girl is trying to "break" me

usscrum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so those of you who read my other thread know i'm talking to a girl i met last saturday and hung out with this past weekend.

long story short:
-she invited me to a movie, we paid for our own tickets. made out in her car afterwards
- the next day she invited me to a baseball game, i paid for her ticket
-we live an hour away but i'm gonna be around there next sat. and we talked about goin on another date. she's paying this time.

anyways i can tell her IL is high, she is planning the date and won't let me in on it, said it was going to be 'different'. when she calls/texts or messages me on facebook, its hard to end the convo cause she wont stop talking to me and shes always trying to keep the convo going.

i tease her a lot, ever since i met her. i've gotten the "you're an *******" and "you're ****y" too many times to count so i know i'm in good :up:

one thing i'm wondering about though is that she seems to bring up the fact that i tease her quite often. for instance last night, we were talking and she said:
her: you're such an ass!
me: bla bla
her: might i ask why? and don't say its a turn-on, bc its not lol
me: its amusing
she said something about me having big ears or something
me: see how amusing that was?

and a couple of her friends i've talked to have said "you should be nice to her, shes so cool etc. etc." so I know she tells them that I like to tease her a lot. we have had some pretty serious conversations before, so its not like im just making fun of her all the time.

here's my question: is this a sign that i'm going too overboard on C/F? or am i doing well? i dont think i've given her a compliment yet, the way i see it if im willing to go on a date with her and ive kissed her after both dates its obvious that i'm interested.

is she constantly bringing up the "being mean" thing because it legitimately bothers her or am i playing the game right? i feel like this is either a legitimate complaint on her part or we're at the stage where she's trying to test me to see if i give in to her complaints.

Reaction score
It's kinda hard to tell because i don't really know the whole story, but from what you've wrote here you seem to be doing fine.

If by any chance you go overboard with C & F just play it cool don't lose it and go "OMG i'm so sorry please forgive me".

RFish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes if she says your an ass then your fine :D

That showed confidence and she is attracted by it! Look she is planning the date why would she put the time and effort into it if she is not attracted by you.

Best of luck.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Without knowing too much detail, I think you're playing your cards right. The most detrimental thing you can do is become too soft and succumb to everything she says.

As long as you're having those serious conversations in which you convey to her that you care about her and that she means a lot to you.

The best balance I've found is conveying your love through your actions, not through your words. In other words, when you take her out, spend time with her, and buy her cheesy romantic stuff, your actions indicate how you feel. Verbally, when you tease her, it shows her that you're edgy, confident, and feel alpha about yourself.

As far as ****y funny goes, follow the golden rule "as long as she's laughing, you're doing fine", if it's visibly harming her, I might lighten it up a bit. Remember, just tease her playfully about her insecurities, don't antagonize, but tease. Always done playfully and you'll never have a problem with it.

-Kevin