"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girl thats Sick?

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Is it totally AFC to call up a girl a few days after you've found out she's sick just to ask how she is?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
How sick is she? If she's got a cold or something, then f**k it, don't be calling up. Don't associate yourself with sickness...wait until she gets well and then see if she wants to hang out.

If she got hit by a car and is in the hospital, that's a little different. ;)
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
i skipped class one day, and i had to hand in some important worksheets to a professor, so i asked this HB7 from class to meet me so i could hand my stuff up on time..

she was sick with a cold and cough. now in winter time thats a horrid thing to be with.

so i dont know. i did a really AFC gesture but she just so happened to respond positively to it.

dont laugh

i made her a flask of hot honey

-shrugs- she was touched. kept trying to contact me the few following days to hang out, but i was busy, so i brushed her off :D

well i dont think showing concern for the girl is that bad. dont ask her how she's feeling. show her you care by perhaps doing something.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
i made her a flask of hot honey
lol, thats awesome

So I had called hb8.5 up to get a 2nd date (1st went great), got her vm and left a message, saying that I was calling to see if she wanted to go to this play with me (I know, I shouldn't have asked her out on a message, but she works allot). It wasn't untill the next day that she called me back.

Her "Sorry I didn't call u back yesterday, I'm really sick"
(missed classes, and she sounded terrible.)
Me "man, that sucks"
Her "u at work now?"
:
- talked about probs with her computer
:
Her "yeah, and I didn't really understand your message" (made from a cell)
(So this is where I think I screwed things up, I was at work, my boss and customers were sitting next to me listening, and I couldn't really bring myself to say 'yeah, I was calling to ask you if you wanted to go to the play with me last night', it just didn't come out.
Me "awkward pause... uh, well i hope you're feeling better soon"
Her "ok, ..., ttly, bye"

So now I dont' know what to do, call her up to clarify things? Just ask how she's feeling? Wait a few days? Call her up to ask her out again?
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Call her again and say sorry you had to get off the phone so abruptly. Tell her your boss was comming and he didn't want you on the phone. Then ask her out.

Keep it simple and don't worry about explaining yourself. Say it something like "Hey sorry I had to get off the phone so quick yesterday. My boss was staring at me because he needed the phone. Anyways let's ____ this Tuesday"

Or, a better way to say it "Wow, yesterday was a long day at work. My boss was on my case the whole day about stuff getting done and then when I was on the phone with you he came in and was just staring at me." Then work in asking her to do something.

The second way is more of an explanation, but it offers the chance for her to ask you about your workday instead of you just stating that your boss had interrupted your phone call to her.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Yes it is totally AFC to call up a girl to see how she is feeling if that is the only purpose of your call. Would you call up your buddy if he had a cold to see how he was feeling?

Just call her up in a few days to set up a date. If you are calling to set up a date then its perfectly fine to ask how she is feeling at the same time.
 
Top