that is if it appeared to me that he felt like/was acting like he was the absolute 'shyt'. Cream of the crop. No woman can resist me!
How does this square with the idea that "women love confidence", however? Wouldn't a confident male think the exact same thing?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does this square with the idea that "women love confidence", however? Wouldn't a confident male think the exact same thing?
For whatever reason, this female thought he was being overly flamboyant with his confidence. Honestly, you are never going to win every situation. Whatever your attitude, it is going to hit different people different ways. That is just life. No reason to dwell on it too much.
Be confident with who you are and don't let somebody else's opinion Affect you. There will always be someone who will try to take you down. These people are not worth the spaace in your brain.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever your attitude, it is going to hit different people different ways. That is just life.
I think this goes to show that the "confidence is attractive" idea is exaggerated. I think it's much more important that you not appear cowardly or insecure, if that makes any sense.

If you think of confidence as existing on a scale, a guy who was truly full of himself would exist high on that scale. But that would not be attractive (IMO), except to a damaged woman. So it's not really like "the more confidence you have, the more attractive you are" .

Women just want a man who is comfortable and relaxed with himself, and had the strength and courage to take the right actions. That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When they ignore you to an extreme (especially when they work in the service industry) it means she either loves your or hates you, which means she has feelings for you.

However, some women have this weird attitude about serving people they don't like and they should be fired.
The waitress treats the schlubby film producer looking guy that she has to serve with disdain/fear for no apparent reason and needs to be clamped to the pectorals of Hotty McHotterson pronto.
This is partly at the heart of why gaming women is close to unbearable. If they have that attitude in professional environment , what do you think it'll be like socially or dating?

Last edited:

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
The waitress treats the schlubby film producer looking guy that she has to serve with disdain/fear for no apparent reason and needs to be clamped to the pectorals of Hotty McHotterson pronto.
This is partly at the heart of why gaming women is close to unbearable. If they have that attitude in professional environment , what do you think it'll be like socially or dating?
Righto. Because waitresses don't get their jobs to make money they get them to get picked up by hot dudes while treating everyone else like crap.

get your mind right

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

****iness. This goes back to the idea of ****y and funny though. Like a guy can be a bit overly confident but has to joke about it so that you know he isn't taking himself too seriously. I believe women think THAT is attractive. But straight up arrogance is not.