Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Girl at School

ZW52

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Jackson,MS
Ok so I just started classes at a local community college. In one of my classes today I saw a really hot girl, an HB 9.5. The next class with her will be Thursday and I plan to try and talk to her after class when both of us are walking to our cars. I can't really think of anything to say to her, I don't really want to start a conversation about the class because that would probably be boring. I will open up with "Hi my name is ZW52" but not sure how to follow that up. I plan to number close by saying "what's your number, in case I miss some classes and need to know the homework". I have about a 2 minute window for a conversation from the point that we leave the classroom door to the time we both reach our cars in the parking lot. All advice on conversations tips and topics are welcome, post as soon as possible since I only have a couple days until the next class.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, OH
Originally posted by ZW52
I plan to number close by saying "what's your number, in case I miss some classes and need to know the homework".
When the time comes that you do go for the number close, I wouldn't go with that line. It sounds weak and she'll more than likely see through it. When that point comes in the conversation, just be straight up and say something like "Hey, what's your number? We should hang out some time."
 

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Location
Rowland Heights, CA
OK some things are hard to do, but just talk a topic can be a comment about something she wears <unusual thing>

Or you can say I never got your name

I dont' have any more tips because I'm not a true expert, hmm
talk to the girl like you would to any other person....
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I guess, although I'm not a master. I did screw up in a similar situation like you have just a few week ago.

That situation led me to this website. Without her affection.

-

My advice. If you want the number, go for it. Don't use school (I made this mistake).
Kino the hell out of her.
If she seems REALLY interested, then you should tell her she needs to take YOU out.

-
If you still want to use the crutch of studying or class (like i did), then DON"T ASK HER TO DO ANYTHING. You'll only screw it up. It will scream weakness, and it will make her view you only as a peer.

-

as far as conversation goes, just ask her what her major is... the ice is broken.
if you need to you can always ask her if she has heard anything about so-and-so program at so-and-so school (your major and transfer school). But don't tell her much about you... just break the ice with this.
 
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Mississippi - home of boredom
Originally posted by bootlegger


1) My advice. If you want the number, go for it. Don't use school (I made this mistake).
2)Kino the hell out of her.
3)If she seems REALLY interested, then you should tell her she needs to take YOU out.

-
If you still want to use the crutch of studying or class (like i did), then 4) DON"T ASK HER TO DO ANYTHING. You'll only screw it up. It will scream weakness, and it will make her view you only as a peer.

-
5)
as far as conversation goes, just ask her what her major is... the ice is broken.
if you need to you can always ask her if she has heard anything about so-and-so program at so-and-so school (your major and transfer school). But don't tell her much about you... just break the ice with this.
1. yes
2. i wouldn't say hell
3. no
4. what? no
5. sure
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
4.
let me clarify... don't ask her to do anything school related.
No studying, no experiments, no dissecting frogs, no sewing. NOTHING CLASS RELATED.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Both your opening and closing lines are weak and contrived. Why not just START A CONVERSATION??

Ask her a question about the class/environment you're in, crack a joke, or make a comment to open. Smile and look her in the eye. See if she engages you back. If she does, just hold a CONVERSATION. And when it's over, be like, "let's hang out sometime. What's your number?"
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
to the thread starter: have you honestly read through the dj bible?

your opening is bad, but this is worse "what's your number, in case I miss some classes and need to know the homework"

the reason you ask for her # is not solely to call her, it is to check her interest level with you.

asking for her # is like asking a hot dentist what her # is because u need a cavity fill or whatever. lol.. she'll give it to you, but she may not be interested and u just wasted ur time.
 

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Down South
Originally posted by squirrels
"let's hang out sometime. What's your number?"
Im no DJ master by any means, but doest "hang out" sound kinda friend-ish? Like your only wanting to be friends. Cuz i read somethin like this before on here. What about "let's go out sometime"?
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
I like you, you're very cute and you seem really interesting. Why don't you give me your phone number?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Don_Marko
I like you, you're very cute and you seem really interesting. Why don't you give me your phone number?
I dunno about the shower of compliments here, but I like the way Don Marko includes a statement of intent here ("I like you.").

I still think "let's hang out" would work, but you'd have to convey the sexuality through eye contact, body language, kinesthetics, etc for it to make the right impression. :)
 

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Originally posted by squirrels
I still think "let's hang out" would work, but you'd have to convey the sexuality through eye contact, body language, kinesthetics, etc for it to make the right impression. :)
You're right, it's more about how you say it rather than what exactly you say, but if you're gonna say something then "Let's get together sometime" is pretty good - it's got a nice double meaning!
 

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Dude,

Don't wait until your out of the parking lot and your both walking to your cars. That's creepy and it makes it seem like you've planned it (which you have) I've done this a bazillion times at school and everytime I've messed up. The best success ratio for me is to talk to them as soon as you get the opportunity. Sit next to her and as soon as you sit down talk to her. It's weird but when I put off talking to chicks it feels like there is a huge load on my shoulers but if I interact in the beginning I feel great, and smile and kid around with em and I'm the first to leave which makes em want more.

Another thing, you don't have to get her # right away. The name exchanging is a must!!!! Just count 1-2-3 and blurt out something.

Good luck cuz.
 

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
43
Location
NY
Thats the best way, sitting next to her.

If your stuck, you can always say " Hey I wasn't here last week, what'd you guys do in class?"

Then start convo from there.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
or....

say, fuk u girl!

Then be active in class and crack jokes. that will get you noticed and you will be attractive. DO WELL IN CLASS THOUGH. no one likes a slacker.

Ok, but that's not enough. Then in the halls, walk by her and be with your buds you being the alpha guy making everyone laugh. But get some eye contact going with her and hold it until she passses. Then after class go up and say, "hey, you were checkin me out pretty strongly in the hall today. maybe you can take me out to prove if you can take me."

something like that. I'm asuming ur not a blob of fat though.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Liquid

New Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by AFK Protector

Ok, but that's not enough. Then in the halls, walk by her and be with your buds you being the alpha guy making everyone laugh. But get some eye contact going with her and hold it until she passses. Then after class go up and say, "hey, you were checkin me out pretty strongly in the hall today. maybe you can take me out to prove if you can take me."

something like that. I'm asuming ur not a blob of fat though.
This is easily one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this site.

To the guy who started the thread: introduce yourself and tell her you never caught her name. Make small talk about whatever (the weather, the Olympics, where she lives, etc.) and then tell her you've gotta run but would like to continue your conversation, so how about that number?

It's easy. Just do it.
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Poster above me has it right..but..

I thought DJs have gone through this routine time and time again.

REMEMBER...

When you number close, NEVER ask for the number...demand it with subtly..

Example:

AFC - "Please give me your number so we can hang out sometime"

DJ - "So you're into salsa dancing? Hell..me TOO...I know this great place called Latin Quarter Downtown..Awesome drink specials, sexxy vibe, cool peeps. Here (whips out trusty cell phone) key in your number on my cell phone and I'll give you a call Friday or Saturday because some of my friends are planning to go out and party before school gets more demanding."

If the IL is ALREADY there and she's already welcomed a first date.

DJ - "I know this great Salsa Club Downtown...its sexxy, steamy, great drink specials, awesome live music...Friday is going to be packed there. I'll give you a call Friday around 8ish, get ready by 10, I'll pick you up at your pad, we can hit a lil dinner, and then hit the club at 1130ish. Here (whips out trusty cell phone) key in your number on my cell phone."

But you have to be exicited! Sound excited! Give her the impression that if she misses out, then, she's going to miss out on something BIG!

Be prepared for the date...let her know you are in charge and have everything worked out..you'll come out smooth as silk if you have all the plans set - rather than "what do you want to do? i dunno? what do YOU want to do?" round and round discussion.
 

ZW52

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Jackson,MS
Well there is no chance for me to talk to her today seeing as I have to miss my classes today because I'm sick. Perfect timing. Actually, I had a lab class with the girl I mentioned on Wednesday. I sat next to her and made small talk and so on. I wasn't getting good vibes from her really. For one she has this extremely horrible thick southern accent. I know I live in Mississippi and southern accents are common but not one this southern. It was very annoying and I ended up paying more attention to her accent than to what she was saying. I might still go for the number just for the hell of it. She may be good for a date or two. This year there are a ton of hot girls at my community college. Last year there were hardly any. So there are many chances for me, I've already gotten in a couple of small approaches.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Hey, there you are! What'd you think of that last lecture?


>>Fluff

Hey, I gotta jet. I'm meeting some friends in a couple minutes. Tell you what, give me your home # and we'll get together sometime.


>>she either gives or makes excuse

Oh just write it down, unless you want to miss a good outing :)

>>she either gives or makes excuse (in case of excuse, you say 'Too Bad' and walk away)
 
Top