Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl who's father abused her, any shot or forget it?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been seeing this girl for roughly 3 months. Things started out well until about 2-3 weeks ago and I asked her if we were going out or what the deal was. She said she never really thought about it and that was the end of that conversation. After that conversation things started to go down a bit. Her responses to texts took longer, and she didn’t initiate text convos as much. Really no big deal, as we’re both working and we were both busy so perhaps that wasn’t even the cause.

She was a virgin when I met her, and she’s never had a boy friend. She also doesn’t have many friends and in the past admitted she pushed people away who got too close. She’s a bit quirky and odd, which I like about her. After the second month warmed her up to the idea of sex and she lost her virginity. Wasn’t the best sex as it was her first time and she was in pain, etc. which I think pushed her away from it. Second time I lost my erection due to using condoms/tightness after. After I asked if we were going out I noticed she was a bit more prudish. She wouldn’t take off her pants, but she’d give me hand jobs, etc. but no sex.
So this week I kinda want to figure out what’s going on. I told her I’m thinking about a school closer to home so we can hang out but I wasn’t sure if we’re dating or if I should even consider that into my school selection. She told me not to worry about her, go to what school I please, and that she doesn’t want a relationship or anything.

I talked to her this week in person to figure out what the deal is. The notion of talking about it made her uneasy it seemed. I asked her about the text and if she had concerns about me going to school, or what the deal was. She tells me like 7 different things.

1. Thinks relationships lead to fighting (her mom is like 2 times divorced)
2. People get too attached and care too much.
3. She doesn’t like me as much as she did and she likes this other guy sorta now.
4. Is afraid of a relationship.
5. Wouldn’t know what to do in one.
6. Is afraid to get too close to someone.
On and on, changing her story. Then she tells me she thinks she’s weird in a bad way and she thinks it’s cause her dad hit her when she was younger. Complete news to me, but she tells me he would call her stupid, say she was on drugs for grades slipping, and even pulled her up by the hair and threw her up the stairs for deleting a computer file when she was younger.

I consoled her a bit as she started crying and she told me she’s only a couple people ever about this.
Obviously father-daughter issues are never a good sign but I can’t tell if I should completely move on from her due to a lack of interest on her part or if you guys think it’s some other issue that’s scaring her away from a relationship. I’m cool with being friends with her, but it seems like everything was good until I started wanting to attach a label to it and perhaps that scared her. She also told me she was a bit shocked I went for the kiss on the second date.

I asked why she let me keep doing what I was doing if she wasn’t into me and she said she didn’t mind the touching, kissing, etc. but admitted she wasn’t much of a sexual person and said she never really gets aroused.
I like her personality and she’s got a good body but some issues. Do you think it’s her issues pushing me away or her interest levels genuinely dropped?

I planned on dropping conversation for a while, say a week, then let her know I’m cool with remaining how we were. I’d drop kino for a while and maybe introduce light contact eventually and work a bit slower this time. Perhaps never having a boyfriend, connection issues, and me charging in full blast freaked her out?

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
one word.........................RUN.............................................................

These girls are so messed up with mental issues. Don't even take a chance because she will turn on you too because youre a guy. Dont even take a chance with her.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Here's your remedy:

1. Take a deep breath from your diaphragm.

2. Turn 180 degrees from her.

3. Run as far and as fast as you can.

4. Don't look back. Not once. The last vision of you, from her eyes, is ass and elbows.

You will be sucked into her black hole of self-loathing and perpetually pay for the sins of her Father. There's absolutely nothing to gain, but everything to lose.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
This is the single worst thing a woman can tell you. Damaged beyond repair. The first question I ask a woman is "do you love your father" - and I mean as a friend.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been there before with a girl with father issues. It kind of brings John Mayer's song "Daughters" into real perspective.

Ill tell you this OP. If you can man up and truly care for this girl, and see that you guys have a connection, go for it. I mean dude you have the virginity of a chick whos had issues, so you prolly mean a lot to her.

But if you just wanna just smash, or if that was your intention from the get go, just bail and let her find someone who can help her past these issues. If you cannot handle it, I dont blame you, but dont stay just to get some action like some guys would.

Btw how old are yall?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like relationships, I've done one night stands, casual sex and I don't like it, I like connections with girls I've known for a while. I know there are a lot of issues with her but I wouldn't might helping her out. My father died when I was young and I know not having one sucks. She really doesn't have many friends or anyone to talk to and I enjoy her company.

I like her, but I don't know what her deal is. One hand I think she's just trying to find a way to block whoever is getting close to her from coming into her life.

In the other hand perhaps she's just not that into me, and honestly doesn't want a relationship with me. Girls usually don't carry on this kinda stuff if they don't like a guy unless it's casual/hookups so that kinda throws me for a loop.

Not gonna lie probably not the best idea to get involved even though I like her.

Jaylan said:
I have been there before with a girl with father issues. It kind of brings John Mayer's song "Daughtersinto real perspective.

Ill tell you this OP. If you can man up and truly care for this girl, and see that you guys have a connection, go for it. I mean dude you have the virginity of a chick whos had issues, so you prolly mean a lot to her.

But if you just wanna just smash, or if that was your intention from the get go, just bail and let her find someone who can help her past these issues. If you cannot handle it, I dont blame you, but dont stay just to get some action like some guys would.

Btw how old are yall?

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I have been there before with a girl with father issues. It kind of brings John Mayer's song "Daughters" into real perspective.

Btw how old are yall?
I wouldn't listen to what this guy says at all. He is advising you to get hooked up with a potential nutcase with problems you already can see.

There in no connection with these girls. There is a brief one then they chew you up and spit you out with their problems and all the drama they heap on you.

It's not worth it OP. You can fix or save her so don't bother. If you hook up with her it could be worse.

Look for a normal girl who you won't have to be a daddy to. its not worth it to have to go through it or even get hooked up with her.

This guy should know better than that if he was with one before.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^yeah me telling this guy to try it if he cares for the girl, and to bail if he doesnt.....yeah thats bad advice....jeez dude.....did you stop to think he might actually care about her and sometimes its hard to just bail on someone.

I think if he can handle it he should give it a shot.

Hell some guys on this site have their own issues too, and sure this girls issues may be worse than others, but everyone has their insecurities and fears. Doesnt mean she should have the chance to have someone make her happy and make them happy too

Pssssh and even though my ex did end(not that well either), I dont regret that part of my life at all. One of the most passionate loving relationships ive ever had.

Still curious about your age OP, cus it might help in assessing this situation more.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get the responses to this thread.

I know there's a general red flag for girls with daddy issues, etc. But in this case she hasn't acted like a crazy woman at all. Actually she's been pretty honest with the OP and hasn't played any games. He's the one who is acting needy, always trying to clarify the status of their relationship.

What has this girl done wrong exactly? She's just not that into him. It's not a crime.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
I like relationships, I've done one night stands, casual sex and I don't like it, I like connections with girls I've known for a while. I know there are a lot of issues with her but I wouldn't might helping her out. My father died when I was young and I know not having one sucks. She really doesn't have many friends or anyone to talk to and I enjoy her company.

I like her, but I don't know what her deal is. One hand I think she's just trying to find a way to block whoever is getting close to her from coming into her life.

In the other hand perhaps she's just not that into me, and honestly doesn't want a relationship with me. Girls usually don't carry on this kinda stuff if they don't like a guy unless it's casual/hookups so that kinda throws me for a loop.

Not gonna lie probably not the best idea to get involved even though I like her.
Dude her dad used to hit her, so yes its hard for her to let males into her life. Really listen to the lyrics to that Daughters song by John Mayer. See what I mean.

Im sure she likes you and just put on the brakes cus shes scared to get hurt. But YOMAMA might be right, you could be moving fast and making her not that into it. Ease up some and dont rush to put a label on you two.

If you wanna invest the time and think shes someone you could have a relationship with, go for it.

If you think itd be too much trouble, then bail.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These comments below I have the biggest issue with:

itishe said:
Hey everyone,
Been seeing this girl for roughly 3 months. Things started out well until about 2-3 weeks ago and I asked her if we were going out or what the deal was.
After the second month warmed her up to the idea of sex and she lost her virginity.

After I asked if we were going out I noticed she was a bit more prudish. She wouldn’t take off her pants, but she’d give me hand jobs, etc. but no sex.
Ok, man. I know you're not into one night stands and casual sex or whatever you say.....but you're a grown, adult man. Regardless of her upbringing or her past history, issues like this after dating for only THREE MONTHS are unacceptable.

It took you 2 months to get her warmed up to the idea of sex, and then she stopped having sex with you anyway. This is not normal. It's not healthy for her to act that way, and it's not healthy for you to find reasons to keep her around.

So this week I kinda want to figure out what’s going on. I told her I’m thinking about a school closer to home so we can hang out but I wasn’t sure if we’re dating or if I should even consider that into my school selection.
You were going to alter your selection of schools based on your relationship status with this girl???

Am I the only person absolutely freaked out by this?

Forget the girl and her problems. You need to work on yourself. I'm being brutally honest with you because I think you're missing the bigger picture here.

You're a man who is having sporadic sex with a "girlfriend" of three months, and you're considering the location of your school based on the relationship with this girl. And you're more worried about relationship status than she is.

That reeks of terribly low confidence. I can smell it from here. Anyone else with any shred of self worth would have said, "Well (girl), it's been a nice ride, but I think we're not right for each other." But you're marching through all this stuff as if she's the only girl you'll ever have a connection with.

I'm sure she's a nice girl, but if she needs help with her abusive past, it's not going to come from a dude (you) who's been dating her for 3 months. That's not your place in her world.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
^yeah me telling this guy to try it if he cares for the girl, and to bail if he doesnt.....yeah thats bad advice....jeez dude.....did you stop to think he might actually care about her and sometimes its hard to just bail on someone.

I think if he can handle it he should give it a shot.

Hell some guys on this site have their own issues too, and sure this girls issues may be worse than others, but everyone has their insecurities and fears. Doesnt mean she should have the chance to have someone make her happy and make them happy too

Pssssh and even though my ex did end(not that well either), I dont regret that part of my life at all. One of the most passionate loving relationships ive ever had.

Still curious about your age OP, cus it might help in assessing this situation more.

Just because he likes her doesn't mean she likes him the same.

He is already aware of her problems. She has made them already known.

Girls like that are never happy with anyone. They cant be happy. They hate themselves. Then they hate you for trying to make them happy. The more you try to make them happy the more they push away. That is what she is doing now. Will just get worse as time goes by.

You cant fix them.

Dealing with them is not worth it

A lot of guys cant handle them unless they have serious issues too.

So what? Look how it ended for you....not good. Not worth it to go through all that drama for a little passion....least you have the memories.

You can get the same with a normal girl with no baggage and mental issues.

Even the OP doesnt want to get involved now.

Don't hand out bad advice to others getting them invloved with more than they can handle with broken girls.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These arn't my smoothest moments, but I believe it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I told her I was considering two state schools, one is closer but I don't know if I should be factoring her in because I don't know if we're going out or what.

I guess I put up with the fact it took a while for sex because I knew she was a virgin and I've dated one before, and it took a while. After the sex quit I guess I was slow to ask what the deal was.

Like I said, didn't handle it all that well but live and learn.

Iceberg said:
These comments below I have the biggest issue with:

Ok, man. I know you're not into one night stands and casual sex or whatever you say.....but you're a grown, adult man. Regardless of her upbringing or her past history, issues like this after dating for only THREE MONTHS are unacceptable.

It took you 2 months to get her warmed up to the idea of sex, and then she stopped having sex with you anyway. This is not normal. It's not healthy for her to act that way, and it's not healthy for you to find reasons to keep her around.

You were going to alter your selection of schools based on your relationship status with this girl???

Am I the only person absolutely freaked out by this?

Forget the girl and her problems. You need to work on yourself. I'm being brutally honest with you because I think you're missing the bigger picture here.

You're a man who is having sporadic sex with a "girlfriend" of three months, and you're considering the location of your school based on the relationship with this girl. And you're more worried about relationship status than she is.

That reeks of terribly low confidence. I can smell it from here. Anyone else with any shred of self worth would have said, "Well (girl), it's been a nice ride, but I think we're not right for each other." But you're marching through all this stuff as if she's the only girl you'll ever have a connection with.

I'm sure she's a nice girl, but if she needs help with her abusive past, it's not going to come from a dude (you) who's been dating her for 3 months. That's not your place in her world.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Ace_Magnamus said:
There in no connection with these girls. There is a brief one then they chew you up and spit you out with their problems and all the drama they heap on you.
This is true - and it's heartbreaking because you will feel you can save them and you will want what you can't have. Often they come on unusually strong early on so you can really fall for them too.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
These arn't my smoothest moments, but I believe it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I told her I was considering two state schools, one is closer but I don't know if I should be factoring her in because I don't know if we're going out or what.

I guess I put up with the fact it took a while for sex because I knew she was a virgin and I've dated one before, and it took a while. After the sex quit I guess I was slow to ask what the deal was.

Like I said, didn't handle it all that well but live and learn.
Live and learn is right. Good attitude.

But do yourself a favor, if you're dating some girl for 3 months, never....never...ever....consider making a school decision based on that relationship. It's 3 months of dating. She's not your "soul mate". At least not at 3 months.

To me, it sounds like you put up with the lack of sex because you're afraid to lose this girl. And frankly, there's not much to lose.

The streets are filled with girls who aren't having sex with you. There's no need to start a relationship with this one.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg, I'll admit I'm putting too much effort in/caring too much about a potential ticking time bomb. I guess it's probably the helping her aspect that is drawing my attention. I just felt really bad for her when she told me that personal stuff and I guess the smartest thing is to not involve myself with drama that's not mine.

Might be a Minnesota Nice thing.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
Iceberg, I'll admit I'm putting too much effort in/caring too much about a potential ticking time bomb. I guess it's probably the helping her aspect that is drawing my attention. I just felt really bad for her when she told me that personal stuff and I guess the smartest thing is to not involve myself with drama that's not mine.

Might be a Minnesota Nice thing.
Yes you are. Dont waste your time on a girl who wont treat you equally the same.

Anybody would feel bad who tells you they were abused. How would you not?

She wants you to feel bad and pity her

That is the hold she gets on you......playing the victim......making you feel sorry for her.......having you try to save her

she doesn't want you to save her......she will hate you for it.

these girls are screwed up man

don't be a "white knight" and try to save or fix a broken girl who can't be fixed.

she will just tear you down in the end.

you are smart not to involve her drama.....she will heap that on you each day.

what can you do to help her? you can't

Don't listen to what that other guy says because you will be in for more than you expect and she will hurt you worse than she is hurting with her own problems.

Be with a normal chick who won't screw with your mind.

Even you know this isnt a good idea.....Quit while you can get out of it.

jax871

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few issues here.

First of all, if you want to stay with her, then stay with her. You cant ask people on this board for a value judgement.... this has to come from you. Question is, does it bother YOU.

Also, notice that she started acting prudish when YOU asked her if you where going out. Never never never never never ask a girl this, this is the girls responsibility. Its the only way to truely know shes interested, this is the only step in a relationship that is the womans responsibility. You then proceeded to talk to it to her more about it which only pushed her further away. The trick to keeping a woman is to making her feel that you are willing to walk away ANY SECOND, they never want to have you completely as then they feel they have caught you and the passion dies. You need to lay off a bit man.

In terms of her being emotionally ruined because her father hit her... thats bullsh!t. Theres many other factors to consider and such things cant be generalised.