"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Girl calls saying SORRY!

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Project Chicago
I was at a bar last night with some buddies, and I met my friends roomate there. We were both a little tipsy, and after we talked for a little bit we ended up making out w/each other. Well today she called me, but I was asleep and this was the voicemail she left me.

Hey ac, this is sexygirl your friends roomate, umm i was just calling because we are over at your dorm right now, but i guess you are sleeping, and umm i just wanted to say im sorry about last night i dont know what was wrong with me, but I just wanted to say hi and whats up, and im so sorry about last night, and umm i guess ill talk to you later.


Well...umm I think this girl is pretty cool, and I don't want her to be "sorry" for what she did. I think i'm gonna call her back but I want to be cool and let her know that I don't regret doing anything. What would be the best way to let her know that she shouldn't be sorry and its very natural, and maybe we should hang out again sometime?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The classic "I was drunk" excuse.

The GOOD thing here is that she at least sees you as a sexual possibility in SOME way.

The BAD thing is that she only sees you that way when she's incredibly drunk. It may be that she has sexual inhibitions and is worried about seeming like a slut, or it may be that when she was drunk she was so horny that she was willing to lower her standards.

In person, I'd almost be inclined to turn this one into a joke.

"OMG I'm so sorry about making out with you last night."
"That's okay this time, but just dont' do it again. :D"

That'd turn it around and make it seem like YOU are the one who is embarassed to be messing with HER.

But over voicemail that would just sound queer. I would say don't even acknowledge her apology unless she makes it in person.

But I've never had that happen...so don't take MY word as gold.
 

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
346
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Project Chicago
Yes, well I know it could mean a couple different things, but I think this girl would be cool to hang out w and f* possibly, I dont know if I should take initiative tho and have her come over.
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
You could tell her ...

You could tell her it's OK that she didn't stay the night, because after all you don't really know her that well, and there's no need to rush anything.
 

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
Location
SOL III/Terra
You could also tell her...

animal crackers,

Have fun with this.

Tell the chick, "Oh so you're sorry huh? We'll what are you going to do to make up for it?"

If done in a funny and ****y way, this will crank her up and then you can run with it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top