Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl who friend zoned me invites me to her b'day night out.

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right this girl friend zoned me and the advice on here was to ignore her for 3 weeks then call her up asking for dating advice. Anyway, I couldn't wait 3 weeks and invited her on a night out with my mates after about 5 days :/, coz I don't have any patience. She couldn't come but said she is having a fancy dress party this saturday night and then going to town. She had already invited me before on FB but i rejected. Shall I go or not? And if so what should I do? Can't really hit on her coz she'll be getting lots of b'day attention. Shall I hit on her mates? I have no idea. Need to know soon though. Most of all I need to decide whether I am going and if I should by fancy dress.

The theme is things beginning with the first letter of your name, so in my case D. ;) any input on that would be good too.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is exactly what the friends zone is! The girl didn't reject you outright. Instead she keeps you handy for when she needs you. Notice she refuses to follow up on your plans, yet invites you to her event. That puts all the power in her hands. Then you show up to her bday party, looking like a chump and adding to the insane amount of attention she has directed on her. At the end of the night you leave frustrated because you didn't get her, yet a flicker of hope still lingers on because she smiled at you in a weird way/grabbed you/etc... Go down that path and stay stuck in the friend zone for a while.

So what should you do to mess up her plans? I love your idea of hooking up with one of her friends! That force her to change her image of you and, in the long run, it could lead to her feeling attracted to you. But the bottom line is you go there, have fun with as many of her girlfriends as you can while showing only marginal interest to the main chick. See what happens, but it should be fun!

Also, 5 days of no contact and you crack? Girls see impatience as insecurity/neediness. You need to seriously work on improving that because it is one of the most important aspects of the game.

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
This is exactly what the friends zone is! The girl didn't reject you outright. Instead she keeps you handy for when she needs you. Notice she refuses to follow up on your plans, yet invites you to her event. That puts all the power in her hands. Then you show up to her bday party, looking like a chump and adding to the insane amount of attention she has directed on her. At the end of the night you leave frustrated because you didn't get her, yet a flicker of hope still lingers on because she smiled at you in a weird way/grabbed you/etc... Go down that path and stay stuck in the friend zone for a while.

So what should you do to mess up her plans? I love your idea of hooking up with one of her friends! That force her to change her image of you and, in the long run, it could lead to her feeling attracted to you. But the bottom line is you go there, have fun with as many of her girlfriends as you can while showing only marginal interest to the main chick. See what happens, but it should be fun!

Also, 5 days of no contact and you crack? Girls see impatience as insecurity/neediness. You need to seriously work on improving that because it is one of the most important aspects of the game.
So you think I should go then?
I'll try and hit on her mates but it's not like I'm any good.
And yes it probably is insecurity, I'm trying to sort it out though :D.
Shall i fancy dress or not? i hate it.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, go and have fun. As long as you're not tripping balls over her and can accept her as one of your mates, you can have a good time. Go out and hit on her female friends.

However, if its the other way around or you start feeling that way during the party, bail.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Mr. England said:
I'll try and hit on her mates but it's not like I'm any good.
Wow,you've just beaming with confidence,aren't ya?

What I'd like to know is,who told you to go no contact as a means of getting out of the friendzone?

The friendzone can't be reversed with no contact...unless the no contact is 9 months to a year,and perhaps even longer.

The friendzone is a one-way street to a dead end,there's isn't a way out.

If you want to hit on the other girls at this party,that's cool and all,but have you learned anything from your interaction with this girl?

Do you know what you did (or didn't do) that caused you to get friendzoned?

Because if not,you'll just unknowingly make the same mistake with this girl's friends when you try to hit on them.

How long have you known this girl anyway? And did she flat out tell you she just wanted to be friends?

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
Yeah, go and have fun. As long as you're not tripping balls over her and can accept her as one of your mates, you can have a good time. Go out and hit on her female friends.

However, if its the other way around or you start feeling that way during the party, bail.
I do really like her so it might end up that way, thats why im so unsure about going. Aslo, the fancy dress thing im unsure about, if i go in fancy dress like most people going then it might look like i made too much effort for her, and if i don't i might look lame. any ideas?

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
Wow,you've just beaming with confidence,aren't ya?

What I'd like to know is,who told you to go no contact as a means of getting out of the friendzone?

The friendzone can't be reversed with no contact...unless the no contact is 9 months to a year,and perhaps even longer.

The friendzone is a one-way street to a dead end,there's isn't a way out.

If you want to hit on the other girls at this party,that's cool and all,but have you learned anything from your interaction with this girl?

Do you know what you did (or didn't do) that caused you to get friendzoned?

Because if not,you'll just unknowingly make the same mistake with this girl's friends when you try to hit on them.

How long have you known this girl anyway? And did she flat out tell you she just wanted to be friends?
Basically I made a lot of mistakes. And no im not beaming with confidence. The thread is a couple of pages back called "friend zone to more?" its got a :) next to it. that explains the whole situation. I probably will ending up making the same mistakes but practice makes perfect i guess. sitting at home isn't gonna do much for me haha.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If everyone is going to be in fancy dress for her, no one else will notice you are dressed up as well. However, if you don't have fancy clothes, don't spend a dime on them for her, just show up in your normal attire.

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
If everyone is going to be in fancy dress for her, no one else will notice you are dressed up as well. However, if you don't have fancy clothes, don't spend a dime on them for her, just show up in your normal attire.
Thanks for answering that mate. I'm piss poor at the moment coz I'm a student, I binned my doctors costume a while ago so no I don't have on spare.
I'll just wear a nice shirt or something. Should I invite any friends? She said I could, but non of them properly know her, just met her briefly.

Mr. England

Don Juan
Reaction score
alphaace said:
Ever see Van Wilder: The rise of Taj? Show up in just a black bowtie! =)
Hahaha no I haven't but could you imagine someone arriving to your party like that?

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, yeah that would be awkward...funny, but awkward.

Seriously though, just show up in whatever you have and bring a wingman or your best friend and enjoy the free booze.

Frank_Tartaglia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're kinda stuck in the friend zone here. You invite friends to birthday parties all the time, well every year. Her invite doesn't mean she is interested in you as anything more than just a friend.

Maybe you should hit on somebody else at the party. That should be entertaining.

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
come to her b-day, and mack as many girls as you can to make her jealous; dont give her any attentions other then the bday wish and greetings.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A party's a party. Go because YOU want to, or dont go, cuz YOU dont want to. This chicks presence is irrelevant. Unless you happen to know that her freinds are douchebags, or you got something better to do, then dont go, but dont think for one second that its a date. Its a PARTY. There will be women there (hopefully). Talk to all of them.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you NOT take the advice that we gave you previously ?
DO you really expect more sage advice from experienced punters after you contacted her 5 days after she FZ'd you. BY doing so you tacitly told her that you had no other options and no life worth a damn. YOu also you gave her implicit permission to use your azz as she considers convenient.

OK, dumbazz - let's try again one more time. You are being invited to attend this bash to fawn and attend to her needs to be for worshipped. You are being used .

IF I were you I would go along with a PLAN to hit on any woman who really appeals to you , get her number, and then just leave the party ( preferably with the new chic on your arm).

THis is an opportunity if you work it.

You are being invited to a chick fest, see this as a goldmine of pvzzy. And you owe your FZ girl friend absolutely NO loyalty.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why should we give you advice if you are not gonna listen... you said it yourself that people gave u advice and you didnt listen.