Girls from mainland China

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I believe due to the one-child policy, mainland China has tons of spoiled girls. As an only child myself, I know that I've been deprived of the conflict-resolution skills that other kids get, simply from having siblings around.

Back to the girls, they've been spoiled their whole life by their parents. As a result, they expect the same thing from their man. I know this generalization is unfair to such a large group of women. However, facts are facts. China's economy has been booming for over 20 years. A lot of the families suddenly find themselves in a position of wealth and power that they've never experienced before.

The nouveau rich parents has generally raised their daughters in a way that does not develop their emotional maturity. The one-child policy exacerbate such phenomenon.

I've met and attempted to date many of these girls. They're generally high-maintenance. As such, I've never considered them as relationship material. FB-relationship, on the other hand, hell yes.:rock:

Thoughts, experiences? Do share!

Last edited:

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but why has China's economy been booming? Because they have taught their kids to study hard every moment of their free time, and to learn to play an instrument while they're at it. They have taught their kids to not take the easy way out and not follow the path of least resistance. They will not go after a group of guys simply because they seem easier to get. What you call high maintenance is women - not girls - who have learned to be high quality and who expect a man to be the same. So what do you have to offer to match that?

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I lived in mainland china and I picked up many a hot local girl without spending a penny. Maybe it's just the ones who's parents have enough money to send them to where you live.

EDIT: Oh, I kinda glanced over your fvckbuddy comment. I wouldn't know what kind of girlfriends they make. Something about their mindset turned me off extremely so I never considered a real relationship with any of them.

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolfgang D said:
Yes, but why has China's economy been booming? Because they have taught their kids to study hard every moment of their free time, and to learn to play an instrument while they're at it. They have taught their kids to not take the easy way out and not follow the path of least resistance. They will not go after a group of guys simply because they seem easier to get. What you call high maintenance is women - not girls - who have learned to be high quality and who expect a man to be the same. So what do you have to offer to match that?
Actually, I get rejected because apparently I'm a 'nerdy/too smart for them' (their words, not mine).

Like this one girl asked about the contents of my blog. I told her that it was about politics, economy, personal reflections. Apparently, that's too much for her to handle.

When they`re out, all they do is take out their iphones and take more pictures of themselves. Awesome.

Whatever...I`m going to get my grades and make money. As far as I`m concerned, most of them are undateable.

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chickfight said:
Well I lived in mainland china and I picked up many a hot local girl without spending a penny. Maybe it's just the ones who's parents have enough money to send them to where you live.

EDIT: Oh, I kinda glanced over your fvckbuddy comment. I wouldn't know what kind of girlfriends they make. Something about their mindset turned me off extremely so I never considered a real relationship with any of them.
Yea, it's pretty much the ones that have rich parents that I keep bumping into.

Just curious, where did you live in mainland China?
I'm going to be working in Shanghai this summer. If you know any hotspots, let me know!

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JYW said:
Yea, it's pretty much the ones that have rich parents that I keep bumping into.

Just curious, where did you live in mainland China?
I'm going to be working in Shanghai this summer. If you know any hotspots, let me know!
Haha that's great man, it was in Shanghai. I'm going back there this summer as well. There's a great nightlife. Clubs are mostly free entry, open all night and you can get as drunk as you want cause there are cheap cabs everywhere. You should check out muse2 or muse and sky which are right next to each other. There's also windows underground which is more ghetto or windows scoreboard which is a great place to chill where you can play a bunch of games like beerpong. Man, I'm starting to miss it so much just thinking about it haha. I feel like a king there.
Those are just a few good places with decent amounts of foreigners (so you won't feel too out of place). PM me if you want to know more.

princesimba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im no racist, i speak purely from experience

but DONT, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER IN YOUR LIFE, EVER, GET TOGETHER WITH A CHINA GIRL. EVER.

Trust me

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow this is the perfect example of 2 Chinese girls that I have dated.

I will never ever date another girl like that ever.

From my experiences, It's not so much of the fact that they're spoiled...

but extremely selfish as well.

Both of them literally resolved conflicts with me like they would with their parents.

We all know how we used to handle those situations in an immature manner when we were growing up.

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
You realise that in China there are millions more men than women right?

Those girls get so much more male attention and are put up the pedestal so high they will act like far bigger *****es than Amercian sluts.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And within China, it is the Shanghai girls that have the worse reputation that the OP writes about.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in Shanghai, and yes, a lot of women here seemed spoiled, or always the play the dominant figure in relationships. Personally, I will never tolerate such custom :)

In reality, there are still women who wants a man to lead. There are an abundance of women out there, just look at the right places.

You do not have to be the status quo. If any woman is hooked into you, PLAY your cards differently from the other guys. You will eventually appeal to the high quality/sensible women.

If you're in SH, hit me up, we can run some nights together as wings :)

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
I am in Shanghai, and yes, a lot of women here seemed spoiled, or always the play the dominant figure in relationships. Personally, I will never tolerate such custom :)

In reality, there are still women who wants a man to lead. There are an abundance of women out there, just look at the right places.

You do not have to be the status quo. If any woman is hooked into you, PLAY your cards differently from the other guys. You will eventually appeal to the high quality/sensible women.

If you're in SH, hit me up, we can run some nights together as wings :)
Yes, there are decent ones who are willing to look after you. I've actually come across a few that I would consider relationship material.

With that said, I'm too young for relationships. Let's wing it up! I'll be in SH in May. I'll be in touch with you once I get there!

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
princesimba said:
Im no racist, i speak purely from experience

but DONT, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER IN YOUR LIFE, EVER, GET TOGETHER WITH A CHINA GIRL. EVER.

Trust me

Seconded, from experience. Stay away from Chinese girls.

JIW/Allure, there probably are relationship-worthy girls in China, but appearances can be really deceiving and the girl I used to date hid her dark side very well. As soon as you let your guard down (it's bound to happen sooner or later) you'll be on a slippery slope that either ends in self-castration or the end of the relationship. It's just not worth it.

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:

JIW/Allure, there probably are relationship-worthy girls in China, but appearances can be really deceiving and the girl I used to date hid her dark side very well. As soon as you let your guard down (it's bound to happen sooner or later) you'll be on a slippery slope that either ends in self-castration or the end of the relationship. It's just not worth it.
Thanks for writing something that my heart was not ready to accept, until now. You guys just saved myself from getting into a series of heartbreaking LTRs.

Time to spin a different set of plates!:rockon:

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:

It's a numbers game bro. I've met a lot of great chinese women here myself. I however, have an advantage, since I'm Taiwanese and speak mandarin.

Again, it's a numbers game. You need to be living here yourself for a good amount of years before you can understand where the culture really is now.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JYW said:
Yes, there are decent ones who are willing to look after you. I've actually come across a few that I would consider relationship material.

With that said, I'm too young for relationships. Let's wing it up! I'll be in SH in May. I'll be in touch with you once I get there!
Sure thing man. Hit me up anytime.