Girl gives number, doesn't return text

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talked to an Hb8 on the train today, she was sitting with 4 of her friends (9,8,7,5) so I isolated her, she was all laughing and playing with her hair, lots of dhv by my side but no kino. Got up at my stop and gave her my phone to put her number in, she wrote it down, I texted her once right away "HI, guess who"
She hasn't replied yet and her Last Seen on whatsapp (I texted her using sms) is very recent so she must've seen it.

This is frustrating. Finally a hot girl who gives me tons of iois and I play it cool by not getting needy or over excited and yet this **** happens.

Last edited:

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can send a better initial text than that. Something like:

"Hey Jack, I met this girl today on the train, she was kinda cute but had a weird laugh(or whatever you feel like). I'm thinking about asking her out some time, do you think I should pursue it?"

Basically anything that's vaguely eye catching and original. If she doesn't reply to that, she's not interested. Btw the fact that you posted this on here makes you needy.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's definitely not the text contents. She was the one who say next to me, I asked her if she can help me study by asking me questions from my notebook and checking if I answer correctly . This rolled into a nice conversation, I talked to her for about 20 minutes. I was also wearing army uniform and she's a bit younger so it must've been a Dhv.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she may be trying to play it cool but if not, it's probably something to do with her friends. It could be so many factors, after you left her friends could have said something, she may be seeing someone else and just not fancy anything right now. She may have just enjoyed the conversation for what it was and doesn't want it to go any further but felt awkward about not giving you her number. Who knows, it's all conjecture. Move on and if she texts you back count it as a bonus.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I should what's app her in a day or two? It's possible her phone doesn't receive texts (not likely, but still a possibility).

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
Talked to an Hb8 on the train today, she was sitting with 4 of her friends (9,8,7,5) so I isolated her, she was all laughing and playing with her hair, lots of dhv by my side but no kino. Got up at my stop and gave her my phone to put her number in, she wrote it down, I texted her once right away "HI, guess who"
She hasn't replied yet and her Last Seen on whatsapp (I texted her using sms) is very recent so she must've seen it.

This is frustrating. Finally a hot girl who gives me tons of iois and I play it cool by not getting needy or over excited and yet this **** happens.
Mr Wright said:
You can send a better initial text than that......

Basically anything that's vaguely eye catching and original. If she doesn't reply to that, she's not interested. Btw the fact that you posted this on here makes you needy.
Your opener was a little weak

And I agree with Mr Wright, your posting on here does mean you coming across as needy - but it's just to us, so that's better than coming across needy to her

You are investing too quickly in what was in reality a very small interaction

Cool it - go and pursue more women, you seem to set your sights on a girl and then get frustrated when you hear nothing rather than going for multiples......

Also, take the advice of the guys from the NC thread, make sure you sort yourself out before trying to find your next "relationship"
If your head isn't in the right place you will throw your game right off

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but man, picking up girls can't be THIS hard, I mean I'm a good looking guy with nice conversation skills, it seems so much harder than it was when I was 16.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, It is hard, boring, and many times frustrating. See my previous thread...

Anyway, you texted her and she ignored you, what does that mean...? any guess...? SHE'S NOT INTERESTED. Maybe her phone doesn't receive texts...ARE YOU FUC-KING KIDDING ME?

Do not whatsapp her, do not contact her. Really, save your time.

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
Maybe I should what's app her in a day or two?
You posted this whilst I was writing my response

You will absolutely NOT whatsapp her!!!
You wont make any contact whatsoever

CerwinVegaFan said:
It's possible her phone doesn't receive texts (not likely, but still a possibility).
Lol - are you serious?
Over analysing, you've jumped in with both feet!!
You need to walk away from this, and look back with an outsiders perspective

If you are thinking sh1t like this, and telling us, you could be projecting this stuff through your body language

There's a million and one reasons why she hasn't contacted you/contacted you yet

You gonna sit around and try and figure out which one it was, when you should be going back out there and try and get more numbers?

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I have deleted her number.
Thank you for the tough love, brothers. If anyone would like to add something, you're welcome to do so.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
There are only about 2 valid IOI's.

1. Sex
2. She says yes and her actions back it up.

AFAIC everything else is fluff. I applaud you for deleting her number, but in reality, she nexted you first. She wasn't interested in you anyway. And this post shows that you care too much. It was already a lost course.

Case closed.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree you msg was too weak, and generic, i'm not that all on texts, but jsut think if you get a msg like that from a person you meet you would ignore, also come to my mind maybe she don't even have your phone number so that makes kinda useless text.

want make yourself diferent from all the otehr guys who are also after her? CALL HER, and ask to meet in a place the venue to it will depend on what you want, scale faster or just make a little let's see what it goes and use the study and check answers you did.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I agree I could have played the text game a bit better, and could've been less "joyful" and enthusiastic during the conversation. I think I should start recording myself as well, LOL!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't put much thought into it, man. Remember, if she gave you her number in just a few minutes, she gave other dudes her number just as easily and probably has digits of 120 stray dıcks in her phone and doesn't know who is who.

asa_don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
numbers don't mean anything

the only real ioi is when she is fvcking you, remember that.