"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

girl won't even look at me now

ozzfest

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
ever experienced this? here's the scenario....

at work...don't really know this girl well..but I sometimes walk past her cube...we said hi to each other when passing in the parking lot and if I'm not mistaken I sensed something ...not saying she wanted to jump me..just saying she seemed nice and seemed like she could possibly be interested. I even noticed her looking over my way at work from her cube on occasions.

Anyways, 1 day I passed her desk and without meaning anything nasty I think I inadvertently snubbed her. I walked past her cube and didn't acknowledge her and as I passed I noticed out of the corner of my eye she kind of waved hi. Well I think this 1 little mishap screwed me over. Can't figure out why but she seems to now go out of her way to snub me! Won't look at me when I pass her desk...its really bizarre behavior. Can someone really get this ticked by 1 little incident??

Now I know your gonna say "your reading way too much into this" but unless you witness it 1st hand you don't fully understand. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen...I know it sounds trivial...but its kinda awkward. Really weird thing is that I sensed interest and then within a week we have become like arch enemies over nothing!!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

italostud

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
804
Reaction score
7
Age
45
She probably saw that you saw her waving. Then she's thinking "WTF is wrong with this guy, he walks by lookin at me out of the corner of his eye, sees me wave, but keeps walking. ****ing homo is trying to snub me!"

Haha, just pretend like it never happened. Her feelings are hurt. Just make it better, you know what to do. Play hide-the-wang after work!
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Maybe be honest about what happened. Say you saw her wave, but froze up or something. Make a joke how your brain wasn't fully functional that day. Then if you already haven't, have a formal introduction.

Keep us updated.
 

Nosferatu

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Everywhere
I think you should go up to her and tell her you're not sure, but you think you might have snubbed her while walking past one day. Say you're sorry (in a casual, light, almost flippant way), and that you had something urgent on your mind.

Then, you MUST control the situation by smiling and walking away. YOU are the one in control of the situation. Observe her behavior over the next few days. If she's friendly, ask her to lunch. If not, then NEXT. In that case she would prove to be impossibly high maintenance.

You NEVER want to osess over a woman who is non-responsive. She should get one chance, and one chance only, to put away her attitude.

Nosferatu
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ozzfest

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
thanks for the responses guys..appreciate it..

like i said it might sound trivial but its weird how such a simple thing can blow up in your face. Sometimes women can be so ridiculous
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by GaryNas
Maybe be honest about what happened. Say you saw her wave, but froze up or something. Make a joke how your brain wasn't fully functional that day. Then if you already haven't, have a formal introduction.

Keep us updated.
Bad, bad. If a girl is snubbing you for no/little reason, the worst thing you can do is bring it up with her. She'll just deny, deny, deny, then act like you're a stalker and a weirdo for obsessing over her "supposedly" ignoring you.

Try and just make conversation with her. My experience with these attention *****s who pull this crap is that she'll warm up to you again eventually. It may take a year or a week, and if you find a way to speed that up, please let me know.

Why is she worth it anyway? She got mad at you for no frickin reason. All women love drama - but few cause it like this one.
 
Top