Girl had her last day at work today. What's the play?

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been out of the dating game a while (I was engaged late last year and just focused on myself and work until recently)..

I think some of you already know. I met a few girls where I work but only managed to get one number because the other girls I either wasn't interested enough or didn't get a chance (since it's at work). One of the girls who I've been talking to and having breaks and lunch with had her last day today. It's a very short job (she only worked a few days). She is 22 and I'm 28 btw.

Usually I'd go to her desk and we'd talk and have a laugh. She laughs at almost everything I say (which is good) - I've touched her a few times, hand on shoulders (held her in the rain today so she couldn't run off :p ) touched her head (said I loved her brain cause of how smart she is), she touched my hand cause I told her how cold my hand was - etc etc. Ate lunch together, talked lots. She has lots in common with me which is why she interested me the most out of the girls I spoke to. She likes playstation (games), Al Pacino,
good movies, dogs (I'm a dog lover - usually if they don't like dogs it's a deal breaker unless I just want a screw) etc etc. She's a great girl for her age.

So basically there's been lots of laughs and teasing (she likes to ask me questions, she's curious and I feel like she looks at me in a role model way - like today when we were out in the rain and waiting for trains she asks "Do you think the lightning would damage our ears if we were up there?" it was cute she asked me that lol.)

Yesterday, I slid my phone on the table during lunch and told her to put her number in. She did. At first I thought it was fake cause she said she's lost so many phones that she had to look for it. She told me she has whatsapp (texting app) so later I checked and there you have it, she was registered on whatsapp.

Anyway, she actually came to my desk for once at the end of work today and waited for me to finish up so we could walk together to the train station, in the rain. I was taking my time on purpose because I wanted to see if she would just leave or wait. I dunno, maybe she was scared of the lightning and wanted company? We took our time walking to the train station and ran through the city in the rain (thunder storm), giggling and laughing, splashing into puddles etc. Almost felt like something out of a movie! So my train was about to come and I tapped her shoulder and said "This isn't goodbye, it's see you later. I have your number, we'll catch up." And I quickly took off down stairs and hopped on my train. She kinda looked a little sad and speechless. I don't even think she could get a word out her mouth properly.

I have some questions if you guys could answer in order, I would really appreciate it.

1. Today I mentioned Jurassic Park is coming out in the cinema for a 3D release next month and that she should go with me (not in a real forceful way, more like a quick thought so it didn't sound like I was asking her on a date right there.) - Not sure what she mumbled or said but I only caught "I have no money though." I said "I'll pay but then you'll owe me. I'll let you off just once." and we laughed and changed the topic. - I didn't get a no or yes, what does this mean? Perhaps I shouldn't of mentioned it.

2. We were talking about phones at one stage and how she doesn't have much credit because she hardly uses it for calls and that she doesn't like talking on the phone much. I guess it's 2013 and everyone likes to text? She has whatsapp. Should I use this instead when I contact her in a couple/or more days? Should I just send her a text today saying "Hey, it's <me>. Now you have my number :)" and leave it as that?

3. One of the important questions here: Did we already have our date/s? I mean, we went on lunch breaks, got to know each other, flirted (well I did most of that and she seemed to enjoy it. She's a little shy and conservative) and all the same stuff you do on real dates.

- Sorry for the long post. I know it seems I'm a little over the top with one girl but I did really enjoy her company and liked her. It would suck to not catch up again. I don't want to fuk it up since I'm a little rusty on the dating. PLUS she looks like Dakota Fanning. Can you blame me for wanting to let this one slip away!? :p

I'll be talking to more girls tomorrow at work break, don't worry. There's a couple others who are very interested in me. I just need to get their numbers now. I wish I had the time to talk to every girl because I was juggling quite a few on lunch breaks. At one break I was sitting with 1 girl and ended up with 3 talking to me at one table! One of them couldn't stop staring at me and asking questions! In the end I decided to stick with this girl since she was the most interesting. Need to keep the plate full, right? :)

Thanks guys! (Go easy on me, I know I talk a lot of crap but I like to get my point across!)

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
You are way to invested in this girl and yet no physical acts have happened yet.....? She likes you, I would have gone in for a kiss, on the cheek at least, while you were in the rain. That would've been "movie" like however life ain't a movie ;).

Just ask her to hang out. Simple answer. Don't be blinded by her beauty either. Remember, genetics are just favorable for some and not others. She is just another girl out in the world looking for the same thing you are, and then some.

So game plan:

Wait a day or two, radio silence here. Hit her up on Whatsup, don't call this is 2013 every girl texts, sh1t even my mom texts now. Then hop into a small conversation and lead it towards a date. Take her out, anywhere you'd like. Keep it simple. Its winter where I am but if its nice out where you are hitting her up to go to a park, walk, anything man! Actually we get nice skies out here so I plan to take a couple girls star gazing and what not when its summer here... can't come up with a better free date than that, instant lay. Action dates, like mini golf, are always good. Don't do dinner or lunch, do that after if you two are hungry that is. And just let it flow from there.

You'll get your definite answer once you make a move. Once you make it move that had a 90% validity as to her feelings for you. Actions not words. I say 90% because there's always that 10%er girl out there who is old fashioned, rare, but hey they are out there despite what this site says.

Good luck.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it was good that you waited until she left (Avoiding HR disaster). I agree with above. Contact her in a few days and just ask her out. That way you will be able to gauge her interest.