"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girl from bumble like a ton of my IG pictures...

ikonik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
49
Reaction score
5
This girl I dm’d who I found on bumble just like s ten of my pictures on IG. She does have over 24K followers so I’m guessing she just wants me to follow her, but is it possible she’s interested? She hasn’t responded to my dm yet or followed me.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Why are you even wondering if she's interested if she hasn't responded to your DM?

She's likely only on Bumble to harvest IG followers, and might even be a bot programmed to do just that.

It's simple, you msg a girl, ask her out, and anything other than a yes response from her means she isn't interested and you need to move on. Any other signs, words, likes, follows, whatever, is just noise.
 
Top