"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

girlfriend feeling too secure and getting lazy

nobodyknowsit

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
basically this girl had a GREAT attitude when she was trying to earn the status of "my girlfriend", i let that drag on for almost three months, but since then (almost a month) she has gotten wayyy to secure and lazy. I dont want to break up wiht her just yet, but im unsure of what exactly to do to fix this. My thinking would be to make her realize that she needs to still work to KEEP that status, but how should i go about doing that? tell her about that fact or just show it with actions (hanging out (just hanging out) with other girls, not bothering to talk to her, not bothering to take her out?). I started thinking this way when she told me that I dont hug her enough in school, or talk to her enough in school (yet she says she likes it when i do because im unpredictable). So i told her that she is getting predictable because she has never made ANY initiative and she should be careful that i dont get bored.

What do you guys htink i should do? how much contact? should i not hang out with her this weekend (i usually do one night a week is all)? should i jsut not call her to hang out, but make plans to spend time iwth her if SHE calls ME?

Thanks for the advice
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
actually i think it's the opposite way.

u say she's being too secure cause she's predictable.
well think about it this way:

maybe she's secure cause YOU'RE the one who's always predictable.

remember even if you do have a gf, you should still have an active social life going on.

if you had female friends or others around you she sees as a threat to the relationship then that might actually spice it up.
im not saying you should, but whatever you want pal.

remember to be unpredictable.
 

nobodyknowsit

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
actually, like i said, i do have a social life. I only hang out with her once a week.

Maybe I am predictable in some areas.. which is what im trying to change. so back to my question:

What do you guys htink i should do? how much contact? should i not hang out with her this weekend (i usually do one night a week is all)? should i jsut not call her to hang out, but make plans to spend time iwth her if SHE calls ME?
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
so what exactly do you guys do for fun??

maybe you should make a change and try something different for a change?
 

nobodyknowsit

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
movies, mall, bowling, rent a movie, park the car under the moon and stars, go to parties, get dessert, [try to] teach her how to snowboard, wrestle

im kinda out of ideas on that too, i try to do something different every time (except when we rent a movie at one of our houses late at night, that has been more than once)
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

nobodyknowsit

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I am new to the idea of having a girlfriend, I try to always do new things and keep it exciting, but I was just wondering what the difference in behavior should be when she is your gf. Should i show a lot of affection in public, like arm around her, hug her, maybe a small kiss.. will those things raise her interest.. but still be seen laughing and such with other girls and not hang out with her all the time. Basically i just like to have her chasing after me and begging me, call me insecure, but I like the reassurance that i am in control of the relationship (and yes, I am, i just like getting reassurance every so often)
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Cut her off. Simply as that.

What does she like when you do? What is she getting from you?

Think about that and decrease the supply of those things.

The price will rise.
 

nobodyknowsit

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
I dont really know what she likes when i do.. shes pretty timid and doesnt express that. I have given her three orgasms though in the past 6 weeks (not everytime we make out though so i guess im cutting her off in a way).

I kinda just realized that I think the problem IS me like ScrewIt said. She called me tonight and was all into talking to me, asked why we havent talked in a couple days.. stuff like that.

I think my problem is that i dont know how to seduce or maybe i just dont do it... probably related to childhood insecurities (my mom has been married like 5 times, although our home has always been very stable, she just cant pick a good man) Can yuo guys give me any tips on how to act towards a girlfriend to make her "heart melt" both in a public situation and in a private situation. I dont need tips on making out or sexual techniques, once i get into that situation i am very good, Its the non sexual stuff that i get stuck with.

Thanks
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Your in school? Too young for a GF. Dump her, and see other, multiple, girls on the side. Have fun. ;)
 
Top