Girl confesses love... good response/comeback?

Reaction score
WTF are u suppose to say when a girl tells you that she has a huge crush or loves you. When they tell me that "I really like you" line usually say I like me too or thanks or I pretend to not hear them and switch the convo topic ASAP. I think I messed up my chances with this girl when I told her I LIKED HER TOO when she told me that she liked me. So ya what are good responses in those situations.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just in this type of situation tonight so I guess I'll be generous and share what I said after this woman told me that she "You're a really cool guy and I really REALLY dig you" (Yeah, grown ass women still talk that way).

I told her "Whoa, you're cute and you have exquisite taste; I may just have to keep you around after all." ;)

It worked out well because we were huddled up close in a coffee shop and I said it with a wink and a nudge. You can say something like this over the phone too but make sure that the woman is confident and/or understands your sense of humor. If you aren't naturally confident, I'd bypass this line altogether.

PleasureKing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I told her "Whoa, you're cute and you have exquisite taste; I may just have to keep you around after all." ;)
do you know why this works Peter? Because Francisco applied C+F to his response. He avoided saying "I like you to", or worse, dropping the L-bomb at her by reassuring her the relationship has POTENTIAL, but she still has to EARN his value.

think about it, if a girl told you "I will forever and ever LOVE you", would you ever worry about trying to apply the rules of the GAME on her? no you wouldnt...because you were given the safety net. What I mean by this is that your POV of the relationship would change.

Never tell the girl you LOVE her unless you have been in a LTR with her for a LONG time. (over 1.5 years) and once that time does come, you still have to apply the rules of the game.

Superman79

Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
WTF are u suppose to say when a girl tells you that she has a huge crush or loves you. When they tell me that "I really like you" line usually say I like me too or thanks or I pretend to not hear them and switch the convo topic ASAP. I think I messed up my chances with this girl when I told her I LIKED HER TOO when she told me that she liked me. So ya what are good responses in those situations.

As much as it might make me sound like a Star Wars geek, I've used (and gotten a good response from, since it's C&F) Han Solo's classic

Chick: "I love you"
Han (you): "I know"

then just kiss her...takes her mind right off the fact you never really replied.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Superman79 said:
As much as it might make me sound like a Star Wars geek, I've used (and gotten a good response from, since it's C&F) Han Solo's classic

Chick: "I love you"
Han (you): "I know"

then just kiss her...takes her mind right off the fact you never really replied.
Wow, I AM a Star Wars geek, and using what is maybe the tenderest expression of love in that entire series as some way to C&F some chick is SACRILEDGE!

The whole point is that Han's being C&F'ing Leia the whole time, and FINALLY he expresses it to her, in the simplest way possible.

YOU BAD MAN!

:nono:

LOL

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always convince them that there's no possible way they know me enough to love me, and that's a strong word and shouldn't be thrown around carelessly (however i'm only avoiding saying it back because that's almost sin).