"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

girls dont call back

evrlast985

New Member
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Orange
I havent had much problems getting numbers from girls, but once I make the first call I've been on a losing streak for the last few, where they dont call back.

Up until now I thought I was pretty confident with girls but now I realize that I am far from it. I am enrolling myself in DJ bootcamp, I want to make it my goal to make this summer the most women populated.

I usually get one number a month and for the last 2 and a half months, these numbers dont call back. I meet these women in bars, when I'm at work, houseparties, basically all over.

But, even though I did get their numbers, why do you guys think there is no call back after I leave them a message?

I call em usually day and a half to two days later,,........should I call back again?

Thanks in advance..
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

fukuy

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
ya, always give them the doubt of sth wrong with their answering machine.
You call them at least 1 and at most twice. No more no less.
 

theinstrumentalist

New Member
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Southwest
I never leave a message on the first call, and sometimes leave a brief message if I can't get a hold of her on the second. I never call more than twice. When I do leave a message, like you, I rarely get a call back. The ladies that I do get dates with are usually the ones that answer the first time around.

As to why they don't call back, that could be anything. They don't care, they're busy, didn't get the message, etc, etc.

Does anyone think that leaving a message is a bad thing?
 

Zoso

Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Zoso
I don't leave messages.

When you leave a message, they may or may not get it. You don't know. But you do know that you did leave a message and there's a good chance they got it. This leaves the ball in her court, as far as you're concerned. Now it's up to her to call you back, but if she didn't get the message then that won't happen. If you call back to find out and try again, and she did get the message and just didn't want to call, it makes you look weak because you both know that she was supposed to call you but didn't.
 

AFC12345

New Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
hey man I'm lookin for somone to partner up with on DJBC check my post if u want to contact me
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
First time I call, if I get the machine, I basically say, "I'll call back another time." I figure I caught them at a bad time, so I'm letting them know that I made the call, I'm interested (haven't forgotten her already), gives her my number if she has caller ID (so she KNOWS it's me calling next time), and lets her know to be expecting me to call back.

Second time I call, if I get the machine, THEN I tell HER to call ME back...maybe even suggest a time we can get together so she can check her schedule and figure everything out before we talk again. If she doesn't return the call, then I figure she's not interested. Or if I got a real high IL at first or the girl's really hot, I'll give it a little while longer and call one last time. But after two calls, if she REALLY wants to spend time with me, it's only proper that she returns the call in SOME fashion. If she doesn't, even if she's interested, she doesn't deserve my time. :D

If a girl ever answers and says "can I call you back?" the best thing to do is just tell her "no, I'll call you back around xx:xx." Half the time, a call-back promise from a girl is legit and half the time it's BS.

That's not set in stone, a lot of times it depends on the girl, the IL, and the circumstances. But if after the third call you don't get a call-back, then she's not interested.
 

theinstrumentalist

New Member
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Southwest
First time I call, if I get the machine, I basically say, "I'll call back another time." I figure I caught them at a bad time, so I'm letting them know that I made the call, I'm interested (haven't forgotten her already), gives her my number if she has caller ID (so she KNOWS it's me calling next time), and lets her know to be expecting me to call back.
Thats a good point, curteous and letting it be known that it's YOU that will be calling back some other time. Although I do disagree with the third call, but that's just a matter of preference.
Thanks for the insight, squirrels.
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I just made my second call. The first time I called was a few months ago, was when I asked her out and got her number(She was in one of my classes). Then when I saw her again she said she didn't call me back because she wanted to tell me in person that she was going through a tuff part with her then current boyfriend. It sounded like it was ending. So, fine. I thought I'd next her, but then changed my mind. She had seemed interested and she did accept my offer to go out, so I felt conflicted. So, I called her on Monday and left a message in her voice mail. I figure I'll wait and see if she calls me back this time. Now that the semester is over, I won't see her in class anymore. She is moving, not sure when, so that could be why she has not called me back yet. Plus, she's been pretty busy these last few weeks. I think I'll call one more time this weekend and then forget it. It's hard to say what to do and this is the first number I have ever gotten. So, I'll give her the benifet of the doubt. But, you must remember that you don't want to call too much. Like it has been said, anymore then 3 is too much. You don't want to be like that guy from "Swingers." ;)
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by dementia
i never leave messages. Ill hang up after 3-4 rings until i get her.

If they ask "did u call earlier"..... "Nope i was busy doing <insert activity here> earlier... i wasnt evne thinking about u"
All cellphones have caller ID. If you called her, then you call her again and the same number shows up, she'll know. Why are you afraid to admit you called her? It's a phonecall. It's not like you called 15 times during the day. I'll call girls on my way back from the gym or out to the store.

Even if you block caller ID, you'll still come up as "no number" twice and there aren't that many people that do that. I mean, not leaving a message is one thing, but then being like, "oh no, I didn't call you" is just an obvious lie.
 

jba1234

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
One number a month is not even close to being enough. With this rate of numbers gotten it is unlikely to have success. I try to get at least a few numbers each day, sometimes more, sometimes less. For example Monday I went to the mall and scored about 6 numbers. This afternoon I already have a meeting set up with one of those girls for coffee.Once you get the hang of it, it gets easier. By only getting a few numbers per month your chance of getting a live one is almost zero. So instead of focusing on calling a few girls you can focus on calling a whole bunch and have a much better chance of success.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top