Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl Calling You By Your Last Name

labyrinth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it mean anything if a girl you meet decides to call you by your last name? I suppose it seems, to me at least, a way for them to put you in the friend zone. I could be wrong about this, though. Any thoughts? Anyone had this happen?

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex uses my last name only when she's angry at me because she's bitter.

Gameness

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my world it pretty much means that she is trying to be controlling. I'd tell her to stop saying my last name like she is my mother. If something annoys you, make sure you tell her...if she uses the usual "What?" response to make you studder, say it even louder.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gameness said:
In my world it pretty much means that she is trying to be controlling. I'd tell her to stop saying my last name like she is my mother. If something annoys you, make sure you tell her...if she uses the usual "What?" response to make you studder, say it even louder.

You live in a weird world! I can't imagine what other simple gestures you misunderstand as well.

A girl calling you by your last name doesn't mean anything..... If you two are friends it means she's comfortable with you. I call everyone by their last name; girls I'm hooking up with, girls who are just my friends, even all my good friends.

As you learn this game be careful not to over-analyze every little detail, otherwise you'll end up feeling more confused then ever.

PIMP

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a term of endearment, whether sexual or platonic remains to be seen.

But quit overanalyzing!

randomshinichi

Don Juan
Reaction score
There was this one girl who called me by my last name, especially when reacting to something I said. She was flaky, wouldn't meet when I went to visit her in another country until the last day - and then only the last night. I was pretty frustrated and pissed, didn't want to meet her, but my friends were with me and they wanted to meet her, so we ended up going. And I ended up partially enjoying it, although I made it a point not to be too social, because I didn't like the way she canceled the past two days.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people have last names that sound good...one of my best mates, his is Barron. So everyone calls him Barron...including some girls. Some girls will call you by your last name because everybody else does, so that's basically what they've come to know you as.

It's also quite playful to call people by their last name. Some girls have addressed me by my last name - usually they are being ****y - but never is it because they don't like me or are trying to be controlling. It's often a form of banter...

Gameness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
You live in a weird world! I can't imagine what other simple gestures you misunderstand as well.

A girl calling you by your last name doesn't mean anything..... If you two are friends it means she's comfortable with you. I call everyone by their last name; girls I'm hooking up with, girls who are just my friends, even all my good friends.

As you learn this game be careful not to over-analyze every little detail, otherwise you'll end up feeling more confused then ever.

PIMP

Well, you should consider the fact that I live in Sweden; girls and culture here is different. We don't call each other by last name, and we don't use Mr, Mrs, Miss etc. It is perfectly normal for someone to get confused why somebody is using their last name where I live.

If you do use it, you better be playful and funny.

labyrinth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on this! I do have a tendency to over-analyze things, so this was just one of those many things. I have always been called by shortened versions of my first name but never by my last name. The chick in question does show major SOI, but I was taken aback by being called by my last name.

Captain_Hampton

Reaction score
Just assume she likes you.

Next time she does it, if you even WANT to address it say..."My aren't we being cordial Miss 'insert her last name'!" Then pretend to sit up straight and primp.

If she asks what the word cordial means, tell her you aren't sure but that you think it was an old wooden sailing ship.