Girl at the Gym

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at the gym today and there's this little hottie I see there sometimes that was there. I was doing my workout and she started working out in the same area, doing one of those exercises where you are leaning on a bench so she was like sticking her ass up at me a few feet away. Well, I notice it and then there's the weird **** with the mirrors and of course we don't want to make eye contact and I don't know if she's interested yet.

She always comes to the gym herself like I do and she seems real confident, independent, and in very good shape....definitely my type, mature type girl. So, I'm thinking she probaby does her workout and doesn't care if some guy is looking at her ass or not. I am looking around for a matching weight (since our ****ing gym makes it so hard to find) and she notices what I'm looking for and she's like, "it's right over there...sorry." I just say something short like "oh, no problem, thanks." Damn, blew a freaking opener, oh well.

So, I finish up shoulders and I go to work on back on the other side of the gym. At this point, I think I've caught her checking me out and I think she's caught me, but I'm not sure. Interestingly, she ventures over to that side of the gym herself a bit later to do some ab work. etc, etc...I am pretty sure she was checking me out, but I don't know for sure.

I'm going to conclude that she is interested (although let me know if you think the above is pure coincidence).

What are some good gym approaches for a girl like this who is independent, mature, etc? I need to be able to #close next time I see her.

popcorn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw my DJ friend pull at a gym once for a while he was like hi hi and smiling then after bout week he was like hi how are you how was your weekend, and they started like that. Nothing to do with the weights. It worked for him.

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what makes you so sure she is "independant and mature"?
If I read your post right, you hardly ever spoke to her. Even if you did, women can, AND WILL, always give you a nasty surprise when you feel complacent.

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious as well.

I'd love to comment some of these women on their figure. But like everything it's all about how you say it.

How about?

"You work pretty hard a keeping that nice figure, I see you here often. Your husband must appreciate that"

I'm thinking that's an invitation for her to tell you if she's single or not, and shows her that you aren't afraid to show your sexuality...

opinions...
I haven't got this gym thing down yet either

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WatchMeWalk
Exactly what makes you so sure she is "independant and mature"?
If I read your post right, you hardly ever spoke to her. Even if you did, women can, AND WILL, always give you a nasty surprise when you feel complacent.
I get the feeling she's independent and mature mostly because of the way she carries herself, but also because she goes to the gym alone and most college girls don't. She goes there and focuses on her workout, doesn't really socialize. I don't understand what you mean by complacent in this scenario, though.

Helter,

I don't care if she is highly interested or not. I doubt she's highly interested after speaking to me very little and seeing me at the gym. I just need a gym opener.

Mercenary,

I hear ya. She's got a fantastic body. Very toned. You can tell she works hard on it, too. I don't know if I should compliment her on it though.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking with a buddy of mine, and this attractive, older (30s?), blonde woman walked right behind me (there was plenty of space to get by, it's an enormous gym) and grazed her hair against my back. I stole a glance as I was talking with my friend, and we made eye contact for a second or two, before she looked away (I'm serious at the gym, so I didn't smile - probably why she didn't smile back). She had also been doing lunges right next to me (again when there was plenty of space around, as if she was trying to get my attention.

Not sure what to make of it, but I usually ignore chicks at the gym anyway (I go there to work out, not to fvck). Oh well, no big deal.

Btw, I honestly think that these things happen a lot in gyms because everyone is buffed up and the hormone levels are high - so don't read into it too much. There are better places to hit on women.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
I was talking with a buddy of mine, and this attractive, older (30s?), blonde woman walked right behind me (there was plenty of space to get by, it's an enormous gym) and grazed her hair against my back. I stole a glance as I was talking with my friend, and we made eye contact for a second or two, before she looked away (I'm serious at the gym, so I didn't smile - probably why she didn't smile back). She had also been doing lunges right next to me (again when there was plenty of space around, as if she was trying to get my attention.

Not sure what to make of it, but I usually ignore chicks at the gym anyway (I go there to work out, not to fvck). Oh well, no big deal.

Btw, I honestly think that these things happen a lot in gyms because everyone is buffed up and the hormone levels are high - so don't read into it too much. There are better places to hit on women.
I agree with what you're saying about chicks trying to get our attention, but I think the gym is a good environment to become skilled at. I'd love to meet an athletic chick who's probably pretty freaky in bed. It's so hard to come up with "safe" lines, though since you're going to be there a lot and you don't want it to get awkward. Of course, your lines also have to imply some interest so it's tough.

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week to workout and I have noticed that girls get approached on a frequent basis.
When I first started to go to the gym I was amazed to see that it seemed like a pick up joint at times.

Whenever I am in the mall or walking along the street I never see girls get approached. Why not?
Last week I approached a girl while I was waiting to cross the road at a set of lights. See got really agro at me and was really annoyed that I was trying to pick her up. At least a few amused bystanders who witnessed it thought it was funny.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thedude7
I go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week to workout and I have noticed that girls get approached on a frequent basis.
When I first started to go to the gym I was amazed to see that it seemed like a pick up joint at times.

Whenever I am in the mall or walking along the street I never see girls get approached. Why not?
Last week I approached a girl while I was waiting to cross the road at a set of lights. See got really agro at me and was really annoyed that I was trying to pick her up. At least a few amused bystanders who witnessed it thought it was funny.

LOL, tough break guy. Don't let that moronic bytch get you down. On to the next! :)