Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend's love for her dog

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
In short, I want you to tell me where the 'normal' in love for dogs begins and ends and enters obsession or something of the like that is not generally expected to be tollerated.

I have a long distance girlfriend; I love her very much and she loves me back. She's on college studying stomatology and lives alone in her appartment and most of her time, she spends on college and when she returns she's studying.

She got her a yorkshire terrier a few months back and sure, those little things are adorable, but right at the beginning as we were talking on skype she's been interrupting me a zillion times in the middle of a sentence in the middle of something I was telling, saying something like 'OMG look, he is sooooo cute' or, 'LOL, I wish you could see what he's doing, he's so funny!'. Most of the time, she can't talk to me without holding him on her lap.

She lets him sleep on the bed and says his favourite spot is on the pillow, at her head, she says he is her little prince. And yesterday she told me, when I'll come see her, I'll just have to accept the dog will sleep with us.

I must also say I like dogs alot, I've had a few, and I loved the last one the most, but they were all outside dogs. I live out of town, practically in a village and the dog could be unleashed and free, never had any problems, and I very seldom brought them inside.

Now, please tell me what she's doing is completely normal, that I'm crazy for even thinking about this, and that everything is going to be fine. Oh, and also this, imagine we're in bed, dog's with us, of course, and we kiss and lead one thing to another and then she realizes we're gonna have secks and takes the dog to the bathroom. And when we're done, she'd bring him back. Every ****ing time. And if I take the long way with, I don't know, ice cubes, baby oil, I bet the dog's gonna start crying in the bathroom at a certain point and she'd have to get up, comfort the dog, come back and we continue just where we left off. Is this sweet or what? :eek:

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, it's not once or twice a week, it's a long distance relationship.

Suppose at one point she moves to live with me, is the dog gonna sleep in another room every other day to make both happy? I say, no dog on the bed, at all. Oh, she's 24 and I'm 27...

Regarding interruptions, it's not just the dog, sometimes, when I phone her when she's at home, her mom wants something from her every 10 minutes and when I got upset about being interrupted, she says she's surprised, since none of her friends ever complained about it and to her this is completely normal.

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has she any brothers or sisters? If the mom phone so often, it is because she is missing her daughter and will make any excuse to hear her voice. As for her dog do not lock it in another room as she will be thinking, "my poor dog," just do whatever you guys always do, including f**king and ignore the dog. Eventually the f**king dog will get used to you slipping your bone into its mistress, get bored and go somewhere to sleep.

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, she has no siblings. Her mom and dad are not exactly the happy couple and if they talk, they argue/yell. Her mom is discussing problems with her dad with her.

Once I tried, very softly at first, to try to make her mom understand that she has to let her go, let her live her own life. She got pissed off and said "Well I like talking to my mother" and it brought us nowhere. I see a pattern of, ---I like something you don't, but that's how I am and I can't change and you'll have to accept that--- but isn't this just about everything we do, say or like??? If I curse alot, use the f word plenty, and my girlfriend wouldn't like it, I'd say, hey, this is who I am and I can't change that. And that would make perfect sense, right? Also, smoking, putting down toilet seat, etc. Impossible to change. Just like it's impossible to train the dog to sleep elsewhere.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean. That's why I don't have relationships over the phone anymore.

I once dated a chick who live with her parents and 26 dogs (yes, 26), but whatever. The point is, this chick does NOT want to hear what you're saying for more than a minute. She's always sure to be sitting next to the TV, her friends, her mom, her dog, so she can go off on whatever.

And why wouldn't she? You're just her phone buddy. She's not going to stop her life for some person who isn't even there . . . and neither should you. Move closer together or end this pointless LDR crap!

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, please tell me what she's doing is completely normal, that I'm crazy for even thinking about this, and that everything is going to be fine. Oh, and also this, imagine we're in bed, dog's with us, of course, and we kiss and lead one thing to another and then she realizes we're gonna have secks and takes the dog to the bathroom. And when we're done, she'd bring him back. Every ****ing time. And if I take the long way with, I don't know, ice cubes, baby oil, I bet the dog's gonna start crying in the bathroom at a certain point and she'd have to get up, comfort the dog, come back and we continue just where we left off. Is this sweet or what?

That is disgusting. I understand she having an attachment for the dog. But you don’t have to sleep in the same bed. He is an animal and should NEVER be as important as you. Especially when you have been in her life for quite a bit now.

Just be straight forward and say that you don’t want to sleep with the dog. And that you want to sleep on clean sheets and pillow cases. People don’t realize how many of them are actually allergic to dogs as they carry a lot of little things that can trigger asthma and allergies.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing...she is also spoiled (being only child) and feel she can get away with anything.

You can either tolerate that or take charge. But don't force her or try to control her. Simply communicate with her...if she doesn't change...then demostrate. After all...it will be your choice.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man this chick is using her dog to demonstrate her alpha status over you (she interrupts you , she makes you wait for him...).

She wants you to step up and be a man , and stop letting her put you in your place all the time (unless you are the feminine partner in the relationship of course, in which case it's cool).

But hey , if you're already fcuking her , who gives a sh!t
All you need to do is btich slap her metaphorically speaking whenever she does any annoying dog-related crap.

gr8one

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a Video of this chick getting railed by her German Sheppard...
I mean, my friend saw this video. And it was Friggin' Crazy! I'll never look at chicks with dogs the same way...

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
house is for people, dogs sleep outside, at least that's the way i was raised......there is notting that disturbs me more then seeing a poor dog being dressed up in to stupid outfits and carried down the street like a freakin' human baby.

That kind of tells you how "mentaly stable" the person is.

people that are more attached to pets, then fellow human beings have trust issues (among manny other issues..)
so true my friend. i was eating breakfast at a restaurant which had outdoor tables once... there was a man there with his dog in his lap, feeding it bites off his plate. it was f*cking nasty.

these people do have mental issues to be sure. i believe in psychology they call it "projection" or something like that - it's where a human projects their own thoughts and feelings onto an animal and imagines that the animal perceives the world in such a way as well. in other words, on a certain level they do think the dog is their "baby".

females are usually the ones who do this the most, probably because of their biological imperative to nurture (i.e. mother instinct). but in my mind it demonstrates immaturity...kind of like a little girl who plays with dolls except the doll is a living creature.

to the original poster: i have experienced something similar. i went on a date with a girl like this once. it was horrible. she was extremely rude, and would interrupt our conversation EVERY time someone would walk by with a dog. she'd stop, go "oooooh my gooood he's sooooo cute" and try to pet it, etc. it was REALLY freakin annoying. i didn't even bother trying to correct the problem with this girl, she was such a wack job that one date was enough.

but if i were you, i would say "sweetie, i think it's a little unclean for a dog to sleep on the pillow next to us. also, it could cause my allergies to flare up" or something like that.

but if you're not worried about the clean issue, and it's just getting laid, don't worry about that. if you start making out and she wants it, she'll just push the dog aside trust me.

lettuce head

Reaction score
there's nothing worse than a broad with a dog that she raised herself like in college or something.

girls in college get dogs and they by default raise them to be these gay little pvussies with no manners or obediency.

it's straight up a TURN OFF when you hook up with a broad who is all foofy foofy with their god damn dog when you're trying to get some action. man that sh2t pisses me off.

i simply can't be with a b1tch who has a pvssy ass dog that sleeps on the bed, and if you push them off they whine and cry until they're back on the bed. major turnoff. must love dogs? suck my balls.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
That said , my girl kelly has a cat that I have to sleep with in the bed. Muthafcuker is bugger than I am.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
lettuce head said:
must love dogs? suck my balls.
LOL.

Off topic but dogs are the new substitute children for Western couples and single go getters everywhere now, on the positive side you get to see alot of fit b!tches jogging when there labradoodles need a stretch.

All those child bearing hips rendered useless..what a waste.