Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl acting squirrelly or does she think shes calling me out on something?

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl I'm supposed to take out tonight hit me up yesterday via text, "just to say hi."

exchanged 1-2 texts, then I conclude one of my messages with "have a good night and see you tomorrow!", to which she replies:

"Afraid we are going to run out of things to talk about? Lol. Bye, have a good night!"

Is this a shyt test? Ive always said, if it feels like a shyt test, it is.

How would you respond? I replied a little later with "Ha, whatever. Not possible"

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like she wanted to chat and feels like you purposefully cut the texting short and mentioned that to you

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like she wanted to chat and feels like you purposefully cut the texting short and mentioned that to you
I definitely picked up on that, but why chitchat via text when we have plans to be together the very next day? I’m not one for mindless text back and forth, but part of me thinks maybe I was a bit too cold in this case, by cutting the convo off early on.

Would a chick really bail on a date over something so stupid? Probably yes...but is that just indicative of the person she is, someone who would take it personally and cancel a date? I guess time will tell

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is indeed "testing" you but not in the way you think, and probably not in a way she is aware of. You just made an SS thread about a harmless text message from her that lead you to speculate on who she really is and what she's going to do. She has inadvertently given you an opportunity to introspect about how the fvck you ended up in this state of mind, and how to get out of it to live freely without neuroticism.

Last edited:

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she will bail, you'll find out soon enough.

I wouldn't give it much attention in your mind. Seems like a minute detail to get bunchy about, unless you feel disrespected by her. If that's the case understand that she doesn't seem to have an issue with calling people out, and there will probably be more types of these events.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you just met this girl, she's probably screening you and trying to get a gauge for how the date could go. You shutting it down could potentially have been a good thing though since it gives off that mystery that women like. However, it could also make her more reluctant to go out with you since she doesn't know anything about you.

Ah the dating games.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you just met this girl, she's probably screening you and trying to get a gauge for how the date could go. You shutting it down could potentially have been a good thing though since it gives off that mystery that women like. However, it could also make her more reluctant to go out with you since she doesn't know anything about you.

Ah the dating games.
It’s our second date. First one went well and she initiated contact after it for our second date. Plan is for me to pick her up, but I just told her to send me her address sometime today. Should I even ask her for it today if I don’t hear from her by an hour or two before the date?

My assumption is the date is still on, obviously. Just know where I’ll be picking her up yet, which feels too much like a “call to confirm” date, compared to having “definite” plans.

Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s our second date. First one went well and she initiated contact after it for our second date. Plan is for me to pick her up, but I just told her to send me her address sometime today. Should I even ask her for it today if I don’t hear from her by an hour or two before the date?

My assumption is the date is still on, obviously. Just know where I’ll be picking her up yet, which feels too much like a “call to confirm” date, compared to having “definite” plans.
Well you need to know where she lives. So asking for her address isn't you attempting to get confirmation. It's you demonstrating confidence that the date is on and you need to know where to go to pick her up.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's meaningless. I don't think it's a sh!t test at all. She was just unsure of what to make of your ending your conversation unexpectedly. Chalk it up to meaningless static and enjoy your next date with her. You've successfully interrupted the flow of her expectations, so roll with it and just go business as usual.

I think that sometimes we tend to ascribe too many things to being a test. Sometimes these things are just an expression of a girly emotion.

Remember, gents. Don't ever think in terms of "passing" sh!t tests if and when they do occur. Think instead of "handling" them. A woman has no right to test you covertly by injecting strife, and there should be no understanding that you are supposed to "pass" the little princess's test.

Delbert Grady:
"I "corrected" them, sir."

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you need to know where she lives. So asking for her address isn't you attempting to get confirmation. It's you demonstrating confidence that the date is on and you need to know where to go to pick her up.

Agreed. I did tell her already yesterday to shoot me her address sometime today. Does it even matter that I already told her once if I go and ask her again for it? Date is in roughly 6 hours

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not one for mindless text back and forth, but part of me thinks maybe I was a bit too cold in this case, by cutting the convo off early on.
Get over yourself. You have all this stuff to say in this thread, but you can't take the time to have a few back and forth messages with this girl. You call it mindless texting, but a lot of women love texting, and it's an easy way to build rapport with them if you're good at it

She clearly wanted to talk. Anyone who hits you up just to say hi wants to talk. It's that simple, no test or anything

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Females say a lot of things, most of which are nonsense and we want to either get a reaction or for no reason at all...someone mentioned static. Hilarious and true. We just talk a lot and throw out stuff occasionally. Doesn’t mean it has meaning. She could have trying to be funny or cute too.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I did tell her already yesterday to shoot me her address sometime today. Does it even matter that I already told her once if I go and ask her again for it? Date is in roughly 6 hours
Nope, you let it ride.
She will most likely shoot you her address at some point. Plan as if you will be receiving it and seeing her.

If, by some chance, you don't receive it, let it go and move on. Don't give her the pleasure of asking "wtf".

Tldr; never let your anxiety dictate your choice of behavior

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, you let it ride.
She will most likely shoot you her address at some point. Plan as if you will be receiving it and seeing her.

If, by some chance, you don't receive it, let it go and move on. Don't give her the pleasure of asking "wtf".

Tldr; never let your anxiety dictate your choice of behavior

Well, **** me i guess because I hit her up, mocking that she’s going to lose in the activity we have planned and asking where I’ll be picking her up at.

Oh well, probably isn’t going to make or break anything.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yikes, may have a super high interest or even clinger-stage girl here. She’s now blowing up my phone, calling me handsome, can’t wait to see me and my gorgeous smile, yadda yadda.

So she may be a little squirrelly, but sometimes I like crazy. Just not overboard. Perfect plate material setting up it seems

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yikes, may have a super high interest or even clinger-stage girl here. She’s now blowing up my phone, calling me handsome, can’t wait to see me and my gorgeous smile, yadda yadda.

So she may be a little squirrelly, but sometimes I like crazy. Just not overboard. Perfect plate material setting up it seems
Youd rather be treated like and called a piece of chyt vs serious interest of someone attracted to you.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
This is all harmless.

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe trying to communicate she wanted to chat more but texting is a shyt way to talk.
Texting can kill your frame quickly.
Womens covert language adds to the difficulty.
I think you did good by not chat texting. Save it for the meet up. A lot of guys sound feminine through text because of the chase.
This so much. if a man texts me too much, texts novels or wants to chat over text i lose interest. chicks do this behavior with each other and try to with men. it’s not manly behavior. it’s a total turn off. a simple “looking forward to seeing you tonight” works for me from a man. it conveys his interest but also tell me , “stfu and stop texting me and we will talk in person.”

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why it SOOOO hard to simply say "I'm not much of a texter, I prefer to chat in person"

Why all the hints and subterfuge, just be clear