"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Girl I want in Spanish Class

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
There's a girl I want. This week, I have to get her phone number, because next week is vacation. Need I say more?

The situation is, she's in my spanish class, which is relatively small, less than fifteen kids. She always sits in the same place, at least one seat away from me, which means that it's something of a challenge to really get a conversation going with her. We hardly ever leave our seats or really branch out at all in our class, but in spite of that she is aware that I exist, she does look at me, she does laugh or grin at my jokes, etcetera etcetera. I don't know this girl, but I am acquainted with her. I never see her outside the class, except, rarely in the mornings, I think only twice. I have a general idea of where her locker is, because both times I've seen her she's been in the same general area, but I could be wrong, because as I said I've only seen her twice. Before I started taking the spanish class I never knew she existed, I had never seen her before. That's saying something, since I go to a school with about 600 kids.

So it sounds like I'm stuck where I am, doesn't it?

This situation will be changing on wednesday, when her friends, both of which sit on either side of her (class is set up in a one-row horseshoe) will be heading off on a class trip to Spain. The flanks of her citadel will be open, if she stays where she is, she'll be alone. My goal is for her to sit next to me, so I can eventually get her number and do something with her over vacation.

I have several plans of action, any advice on these, or ideas, are appreciated. So far, I can either leave where I sit, and sit next to her, or ask her to sit next to me. I could wait around tomorrow morning and figure out where the hell her locker is, and go talk to her there. What do you think?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
Talk to her in class when her friends are gone. Be hella casual and just work on breaking down her shields so that she'll feel relaxed and comfortable while with you. No sweat!
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Okay man, thanks, but wouldn't it be easier if she were sitting next to me, instead of one seat away? Not just to talk to her, but to get her number, as well.
 

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
WA State
If you want to sit next to her, sit next to her. What's the big deal? She's obviously feeling your game, so there's nothing to worry about.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Update--

Disclaimer: yes, I'm analytical. And, forgive the upper case letters, just got back from a rehearsal, had some coffee, and listened to Frank Zappa, so I'm a bit excited...

Two things of interest she did today, both I'm not sure exactly how to interpret. Like I said, she's in my spanish class, so like good little students, we were all practicing spanish, the imperfect subjunctive tense, specifically. We were supposed to ask, essentially, what if questions, and put them in a hat, then they're scattered around and people repeat the question, then answer it. I asked, if you had dogs, how would you eat them? Which didn't go over too well with the girl I gave it to, she asked whose it was, I said it was me, someone else said "Oh, Santiago (my spanish name, you see)" and then, THEN, this girl I want, she turned to the other person and corrected them with my name, gave it to them in full, something I'm kind of a stickler about--my full spanish name is Santiago de Chile Verde. And that's what she said...she REMEMBERED. I think this is good, but the next thing I'm not so sure about.

Here's the deal, again. The girl I want, M, sits next to another girl, her friend, who I'm pretty sure is interested in me, A. For various reasons I'm not into A. We were still passing around the questions, ten or fifteen minutes later, when I was asked, if I could marry a celebrity, who would it be, and I answered jokingly "Tom Arnold" because I thought it was a stupid question to begin with, and plus, because you know no one wants to marry Tom Arnold. It was clear that it was a joke--the class laughed, they're a good audience, as did I. Anyway, back to M and A, after I make this comment, A starts reading something aloud, in that monotone voice someone speaks when they're reading something they can't quite see very well, like it's at a bad angle. I heard her, looked at her, and saw M writing her a note, which A was reading. She said "he's so funny because he's honest." I'm pretty sure they kept writing back and forth after that, but I'm not positive, and A didn't read anything else aloud.

And, for the rest of the day I thought about this, tried to comprehend it. Not sure that I really do. The plan is still on, I'm going to sit next to her, chat her up, get her number, etcetera, but I'd just like to know what some other people think. Come on, if you were in my situation, you'd think to yourself, great googley moogley! What does it all mean?
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
You fared decently but you need to be bolder and talk to her. At the moment, it seems like her friend is a lot more interested than she is.
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Salacious D
Update--

Come on, if you were in my situation, you'd think to yourself, great googley moogley! What does it all mean?
Nah, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't spend hours analyzing every fcuking comment this girl made during Spanish class. The information in your post is almost completely irrelevant. So she remembered your name? Great, instead of creaming your pants, use that as a reason to talk to her.
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
This girl is the same as any other chick, you just have to be confident and just talk to her...

Honestly tho, you need to work on your confidence big time and if you really think this girl is so great then what i suggest is that you dont talk to her at all, at least not now. When i first became I dj i was smart and since there are only a certain number of hot girls in school (and i couldnt drive yet to meet many others) i decided i would start at around the 7's and wait till i was confident and a decent DJ before i tried to pick up on the hot ones. I had already ruined my chances with a few of the hottest girls when i was a stupid afc and i decided that untill i was good i would stay away from them.

And it worked perfectly i ended up dating a hb 7 for about 2 months and completely upped my confidence (from knowing how to get girls and by bodybuilding) and now I am getting very high interest levels from the hb8+ and now im hooking up with them.

GL!

BTW: You will know when your ready for this girl and other hotties when you finally reach the level of not worrying about whether or not you should sit next to her or what she says about you because you will know you are confident enough to get her number whenever you want. (no i dont mean use that as an excuse for you not to talk to her, i mean when you actually KNOW you can).
 
Top