"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Ghosting one dominant frame for another. Be like water?

Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
90
Are there any examples you guys can think of where you ghost one dominant frame for another and be like water?

Example: If you are strutting around a forum like c0ck of the walk but other dominant frames get in their feelings about it and report you. Is it better to just stay with that adopted frame or ghost it to the orphanage for another to keep the peace but still be holding a new dominant frame? Would that even be considered dominant?

Discuss
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top