Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend rarely texts anymore but in phone and real life is still her usual self

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

So me and my 5 months gf were heavy texters. It's not rare that we texted from morning til evening continuously. These past 2 weeks or so I noticed that something changed in her texting behavior. Starting from reduced frequency, to short replies, rarely asks questions, to the point that she almost never initiates. When we met or phoned a few times during these 2 weeks (we're not big on phone convo and we only meet once a week due to jobs), conversations were great (I even noticed an increase of energy), but after that, it's still silence in the texting area.

I'm just wondering whether this indicates that her interest is lower now or that she all of a sudden got bored of texting? Yeah I know texting sucks etc but my point is her change of behavior.

Edit: She once said that her job recently got her anxious, so I assumed that's the cause. I just didn't expect it would go on this long, because previously when there's a life problem it didn't affect our texting activity.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
Ignore the assumption of a new guy unless you have more reliable evidence. She might just have grown tired of texting, you could just ask her if she has. Assuming things, spinning bullsh!t in your head and being caught in such thinking is a very common way to fvck up a good relationship.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

So me and my 5 months gf were heavy texters. It's not rare that we texted from morning til evening continuously. These past 2 weeks or so I noticed that something changed in her texting behavior. Starting from reduced frequency, to short replies, rarely asks questions, to the point that she almost never initiates. When we met or phoned a few times during these 2 weeks, conversations were great (I even noticed an increase of energy), but after that, it's still silence in the texting area.

I'm just wondering whether this indicates that her interest is lower now or that she all of a sudden got bored of texting? Yeah I know texting sucks etc but my point is her change of behavior.
you might not be "replaced" but she has someone else for her texting likely. he could just be an orbiter.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She once said that her job recently got her anxious, so I assumed that's the cause. I just didn't expect it would go on this long, because previously when there's a life problem it didn't affect our texting activity.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She once said that her job recently got her anxious, so I assumed that's the cause. I just didn't expect it would go on this long, because previously when there's a life problem it didn't affect our texting activity.
Well if it's during work hours she's not texting, that's GREAT. It means she's being responsible.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if it's during work hours she's not texting, that's GREAT. It means she's being responsible.
but the thing is she's still silent even when she gets home lol. but maybe I'm reading too much into this and should just call her.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
The isn't why she isn't texting you, but why your b*tch ass is sitting there having a text marathon all damn day. Four questions. What f*ck could you possibly be texting about from the time you get up, til you go to bed? Do you sh*t going in your life than your girlfriend, if so then why aren't you doing it? How all of this texting benefit you and your relationship?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excessive texting erodes relationships.

You have become common and appear just like her vapid friends who are compelled to text at every moment.

You need to appear different. You are a MAN. You are out and about administering your Kingdom and you have no time for silly things like texting. This is what you need to convey, not in word but in deed.

Never forget that excessive texting makes you common, taken for granted, overly accessible, and feminine in her eyes. Use texting as a utility for scheduling and for extremely brief exchanges. If you do four or more exchanges at a given time you are texting way too much.

Men are out in the world slaying dragons (plowing through obstacles), not sitting curled up on the couch glued to a tiny phone. That's what women do, and women are subconsciously aware of this.

In a nutshell, you became her girlfriend. You're starting to lose her for this reason. You need to make yourself scarce and make HER wonder about YOU.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not rare that we texted from morning til evening continuously.
I'm not even going to say she found a new guy because it probably isn't even that. It's simply the above quote. Why the fvck are you texting someone...ANYONE...gf or any kind of friend from morning till night. Honestly, that's just dumb. I don't even know what to say.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol texting incessantly is just a buffer against insecurity. It's you getting your little validation fix--Oh, she still likes me. Whew. Super codependent.

The honeymoon is over--better up your alpha because you can only ride that chemical high so long. In the future exercise some self control and don't get sucked into the honeymoon period. Pace yourself--don't let chemicals cloud your judgement. You've set an impossible standard for your attentions and availability. Get ready for the **** tests.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The message here is that you are no longer Mr. Exciting and have become predictable to the point that she might have found somebody else to talk to or has somebody in mind. If I were I would go snooping around, maybe even check her phone if you get a chance. In the meantime become scarce!

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As many on here know, I'm a big "anti-texting" advocate, mostly because guys either (a) don't know the proper usage, or (b) rely on it too much as a meter of a woman's interest.

The phone should only be used to set up dates, especially when you first start dating a woman. That's it. Any phone usage outside of that is a waste of your time; you should be saving the majority of your communication with her for in person.

You want to spend 30 minutes flirting on the phone with her with sappy text? SAVE IT FOR IN PERSON.

Want to ask her about her day? SAVE IT FOR IN PERSON.

Want to tell her about something exciting you're doing? SAVE IT FOR IN PERSON.

Also, I hate when guys say "we used to text each other all day..." what I interpret that as is, the guy initiated the texting stream, the girl decided to answer him and figured that would be it... but the guy just kept messaging and the woman, not wanting to be rude, kept responding back. A few months in, though, and she decides to back off, hoping the guy will realize she wants to communicate with him, but not all day on the phone.

Do you know how much time and effort she has to waste to be on alert to text you ALL damn day??

In the course of a regular day, she has to get up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, drive to work, concentrate on work stuff, go to meetings, have a lunch break, go back to work, get off work and drive home from work in awful traffic, then get home to unwind and have some "me" time after being around people all day.

In the midst of all that, you expect her to be available to have an all-day text-a-thon with you, EVERY day?? GTFOH!

Reality check: she's your girlfriend. She KNOWS you like her, and she knows you know she likes you. She doesn't have to be in a text-o-rama with you all day to prove that. Just because the texting is slacking... if that's the ONLY evidence you have that this thing is going downhill, it's pretty weak. If she starts rejecting dates or seeing you less, THEN I'd be worried. But less texting? You shouldn't be doing so much texting in the first place!

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sigh - Youre engaging in female texting habits. Sort yourself out.

Try this - reach down between your legs. Theres a couple of things down there called 'balls.' See if you can find them. Feel them? If you can, great. Youre a man. At least biologically. Your brain sounds like it needs a shot of male thinking.

Now read these other posts. Your excessive texting is a result. The root problem is your feminine, beta actions. Sort it out.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it matters how much you text, whether always or never as long as you still frequently hang out irl and everything is good.

If she's not texting you because she's busy and has a life, then text your friends or your side girl or get your own life etc.

This is only a problem if she can text you but chooses to ignore you or text other people instead of you etc.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This made me laugh. Spending your time thinking and worrying about texting activity. Millions of years of evolution for this.

Last edited:

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
The honey moon stage is over. This imo is the most likely reason. I suggest that you find interesting things to do and not make her such a priority.

The last thing you want to do is give her even more attention and focus. Give her less but because your focus is on other things like improving yourself.

Trust me all the details you mentioned in your post don't matter that much. At this point the best you can do is find other sh1t to do and think about.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is lame. Stop doing it.

Make a date (romantic activity + opportunity for sex to happen) and get the hell off the phone. The phone is a tool for setting dates. Nothing more.

Again, this is just like sales. You don't sell jack **** over the phone.