"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girl I am seeing is away with fam, asks me what I am doing this weekend

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
53
Reaction score
27
Age
46
Seeing this girl, 32, for a few months and she went away to celebrate her sister's birthday with the fam. She's been texting me as she's been away and she just texted What are you doing this weekend?

What's the best way to respond w/o looking like a d!ck or lame? I have plans tonight and tomorrow, but I am not crazy about the question. Should I just respond with I have some options. Haven't decided yet.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
Seeing this girl, 32, for a few months and she went away to celebrate her sister's birthday with the fam. She's been texting me as she's been away and she just texted What are you doing this weekend?

What's the best way to respond w/o looking like a d!ck or lame? I have plans tonight and tomorrow, but I am not crazy about the question. Should I just respond with I have some options. Haven't decided yet.
When Women ask this, essentially they are asking "Are you possibly going to be around other Women this weekend?" For example... If you tell her "Im going to a Party with a friend this weekend" she will interpret that as...."Hm... He's going to be around women at that party,... Is he meeting up with another chick? hm.... Is he going to hookup with anyone?...hm.... I wonder what'll do is he meets someone" all this sh!t goes through a Woman's mind. She wont tell you that straight out because then she feels she will come off as desperate, needy and jealous.

If I were you, Just tell her the truth. I'm doing XYZ this weekend. Sadly and petty enough is that sometimes Women ask YOU what you're doing so that if you do say your going to a party or anything that signals a possibility if you meeting another girl, she will launch a pre emptive strike by hooking up with a guy assuming your doing dirt. Again, Women's minds go wild with all kinds of sh!t. It's total chaos with their minds and thoughts, This is why being upfront and straightforward with everything puts the guessing game playing to rest.
 

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
817
Reaction score
575
Age
51
Me personally, I'd play it off like "I haven't decided but I do know what I would be doing if you were around ;)" and that will usually change the topic to 'oh yeah, what would you be doing if I were there' etc.

Why let an interested woman suspect you've got another woman (if you do) -unless she's cool with being in a non-monogamous relationship.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Seeing this girl, 32, for a few months and she went away to celebrate her sister's birthday with the fam. She's been texting me as she's been away and she just texted What are you doing this weekend?

What's the best way to respond w/o looking like a d!ck or lame? I have plans tonight and tomorrow, but I am not crazy about the question. Should I just respond with I have some options. Haven't decided yet.
One word answer or none.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top