Girl from AFC days wants me to come over.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok fellas, there was this girl i went on 2 or 3 dates with back in the day when I was a chief AFC. She never really returned any of my calls and basically showed signs of low IL. Well, now that i have adopted alot of DJ characteristics (all thanks to you fellas), she has displayed many signs of interest. She recently bought a CD burner and I offered to install it for her if she could'nt do it. (I really didnt expect her to take me up on it).

Well just the other day we spoke on the phone and she asked me if I could still help, to which I responded with a "Yes, its no biggy, its not rocket science". So sometime this week I am going to head over to her crib to do this install and the way I view it is that I am gettin another chance to lay the MACK down on this girl.

Can you guys give me some ideas of what to do and how to approach this so I leave her wanting more?
thank!

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing I can think of for you to do is to present her with a bill for services rendered. Why in the blue he** would you agree to help some girl who has no other thing on her mind than installing this CD burner?

Do you think that she's going to just open her heart and legs because you do this favor for her?

Perhaps, when you get there, you'll have some time to showcase your newfound skills. It still won't get you anywhere, as she just wants this thing installed.

Why would you do this? Can you not see this?

My advice - since she never really returned your calls, never really return hers.

Oh, yeah! Quit stealing Big Pappy's catch phrases. Lay the Mack down is mine! :)

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Pappy

Perhaps, when you get there, you'll have some time to showcase your newfound skills. It still won't get you anywhere, as she just wants this thing installed.

Please read and memorize this advice above. The nexted stay nexted.

You had your chance and blew it. Have fun stepping into your own grave, but remember we warned you.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't hang around. Have somewhere to go. Be sure to go to that other engagement no matter what happens.

Ok, if she grabs you, slams you on the bed and jumps on top of you, you really don't have a choice, do you? But anything short of that, though..

So if things are going well at the installation (of the CD burner, I mean ;) ) invite her along. It'll be a spontaneous action date, so prepare for it if it can go that way. Make sure it's fun and that you'd go do it anyway if she was there or not. This could be your second bite at the apple.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deeman
She recently bought a CD burner and I offered to install it for her if she could'nt do it. (I really didnt expect her to take me up on it).

Well just the other day we spoke on the phone and she asked me if I could still help, to which I responded with a "Yes, its no biggy, its not rocket science".
You should have made her give you something in return. When she asked you to install the burner, I would have responded with something like "That depends on what you are making me for lunch!"

Stop giving away your time and energy for free, make them earn it, especially for women who have blown you off in the past. Your time is valuable, the sooner she realises that, the better for you.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Here's what you do:

Go over there, but instead of installing it yourself, make HER do it and explain to her how. Guide her through the process and be sure to get a chuckle from her ineptitude. :)

Of course she'll feign ignorance/complain/call you an *sshole the whole time trying to get you to do it FOR her...don't cave, just laugh.

And don't ever offer favors for a girl you're not banging again. :rolleyes:

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious. You mentioned "back in the day". How long ago was that? Did she just call you out of the blue after 2 years?

I'd schedule a time to install it, then cancel. Your too busy. re-schedule and then make her take you out. Use some C & f, kino, and jump her bones... It may be that she called you to install it as an excuse to get with you... go for it. You have nothing to loose...

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thaks Squirrels/Reto.
I was thinking along those lines. I met her early in the summer (2003) I want in full mode then, just starting out.

Anyway. I like that idea of making her do it while I walk her through it. Priceless.

Longview

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah show her how to do it herself then she wont have to find a chump to do it for her next time.

I used to be involved with a girl that was always getting me to do stuff like that for her, but the difference was i was banging her about 5 mins after i had done it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's from back in the day and she has only called you because you could do something for her, something you offered, to a woman that wouldn't return your phone calls... Hmmm, seems like back in the day wasn't too long ago... :rolleyes:

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here is the deal. im going to clear this all up for you. Do you ever ask any favors from girls? didn't think so. so why is it, that these ladies keep asking for things from us? So, in turn, from the day that i figured that out, even the smallest thing that a girl asks for (even to bum a cigarette), I always ask "what do I get? this sh*t isn't for free!" Eventually, youll get a lot less asked of you, and most the time, even if its for something little youll get something out of it (kiss, flash, whatever you can talk them into, haha).

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear You nuts...

I will pretty much do any favor a friend asks. (Guys included). You never know when you might need one. But, you have to draw the line when you are being taken advatage of...

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I think u are going over-board with this one (as usual)
1. She is not taking advantage of me! I can't stress that more.
2. She didnt call me to just ask for a favor, she asked me for advice on CD burners and I walked her through buying one online. Then when she was done ordering I OFFERED to help her "put it in" (no pun intended). she agreed.
3. We have talked on the phone prior to this, so me speaking to her was not out of the blue.
4. In comparison, if she had been a guy-friend of mine I would have handled it exactly the same way.

So, anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm loving the feed back.

DJSask

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd stand her up at the last minute...

"uh yea I can't make it over tonight... I have to hang out with *insert female name of your choosing*"

Then gradual use your new found skills should work...

Longview

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deeman
Ok fellas, I think u are going over-board with this one (as usual)
1. She is not taking advantage of me! I can't stress that more.
2. She didnt call me to just ask for a favor, she asked me for advice on CD burners and I walked her through buying one online. Then when she was done ordering I OFFERED to help her "put it in" (no pun intended). she agreed.
3. We have talked on the phone prior to this, so me speaking to her was not out of the blue.
4. In comparison, if she had been a guy-friend of mine I would have handled it exactly the same way.

So, anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm loving the feed back.
Man you are so whipped already!!!

MisterAl

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got more feedback... Friend, you're falling into bad, chumpy behavior patterns here.

She hasn't demostrated any Interest Level in you at all. In fact she's proving how very little interest she has in you. After ignoring you and not returning your calls, she asked you for some buying advice and you offered to install the damn thing for her. You're supplicating her and making this worse. You might as well bring flowers and a teddy bear with you.

You mention that you chat on the phone with her. But you're not getting dates with her. She ignores you until she wants to use you for something she can't do herself. This isn't even OK behavior for a friend, forget about someone that you want attracted to you. You need to see the reality of this situation.

I like the advice given by others. Why don't you disappear, stand her up, as a taste of her own medicine. Stop trying to please her. You should really stay away from her though. Once your oneitis wears away you'll see that she had little to offer you.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Longview
Man you are so whipped already!!!
D@amn, the pups even see it... Point blank, guys with PC knowledge come a dime a dozen. I guess no one else offered to do it for her.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks fellas for missing the point all together once again. Although some of you have brought up some great points, a few of you have missed the point all together.

Pessimism seems to run in a few peoples vains over here.

Stripes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya I know what your saying

but it's too bad
why?
because I'll probably get banned for giving opinions
bunch of nazi's
half these people couldn't read between the lines
I guess I'm just too big of a jerk...