Girls that text after big delay

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I know how most of you feel about text messaging and over analyzing a girl's actions but this one constantly confuses me, and it's happened with a few different girls. One particular girl follows this formula pretty much every week or so. Anyway, it goes like this:

-Girl will send me a text out of nowhere about some sort of trivial nonsense. Nothing important.
-I notice this maybe 20-30 minutes later or whenever I check my phone and respond (I very rarely initiate texting with girls I'm in to)
-I always get an equally trivial response, but it's often several hours later, sometimes even the next DAY.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone please explain this crazy chick psychology? Is this some kind of hard to get/availability thing or is just a sign of low interest? WTF.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man I don't see the point behind that on either...maybe they don't want to seem too available? Like they are busy? lol girls are crazy. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It's a good sign that they text you in the first place.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man I don't see the point behind that on either...maybe they don't want to seem too available? Like they are busy? lol girls are crazy. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It's a good sign that they text you in the first place.

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it if not for the fact that it happens all the f'ing time. This last time there was an 18 hour delay, and I know for a fact that this girl is not that busy. Seriously, what is that?

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry about the double post last time.

Well next time that happens, I'd reply with a sarcastic "wow...late reply" or something like that and then proceed with the rest of your message.

You could also try asking them to hang out with you or something right after the first time they text you, so then if they wait that long to reply to a direct question you can give them sh!t about that and let them know it's not ok.

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the twisted part is that the girl who does this the most often has a BF of two years; a guy that I'm friends with. Otherwise I would have cut the sh** a long time ago.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that would be an ok line to use, but I'd take change it to " if I'm not busy and if you promise to be interesting I'll answer" or something like that.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some girls like to wait a little bit because they think it's putting the guy "on edge". Some women don't really care, as they will text you back right away. Either way, it's not really a big deal.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate it too. you text back and forth for 5 or 6 messages the all of a sudden they stop cold. it is like their phone got tossed in the river or dropped into the sewer. it drives me nuts. i am starting to notice that it happens when you ask them a direct question. perhaps a phone call would be better but sometimes you can get away with texting (ie in class, at work, on the bus,) where as you cant with a call.

it is annoying. i think is not an attempt to anything by them but rather a view of contempt by them. think about it. they just feel they can cut the talk short at any time. a simple hey i gtg would be a courtesy. most girls dont have that anymore as they feel they dont owe anyone anything. i mean it isnt like they have such exciting lives that they dont have ten seconds to to text you "hey i gtg" or even afterwards..."sorry i got cut off before".

would you tolerate it with an employee? no. you would tell them firmly that their behavior is not acceptable. i see nothing wrong with calling them out and firmly telling them you dont feel it is apporpriate and not to let it happen again. if it does, walk.

with an explanation, i see a delayed response as no big deal. however if she doesnt apologize, it becomes a red flag to a bigger issue. she doest respect you.

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
drmeathead said:
with an explanation, i see a delayed response as no big deal. however if she doesnt apologize, it becomes a red flag to a bigger issue. she doest respect you.
That could be the case. Still, it's confusing. Why even bother initiating and eventually responding in the first place? Who sees a text response and says "oh, I'll get to it tomorrow?" Stupidity.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zeal said:
That could be the case. Still, it's confusing. Why even bother initiating and eventually responding in the first place? Who sees a text response and says "oh, I'll get to it tomorrow?" Stupidity.
girls seeking attention. girls that dont care what you say. girls that dont respect you. girls that dont have that much interest in you. girls that are using you as a back up. girls that think they whatever it is they are doing is more important.

i just had a girl no show on me thursday after basically asking me out. she then texted me again on friday to hang out so i said "why so you can not show up to hang out again like last night" well she went off the deepend as evidently her cousin had a blood sugar of 600 and she just rushed off to see him and her family is more important than some "myspace prowler" even though she is chasing me i am a prowler. so i simply told her a simple explanation after the fact would have been fine. i was told i didnt deserve one because no concrete plans were made. while this was true, it showed her true colors as a self centered self rightious ***** with no true interest.

to top it all off two seconds after getting this message she sent another asking me to hang out that night. asking where i was and blah blah. so i texted her back and then she goes i am not going my girls arent going. i am going to bed. my response "oh".

females are out of their mind. they think they can just be flat out rude but because they have a cute ass and pretty face they can get away with so much. too many guys supplicate these *****es. it is frustrating.

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
drmeathead said:
girls seeking attention. girls that dont care what you say. girls that dont respect you. girls that dont have that much interest in you. girls that are using you as a back up. girls that think they whatever it is they are doing is more important.

i just had a girl no show on me thursday after basically asking me out. she then texted me again on friday to hang out so i said "why so you can not show up to hang out again like last night" well she went off the deepend as evidently her cousin had a blood sugar of 600 and she just rushed off to see him and her family is more important than some "myspace prowler" even though she is chasing me i am a prowler. so i simply told her a simple explanation after the fact would have been fine. i was told i didnt deserve one because no concrete plans were made. while this was true, it showed her true colors as a self centered self rightious ***** with no true interest.

to top it all off two seconds after getting this message she sent another asking me to hang out that night. asking where i was and blah blah. so i texted her back and then she goes i am not going my girls arent going. i am going to bed. my response "oh".

females are out of their mind. they think they can just be flat out rude but because they have a cute ass and pretty face they can get away with so much. too many guys supplicate these *****es. it is frustrating.
Indeed. F*** it.

Zeal

Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, I'm not "supplicating" to the girl or kissing her ass in any way. I just respond when I get a text message, just the same as I would respond to anyone else. I'm not trying to play games. Still, I'm not going to bother in the future.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
Please follow that last bit of advice you wrote... why? Because you do not allow her to frame the relationship. *If you respond to a text message you have allowed her to frame the situation. She has initiated something, thus you have given her power. Let her initiate nothing, until you go out with her a number of times - that way you remain in charge.

Power always resides in the initiator.
i dont respond to her texts about conversation. those usually get a response of "oh" or "gotcha". i only exchange texts abut setting something up. i dont ever bother initiating with her. i really make no plans with girls. they chase me. i have other things to do like meet new ones.

oh and as a general rule...

cuddling and converstion are only considered after coitus

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i will fit her in with what i am doing. as case in point last two times she texted me i told her i was at such and such a place and she was welcome to stop by. if she doesnt i dont care. if she does super.