"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Girl think she's won because she is good in arguing.!

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
933
Reaction score
1
Damn that b|tch. This girl in the office of mine is so good in arguing that she could called me with thousand and one names and etc. I tried to argue with her but I lost. What do you guys think I can do to improve my arguing skills?

I wanna buy some books which could teach on arguing skills and also make me look good during arguments.! Pls help
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, OH
Yeah, i've been looking to improve my arguing skills as well. I have a few very political friends that I like to argue with. Their points are terrible but their logic and delivery makes them hard to refute. Sorry, don't know what to tell you.
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Stick to the REAL subject of discussion and stay away from personal insults as emotions don't solve fights. Don't care about name calling, that's insignificant. She can call you a pink glue-sniffing elephant but it won't solve subject at hand.
 

MadaMadaDame

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
very easy! , avoid answering stuffs, argue them with questions, they argue with you, you reply with questions , let them answer and answer and answer then at one point she would be taking longer to answer the stuffs you throw then corner it and say what cat got your tongue? then walk away ... breath in!!! FEELS SO GOOD. HAHAHAHA
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
Here is Diplomatic Lies Patented Supreme Debating Technique:

Stop arguing, and start working.


You're at an office, for gods sake. Maybe if you were 15 and at high school, you could argue over stupid things. But unless your argument revolves around strategies to improve company profits to impress shareholders at the next annual meeting, nothing is worth arguing over.

Let her call you names all you like. Mention to your boss/supervisor how you are finding that woman a tad immature. Then sit back and let her get fired.


Winning the argument doesn't mean anything. In fact, if you win an argument, your opponent will be even more desperate to prove you wrong!
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
It's hard to swallow, but sometimes a woman will be a lot smarter than you... You may as well argue the law with a QC.

Are you trying to argue with this girl in the context of work or something more personal?

If it is work related, then the only thing you can do to make up for it is to simply know everything about the point in question. Read every file, understand every aspect of the issue.

If it is more personal, then just have fun with it. Something I've tried, which works especially well with left wing, save the world, hippies is to simply be unreasonable. Just think to yourself "What would a real male chauvanist pig say to her right now?" Stir her up a little bit. The problem here is that you must have already established a good rapport with her. If you are not on matey terms with her, then just stay the hell away. She is smarter than you and you'll get burnt.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
If you're going to argue with a woman, you have to attack and prepare to counterattack because women are very good at arguments. Be precise and logical, when they start getting emotional that is when they are losing.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Let a woman say whatever she wants. It is all insignificant. All you should care about are her actions.

Some how I just don't see a guy like James Bond arguing with a bunch of women at work. Wouldn't that be just a waste of his time? Would that not be petty? While those ugly bitter women at work are arguing he would be out banging some puszy.

There was a time when a man didn't argue with a woman. In fact, a man wouldn't be seen dead even having lunch with bunch of women.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by 00Kevin
Let a woman say whatever she wants. It is all insignificant. All you should care about are her actions.
This is VERY TRUE. Women tend to be so driven by emotion, they seem to say anything that pops into their heads when the endorphins are flowing. However their true feelings are always shown through their actions, almost as if they do these things to lift the burden of hiding it via their words. It's not as if they do any of this purposely, just understand that it's the way that they are. Take what they say with a grain of salt but be forever observant of what they do.
 

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
5,307
Reaction score
343
Age
58
Location
Nevada
Always remember the first law of debate:
"Attack the argument, not the person."

I've been in your situation all too often. Some mouthy b!tch pops off about something or other. What's key is picking up on the holes in her arguments and exploiting them. God, I love debate. It's especially fun when they make statments of opinion with regards to gender issues.

That said, why do you care? If you're not gonna get after it with this girl (and I suggest you don't since you work together), what difference does it make?
 

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
709
Reaction score
2
well SOME things don't change around here... Been away for a year or more, but IDJ is still talking about arguing.. All very good tips here, I don't have anything to add except my above snide remark ;)
 

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
18
Location
SWEDEN
Stay away from arguing with people, it's not worth the hassle.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Golden rule in arguing is always have the last word.


Winning or Lossing. I make a last minute point then when she about to rebuttal. I say "Ah..ah..It over. You can't beat me, so stop trying". Afterwords I walk away or ignore her.

This happen to me today with a women who was trying to debate me on who had the better job. I never gave her a chance to win. I was ****y as hell and ended it on my terms. At the end, She had a smile on her face and as I turned and went back to what I was originally doing.

If she would have said "It not over". I would have just replied "Yes, it is. I am done talking to you". Bam, I won.
 
Top