"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Gifts

LeChanteur

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
I did a search of the boards and read thru the bible trying to find out about gifts (flowers etc) on dates.

I already knew that rocking up to your first date with flowers is a little AFC but what about the second one? not much is being said on that, any thoughts?

Also, I figured that thoughtful little gifts that prove you were listening to her during your first date (like getting her a candle if she said she loved candles) would be better recieved than simply flowers. True?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

PEPE LE PIU

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
False. Why do you need to prove your attention to her? An why do you have to convince her that she is the ONE? How can you know that from one date?

You are the one with most options (even if she is the only option at the time). If you bring her something material (aka gifts) she may put you under the provider = wussy = friend = attention byer category and that's bad, very bad.

You ma have a lot of money to support gold diggers and in that case you may don't even need to be a DJ. You have that natural charm :D . I am not suggesting that all the womwn are gold diggers but bringing gift so early may rise their expectations.
 

Wong Fei Hung

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
I have learned that giving gifts to my date doesnt make her or encourage her to like me more. I have been dating these pretty girls and very intelligent girls. For example, the Russian girl from my post: I have been with her for 4 months and the only gift I gave was a Christmas card and a pair of earrings. I gave her the earrings because I learned she recently got her ears pierced. She had no idea I was going to give her the earrings because I gave her my Christmas card to her a week ago to test her.

I have been a EL CHEAPO in all area. I took her to cheap restaurants. The way I do it is, as I like her better, the meals will get better and the restaurant with better service. So far, the meals cost me less than $10 for both of us. I had thoughts of getting her flowers and candies. On one of our dates, I brought apple cider instead of champagne. I brought my own wine glasses and strawberries. She was shocked! I am not going to treat her too good until I feel like it.

In short, be who you are and trust your heart. You want her to like you not the gift.
 

Sax God

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
You can find me in St. Louie
Originally posted by Wong Fei Hung
I have learned that giving gifts to my date doesnt make her or encourage her to like me more. I have been dating these pretty girls and very intelligent girls. For example, the Russian girl from my post: I have been with her for 4 months and the only gift I gave was a Christmas card and a pair of earrings. I gave her the earrings because I learned she recently got her ears pierced. She had no idea I was going to give her the earrings because I gave her my Christmas card to her a week ago to test her.

I have been a EL CHEAPO in all area. I took her to cheap restaurants. The way I do it is, as I like her better, the meals will get better and the restaurant with better service. So far, the meals cost me less than $10 for both of us. I had thoughts of getting her flowers and candies. On one of our dates, I brought apple cider instead of champagne. I brought my own wine glasses and strawberries. She was shocked! I am not going to treat her too good until I feel like it.

In short, be who you are and trust your heart. You want her to like you not the gift.
I agree. As a matter of fact, for a first date, I usually go somewhere that's free. There is absolutely no reason to spend money on someone that you don't definately know that you really like yet.

As for gifts, I don't do them. Unless you get something extravagant, then the reaction isn't usually worth the money you spent on it. However, if you DO get something extravagant, then you're just going to raise her expectations. So, just stay away from gifts early in the relationship.
 
Top