"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

gf thinks her sis's bf is perfect...

loser2

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've been with this girl for more than a year. Her sis and her sis's bf live in another country, so I haven't seen them personally but from the pictures. My gf has met her sis's bf before and my gf seems to have a very very high regard for him. Once in a while she would tell me how good her sis's bf is: he is tall; he is handsome; he is ultra nice to her sis; he is extremely committed to his sis; he puts his money in her sis's account and that fact that I won't and think it's stupid; how her cousins and everyone else also say that her sis's bf is so great and her sis is so lucky and so on. Just a few days ago my gf called me and told me that her uncle went to visit her sis and met her sis's bf and said that he is tall and handsome.

Now, wtf is the point of telling me that? And a lot of times we got into fights over what her sis's bf would do that I wouldn't do. For example, gf always says that by putting his money in her sis's bank account, her bf shows how committed and how unselfish he is. To me, I won't do it simply because we are only dating. Some people would even think it is stupid to put money in gf's acct, right? Ya, so my gf just criticises me for not being able to do the same. It seems gf tries to measure up to her sis and her sis's gf so bad to the point that gf would get depressed. gf would also tell me what her sis's bf bought or whatnot. I feel like gf is showing me up with her sis's bf.

Should I put up with this? Am I overreacting or what? How should i put up with it? Everytime gf talks about the bf I get pissed (even though I may not show it outside right away). Any pointers? Thank you!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia Tech
That chick sounds messed up.

Just tell her that you are who you are...you don't disrespect her but you're not going to act like someone else's boyfriend. Tell her you don't want to hear about him anymore- it annoys you and is getting rediculous.

If she keeps up, drop her.

My 2 cent- -E-Z
 

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
whine whine whine.....
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
The next time she does that ask her outright whether or not she is trying to tell you something. If she asks why tell her that it seems that she is obsessed with her sister's boyfriend and that you are half a step away asking her sister about it. Don't let her get off with some half @ssed blow-off either.

Tell her that you are curious why she is so focused on what he does for her sister and that it could be seen as jealousy. That should get her into an emotional state and we all knows what happens after that, the flood gates will open and she should blurt out what's on her mind. Make your decision on how to handle the situation after that.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
She is trying to tell you indirectly that she is displeased with you and is looking for a man with the qualities of her sis's b/f. Don't be surprised when you find her with another dude, chicks that talk like this openly to you about another dude, is showing disinterest and may looking for the exit. She seems like a gold digger without a shovel! The bank account thing is ludicrous!!

Look around for a replacement now!
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
Yea dude, this chick is in the "looking for the bigger , better deal" stage.

She may love you, but she is trying to change you. She is indirectly saying "my sis's boyfriend is better than you! and I want a guy like my sisters! so I can Brag to my sister and win everyone else's approval!"

If you want to play her game, start sporadicaLLY saying how your friend has the BEST girlfriend, she cooks for him, massages his feet, damn he is the luckiest guy! Why cant you be more like that??


otherwise, confront her and tell her, "I am who I am, and you are pissing me off comparing me to other guys, if you dont like me for who I am, that really says alot about how plastic you really are"

In the mean time, START LOOKING elsewhere! TRUST me on this one!

she is trying to grab you by the balls by making you feel incompetent and inadequate
 

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Just be honest.

Act one:


You: "honey do you love me?"
Her: "yes, why?"
You: " More than you love sisters_boyfriend?"
Her: "Of course why do you ask?"
You: "Thats a relief"
Her: "what are you talking about?"
You: "I am so glad to hear that, I really do love you...its just"
Her: "What!?
You: "well its just that if you every compare me to him in a negative fashion again I am going to leave you"
Her: "how dare you"

You: (camly) I am very serious about this I have been thinking about this for quite some time. If you don't show me respect with you actions I need to assume you don't respect me and i can't have that. (optional) Think about the hell that would put our kids through.


Act two:

Her: I am so glad you aren't like sistersboyfriend he is kinda weak.
 
Top