Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl complaining about being single

isonlaxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know, the title makes it seem very much like I've become the 'phone friend' as mentioned in The Rational Male.

Some preface, I'm new to TRP. Like, very new. I started reading about it yesterday, but I did follow seduction and had red Models before, so was sort of aware of it, but not entirely. I'm still reading. Would like to say that I generally am not very good at it, and have had the beta mindset thanks to all the social conditioning all my life. Hence, if I say something completely dumb that's the reason.

So I matched with this girl on Tinder, we hit off immediately, got her number, got her snap, and we talk a fair amount. She's currently away at home for break so we mostly just use Snapchat. Today she randomly mentioned how this one thing looks like a **** [Edit: I didn't realize censoring was a thing, I meant the male pubic part], and how she is struggling being single. Keep in mind that I matched with her before I knew of the Plate theory, so my initial advancements may have been indicative of an LTR.

How do I respond to these snaps? I have no way of knowing what she really means since this is on Snapchat. Am I just a friend at this point to whom she can complain about being single? Should I take this as a hint that she wants to date?

Also, yes, I am not super invested, and am ready to drop the plate when ready. There is a lot of time ahead of me, still in my 2nd year of college.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
How is she a plate if you didn't bang her, nor dated her. Plane is when you date, bang, and you bang regularly after than, before that she's a prospect. I would say at this point she has received plenty of none sexual attention from you, which is rather hard for women, a lot of dudes don't know how to talk to women and it gets boring rather quick. Ask what days she is free, pick a day and take her out to a bar.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what Plate theory is but when a woman puts herself in your orbit you should arrange a date immediately

You will only fall further and further into the friendzone if you stall and/or have a relationship through text

She will probably test you at this point - so if she acts flakey you simply back off

Igetit!

Reaction score
Yeah I know, the title makes it seem very much like I've become the 'phone friend' as mentioned in The Rational Male.
Well hopefully you haven't,but if you have,it's ok. That's the good thing about dating.......

doesn't matter how many times you mess up,there's ALWAYS another girl/another opportunity to try again and get it right.

Just make sure YOU LEARN from this interaction either way. You don't want to waste time,opportunity,and girl after girl after girl only to find out years later it was something EASILY fixable.

So I matched with this girl on Tinder, we hit off immediately, got her number, got her snap, and we talk a fair amount. She's currently away at home for break so we mostly just use Snapchat. Today she randomly mentioned how this one thing looks like a **** [Edit: I didn't realize censoring was a thing, I meant the male pubic part], and how she is struggling being single. Keep in mind that I matched with her before I knew of the Plate theory, so my initial advancements may have been indicative of an LTR.
Ok,well given what you've said so far,it looks like SHE'S CONTROLLING the frame.

What I mean is,it looks like she's controlling the direction AND SUBJECT of conversation. You'll need to change that.
If you don't,she could have you all off in left field....rambling on about exes and tampons,while you just set there listening. And the whole time all this is going on,she WILL NOT be feeling any sort of attraction or "spark" towards you. And the more time that passes with her NOT FEELING any type of sexual attraction or feelings with you,then more used she gets to the NON-SEXUAL "YOU"...then when you finally do decide to make a move,you get the "I don't see you "that way" line.

And she'll be telling the truth.

So either work on flirting,tossing out a compliment or two,AND asking her out.........or just flat out cut ALL COMMUNICATION with her until you do get the ballz/courage to make your interest CLEAR.

]How do I respond to these snaps?
You should have flipped them around on her. Dude look.....you can't just have random talk,random,POINTLESS chit-chat with a girl you have interest in....at least not in the beginning when first meeting her. Your conversation has to have A GOAL in mind...a PURPOSE. And the immediate purpose should be to get her to see you as a potential sexual option,umm....to make her feel a little attraction towards you.

That's why YOU HAVE TO direct the conversation. (not all the time,but starting out). You see what's going on....don't you? All this talk and chit-chat about random nonsense. Out of all the talk you've had,how much of it has been about the two OF YOU? About you liking how she looks,about you two going out? How much has consisted of you two flirting back and forth?

Am I just a friend at this point to whom she can complain about being single? Should I take this as a hint that she wants to date?
See......this shouldn't be. You asked if you're just a friend at this point....

Well what WOULD YOU LIKE to be? You want her to see you in a sexual light....as someone to go out on a date with? Have sex with? Maybe even a potential relationship? Yes?

Well if so,HAVE YOU PRESENTED YOURSELF that way? As a potential sexual interest? As someone to go on a date with?

It's like driving a car...you have to PURPOSELY,INTENTIONALLY direct things where you want to go....you can't just take your hands off the wheel and cross your fingers,hoping that you end up dating or going out. You have to DIRECT IT there.

If you really want to know where you're at,then look at what your conversation has been leading up to where you currently are. Earlier,you said that you and this girl talk "a fair amount". Ok....well,WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING ABOUT? What have you been discussing thus far? Those are questions that need to be answered.

It MAY NOT be too late to turn things around....but at some point,you DO have to start.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Tell her to hit you up when she is back and ready to hang out.

You are being a friend because you are giving this chick your non sexual attention. You must make her EARN that non sexual attention through fvcking you, something she cannot do until she gets back.

Stop talking to her until she is physically back and ready to hang out.

isonlaxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
How is she a plate if you didn't bang her, nor dated her. Plane is when you date, bang, and you bang regularly after than, before that she's a prospect. I would say at this point she has received plenty of none sexual attention from you, which is rather hard for women, a lot of dudes don't know how to talk to women and it gets boring rather quick. Ask what days she is free, pick a day and take her out to a bar.
Oh I did not know that, I thought a plate can also be a dating prospect. But yeah, I could not take her out because we matched a day befoe she left. We're going on a date when she comes back!

isonlaxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what Plate theory is but when a woman puts herself in your orbit you should arrange a date immediately

You will only fall further and further into the friendzone if you stall and/or have a relationship through text

She will probably test you at this point - so if she acts flakey you simply back off
I pointed this out in the reply above but I could not go on a date as we matched a day before she left for break :/ Should have mentioned in the post. But yes you're right! I might be heading in that direction but it's okay, I want to learn

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Oh I did not know that, I thought a plate can also be a dating prospect. But yeah, I could not take her out because we matched a day befoe she left. We're going on a date when she comes back!
Remember to kino and escalate.

isonlaxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I mean is,it looks like she's controlling the direction AND SUBJECT of conversation
You're right, I realized that, but did not know how to take back control, which is why I came here. Do I just be like 'Stop complaining about you being single' or 'Maybe you are just looking for some ****' or along those lines? I really don't wanna be that friend but don't know how to get out of it.

Ok....well,WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING ABOUT? What have you been discussing thus far? Those are questions that need to be answered.
That is also something I want to know, I guess I should only be texting a romatic interest for setting up dates and other logistics, but if I do indeed text, what should I be texting? We've mostly talked about our interests and cats and food. We've flirted back a little, maybe on 2 occasions over the course of a week. Not much I know, and I want to change that, but I wish there were some examples I could look at and be like "Oh so this is how it works".

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t get your hopes up about that date, not saying it won’t happen but women promise the moon today and tomorrow you’re yesterday’s news.

isonlaxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t get your hopes up about that date, not saying it won’t happen but women promise the moon today and tomorrow you’re yesterday’s news.
Yes I am prepared for it to not happen, and it's fine if it doesn't I will have other options soon I know