Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls on dating sites looking for "friends"?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the deal with girls on online dating sites who say that they are not looking for a relationship, but just "friends"? Since women rarely say what they really mean, and there's no reason an attractive girl needs to go on a dating site to find friends, I can think of two reasons:

1. They're just on there for attention.

2. A way to be able to reject guys by LJBFing them and not feel bad about it, but have sex with guys they are interested in and say "it just happened".

What is the best way to deal with these girls? Should I just pretend she never said she was looking for friends, and proceed as I would with any other girl?

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's a case of not meaning what they say, I think it's a deliberate cop-out. I think it's all about getting attention from as many sources as possible, for those sites appeal only to the narcissistic side of individuals. And that's why I don't mess with online dating.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because girls getting dolled up and sitting at a bar just to get free drinks and get ego boosts is so much less narcissistic?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cuz women are fvcking retarded?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There as as many reasons as stars in the sky. As we say here..ignore what she says and see what she does. If she goes out with you and has sex with you, then you know what it meant, it was meant to weed out the weak. If she throws you in the friendzone, well...maybe it did what it said on the tin. No nuts, no glory.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they know that guys will ignore that and still wine & dine them. Then they have the perfect excuse to not see him again. "Hey, I made it clear up front that I'm only looking for friends!"

Hey even you yourself thought of the same thing!

Should I just pretend she never said she was looking for friends, and proceed as I would with any other girl?
This advice first appeared in one of those women magazines, if you're curious.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Because they know that guys will ignore that and still wine & dine them. Then they have the perfect excuse to not see him again. "Hey, I made it clear up front that I'm only looking for friends!"

Hey even you yourself thought of the same thing!

This advice first appeared in one of those women magazines, if you're curious.

That doesn't mean you don't try. That means you know the game plan going in and switch it up to get her off of her track and into your bed. Then again, I don't do the wining and dining. We can met for drinks and talk, or go do something fun that I want to do. Don't play yourself.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
What's the deal with girls on online dating sites who say that they are not looking for a relationship, but just "friends"? Since women rarely say what they really mean, and there's no reason an attractive girl needs to go on a dating site to find friends, I can think of two reasons:

1. They're just on there for attention.

2. A way to be able to reject guys by LJBFing them and not feel bad about it, but have sex with guys they are interested in and say "it just happened".

What is the best way to deal with these girls? Should I just pretend she never said she was looking for friends, and proceed as I would with any other girl?

Maybe they want to expand their circle of friends
Maybe they are networking
Maybe they are looking for a roommate

What do you expect them to say if they are not looking for a relationship?

"Not looking for a relationship, but will give sex to any guy who takes me out?"

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the old "Anti-Slvt Device". By saying just friends or friends first, means she wants to at least know your middle name before she sleeps with you. Doesn't mean she WON'T sleep with you, just not on the first date....usually:whistle:

I mean, really, would you answer an ad that said:

"I'm looking for a FWB! Can start today!"

You guys would slam her with nasty names, a diatribe on the down fall of morals and her lack of standards. We girls can't win! :crazy: We're either a tease or a 'ho.