"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girl blocking me from her friends

YtBlur

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Age
28
This girl whose a friend has a boyfriend but basically blocks me from seeing a certain girl in her group. Sometimes she'll get upset and say she'll never want you(when this girl hasn't seen me). The girl I want to meet is single as well and she makes excuses so I can never meet her.Whats going on here?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
This girl whose a friend has a boyfriend but basically blocks me from seeing a certain girl in her group. Sometimes she'll get upset and say she'll never want you(when this girl hasn't seen me). The girl I want to meet is single as well and she makes excuses so I can never meet her.Whats going on here?
Maybe jealous and/or seriously c0ck blocking you. Have you met that other friend before and spoken to her?
 

YtBlur

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Age
28
Maybe jealous and/or seriously c0ck blocking you. Have you met that other friend before and spoken to her?
Never. I should mention I did flirt with this girl awhile back. It went nowhere though because she got a boyfriend.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Maybe jealous and/or seriously c0ck blocking you. Have you met that other friend before and spoken to her?
Let them come to you. Put together an effective social media self marketing machine. Hook them and seduce them.
 

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
Never. I should mention I did flirt with this girl awhile back. It went nowhere though because she got a boyfriend.
If you ever get a chance to talk with this girl. Tell her straight out that you think she's sexy/attractive/hot (whatever term you want to use). See what she says and then tell her "I was going to tell you before but your friend wouldn't let me talk to you.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Who cares. Whatever is going on they're making it too difficult for you. It's not worth your effort.

Maybe the girl you know is jealous... but which math equation are you gonna use to prove that? Doesn't matter. Other fish in the sea.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
This situation of yours doesn't make any sense.
I'm trying to piece it together like a forensic detective, but keep coming up with the same answer.

You met this girl a while back and you flirted with her, but she had a boyfriend?
How do you know she's currently single?
Where are you getting this information from?

Her friend says her friend doesn't want you.
But you think that's a lie because she hasn't seen you?
You know what I think? I think she has seen you already and is not attracted to you for some reason. (The Boyfriend is still in the picture)

This entire situation happened on Facebook.
You saw someone in your friends network of friends online that you were attracted to, but couldn't figure out how to reach her. She probably has her profile set to private.

This is one giant fantasy buddy!
If her friend is stonewalling you, there's a major reason for that.
 
Last edited:

YtBlur

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Age
28
This situation of yours doesn't make any sense.
I'm trying to piece it together like a forensic detective, but keep coming up with the same answer.

You met this girl a while back and you flirted with her, but she had boyfriend?
How do you know she's currently single?
Where are you getting this information from?

Her friend says her friend doesn't want you.
But you think that's a lie because she hasn't seen you?
You know what I think? I think she has seen you already and is not attracted to you for some reason. (The Boyfriend is still in the picture)

This entire situation happened on Facebook.
You saw someone in your friends network of friends online that you were attracted to, but couldn't figure out how to reach her. She probably has her profile set to private.

This is one giant fantasy buddy!
If her friend is stonewalling you, there's a major reason for that.
No I met the first girl(lets call her Ana) a long time ago before she had a boyfriend. Ana and I flirted and stuff but then we had a fallout after she got a boyfriend. Me and Ana are "friends" and one day I saw Ana's friend on snapchat. So I been asking to let me meet her friend. She says she doesn't care if I do see her but makes excuses to why the new girl I want cant come out. Sometimes she gets in her moods when I say I'm not trying to get to know her anymore and throws little sentences like I said above.
 

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
949
Reaction score
893
Age
29
Dude they can fvck off both. If she is also making excuses then I wouldn't bother. What the fvck she think she is. By the time you finally (maybe?) get to her, you could hook up with 3 even better girls who will not fvck around with you and your time.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
This girl whose a friend has a boyfriend but basically blocks me from seeing a certain girl in her group. Sometimes she'll get upset and say she'll never want you(when this girl hasn't seen me). The girl I want to meet is single as well and she makes excuses so I can never meet her.Whats going on here?
If she makes excuses, she's not interested.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top