"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girlfriend Has Psycho Ex Bf

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Alright, well I recently(and when I mean recently, I mean just a few days ago) started going out with this girl. We've been talking for a while, and after we went out yesterday and I was about to take her home, I asked her out. Well, anyways, I knew it would be risky since she just broke up with her ex, but I went for it anyways.

Here's a little background info on this guy. She broke up with him because he's type a typical psycho go-crazy-when-your-gf-breaks-up-with-you afc. I mean the guy's nuts. He had her initials tattooed to his ankle, and when she finally broke the news to him, he tried to cut it off with a knife! And the other day, he was admitted to the hospital here because he OD'd on some pills in an attempt to kill himself because of her. No joke..anyways, I could go on and on about this, but I'm gonna cut to the point.

This guy's crying and whining about her 24-7..calling, complaining, telling her she was the only girl he ever loved, basically c0ck blocking the sh** outta me. I went over there tonight, for example. Right when I sat down in her room her mom yells out for her and she comes back and tells me I have to leave because her ex called her mom and told her she'd been drinking and got some tattoos.

My question is, seeing that I have never been in a situation like this before, what would you do if your girlfriend's ex bf kept persisting like this?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Go up to him and tell him what he's doing it disrespectful to her, and you aren't going to let anyone disrespect your girl. They're over with and he needs to act like a man and accept it, let him know you won't stand for it.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
I'd go over there and have a quiet word with him. If he gets violent, I'd nut him out [in true newcastle style, waiyy-ayye-mon!]. If you like this girl, you should take the male role and sort the ex out.

... by that I dont mean kill him :p
 

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
669
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Virginia
mm what about when shes not your girlfriend yet? And you were working it until her ex boyfriend decided to start calling her again and ****blocks the hell out of me?[this is after i had madeout with her, hes STILL successfully ****blocking]
"Everytime I start talking to him again, I fall for him again" ok. lol.
I jsut went out to dinner[well..more liek chilling ina restaurant, and me eating] with her. Man, i had her laughing the whole time. **** we had jokes going back and forth about us fvcking and giving me head lol.
But then when she let me out[she drives, i don't..gay] she jsut kinda sat there. I was like "hug?:)"...i didn't want to kiss ehr if she didn't act like she even wanted it.
I think I'm done trying with ehr thoguh...what would u do in my position?
 
Top