Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend and that thing called love...

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my girl are going on 5 awesome months togeather. We've talked about being in love with each other, but have not actually said it. She really feels it, im not quite there yet. She asks me alot how I feel about it and I never give her a straight answer. She wont let her feelings go until I do. She's always trying to pry it out of me...and make sense of how I feel about her.

Well the truth is, I think I could love her. Or it could be just infatuation, I don't know. Well here's the catch:

She wants to go to college in TX in about 6 months. We're both seniors. I plan on staying where im at now, in CO. She does somthing to me no other girl has. I really want to let my emotions go, but I see it as a waste if she's just going to be leaving.

I can easily see us lasting right up to the point of her leaving, and I don't want us to get too attached. I am not outruling anything such as a long-distance relationship, but I dont really want that. She's going to the 2nd largest school in the nation. There is going to be temptation for her, as well as me. Besides I would tear myself up thinking about where she is and what she's doing out there with no parents or curphew. (kinda scary)

But I also dont want to feel this strongly for someone and just let her go. I could be passing up somthing really good.

I need someone to help me out here with what I should do. I see myself w/ 3 options.

1. Just go with it. Let the emotions flow, and see what happens.

2. Go with it, but sorta keep an unspoken barrier between us. Not let things get too serious, and just accept shes leaving.

3. Break things now, and just forget about it.

Another thing to take into concideration. This is my senior year dammit! I don;t want to spend all of it with one girl whos just gonna leave me anyway. I dont know if it's worth it.

And my last question, should I talk to her about this?? I sorta did a little bit. She said just go with it, and dont think about it.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep her close to you, but keep your options for other chicks open. I think about this situation all the time concerning my friends and what happens when we are graduating (Im a Junior).

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Has anybody been in this situation before??

I realize its 6-7 months away...but with this I dont wanna be to late. I'd rather be early...any advice would help.

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as love. It is infatuation, and that will go away with time.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is when two people are infatuated with eachother. Anymore explanation needed? Thanks.

My friend's in a similer situation actually. Ironically, he's also, at this time, with his girlfriend.

She lives like half the country away. Every vacation he get's though, he flies over there and spends them with her (or she comes here).

Call me an AFC, I don't know, but these 2 people are in love. Nothing else I can really say about that. They've discussed it with eachother (They're both seniors) and they are going to continue their relationship.

My advice to you is, see your relationship and your feelings for her completly clearly and unclouded. Sit down and be completly honest with her, and decide if you want to continue this or not.

Remember Road Trip? You need to make sure this won't happen. If you forsee it as a possible scenerio, keep in touch through college but don't date. When she graduates, if she's single -- well comeback to SoSuave then :) .

Unless of course, you've found a women who you desire more.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very obvious from reading your post that you care about her a lot.

I'm in a similar situation myself actually, except I'm the one that's going to college(I'm a senior) and she'll still have another year of highschool. The thing I have to ask myself when considering how serious I want to be with her is this:

Is she worth it?

You've been with your girlfriend for five months, which means you're past the basic physical attraction part of any relationship. There's more to it now. You need to ask yourself if this girl is worth getting serious with.

My advice is go for it with her. Slowly but surely let her know how you really feel about her. After all, isn't this what we're all here for? Yes, you could probably have a lot of fun your second half of senior year if you forget about her and fool around with a new girl every weekend. But having a relationship with significance to it in my experience is worth far more than getting sucked off by a new random ***** every Friday. She's important to you, you're important to her...don't let your future plans overshadow that for the time being. There's plenty of time before you both go to college. You might not even be together at that point. But if she's worth it, take a chance on starting something serious with her.

And last I checked, Colorado and Texas aren't too far apart on the atlas...hope your situation works out.