Girl always looks down when she sees me...

chainmail

Reaction score
I think this girl is cute, problem is she'll look down whenever she sees me. She acts differently around other guys, initiates conversation, smiles and looks at 'em. She'll be in a group and as soon as I pass, her eyes drop to the floor. It's even worse when we're alone. Does she not wanna get caught staring that bad? Rarely returns smiles as well, maybe cause she's looking at the ground. I'm decent looking, maybe a little above average. Should I say anything about her looking down whenever I pass by? Something charming? I don't wanna be a ****y dip**** about it, cause if she's nervous it probably won't help things.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she is doing several times, it means she is receptive
not bad to take a chance.
talk and take it further.

chainmail

Reaction score
Yeah, it happens ALL THE TIME. Very very rarely she will look me in the eye and hold her gaze, but eye contact from her is rare. Even when we talk, her eyes dart around. I have a couple body language books, but they say this pattern indicates she wants you to F off. She is receptive, she will talk, just seems uncomfortable.

Tyson420

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chainmail said:
Yeah, it happens ALL THE TIME. Very very rarely she will look me in the eye and hold her gaze, but eye contact from her is rare. Even when we talk, her eyes dart around. I have a couple body language books, but they say this pattern indicates she wants you to F off. She is receptive, she will talk, just seems uncomfortable.
Ah I see. Don't get your hopes up. All I'm saying, it seems when you look at her. She's wondering why you're looking, becomes repulsed, averts her stare to something a bit more attractive, like the dirty floor.

Don't take what I say too seriously though. Talk to her, but expect rejection always. Keeps you in a mindstate of 'What have I got to lose?'

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A big lack of comfort! If you make a move now, it will land you a nice rejection. Try to build comfort first and see what is up.

chainmail

Reaction score
Well her friends are saying she's nervous but really into me, they're trying to facilitate something, but aren't too smooth about it. What's the best way to build comfort around shy girls? I've seen it in the past where a shy girl will back away and act a little repulsed by you, their personal bubble is a lot bigger when they really like the guy, and they play hard to get excessively.
If a girl is intimidated, how to you demonstrate values that will build comfort? In the past I've made the mistake of building myself up too much when I saw a girl was playing hard to get, but it often made them play hard to get even more.

Last edited:

Tyson420

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chainmail said:
Well her friends are saying she's nervous but really into me, they're trying to facilitate something, but aren't too smooth about it. What's the best way to build comfort around shy girls? I've seen it in the past where a shy girl will back away and act a little repulsed by you, their personal bubble is a lot bigger when they really like the guy, and they play hard to get excessively.
If a girl is intimidated, how to you demonstrate values that will build comfort? In the past I've made the mistake of building myself up too much when I saw a girl was playing hard to get, but it often made them play hard to get even more.
You definitely ought to try if her friends are hinting at it. Girlfriends are never subtle, they make it obvious because they know us guys are often clueless.

I don't know any PUA routines or DHV BS, I rely on natural game. If she really likes you, it doesn't matter what you say as long as it isn't lame, awkward, or rude. Just be someone that's entertaining and fun to talk to.

Keep that in mind, I've known girls that were absolutely smitten with me. (Not so good looking girls) didn't matter even if I was a bit rude, just to get them off my tail, they didn't seem to give up.

I would talk to her, simply to make it less awkward because you guys have been staring at each other or not. It's kind of weird you know?:rolleyes:

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like she is into you at all, imho, but I could be wrong. Just open her, have a conversation going, joke a little, ask question to build rapport (interesting questions), tease her a little bit, slip
in some light kino, and ask her out. Otherwise you will never know.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"So, the ground is more attractive than me now huh? I see how it is."

jacob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@ chainmail when she sees you coming and then darts her eyes away to look at something else but she's still facing in your direction, wave your hands like you're trying to get her attention and try and look into her eyes then when she looks at you stop waving and instead use both your hands to point at your chest and say "hello, I'm here" with a ****y smirk on your face. This should get a smile from her make you seem ****y funny and make her feel at ease with you.

HariPoter13

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont tease her about her shyness, shes already self-concious enough about it. In fact, dont tease her at all.

The way I see it, shes already yours for the taking. You just need to up the physical contact bit by bit. Hug her. Hug her whole heartedly. Make the first step, she will follow.

P

perseverance

A customer I served once or twice at work made eye contact with me, I smiled and she smiled, back only to look down at the ground with big grin on her face. I knew she liked me from that. You're one is a little harder to figure out, as she sending mixed signals, if it's due to nerves than that is understandable. You just need to man up and find out whether or not she is into you. If she is fantastic, if she isn't fantastic, at least that is one more weight off your mind.