Getting with ex-girlfriend

jaye

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was with this girl for a while but then we had a falling apart. It was bad in the end because I was going through other tough situations.

We didn't really communicate for more than three months, but I just talked to her the other day and we had a good conversation.

She says she just wants to be friends, but I know she likes talking to me and that she is physically attracted to me. I think she's just afraid it might go back to the way it was in the end... i.e. me being angry and jealous, etc. (which I have improved on).

What do you guys think this means, and what's your advice because I feel very strongly about her and want to get back together with her.

Thanks,
Jaye

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From listening to others, Exes getting back with you rarely every happens, unless you were separated by distance, or there's been a long, long time with you guys apart. Did you break up with her, or did she break up with you?

If she broke up with you, you dont' have a chance.

My personal, un-expert advice would be to move on, and find someone else.

But hey, if you are going to try for her again, just DJ it like you always would. Worst, you lose a friend (ALthough I wouldn't reccomend being friends with her anyway. :))

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she broke up with you, you dont' have a chance.
Not necessarily true. It doesn't matter who broke up with who, but what happens AFTER the relationship is finished. If he says goobye, cuts all contact and begins moving on with his life, she may very well want him back.

If he remains friends with her, it's pretty much a lost cause.

Even if she wants to get back together with him, what's to stop the problems that caused the breakup from happening again?

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jaye
I was with this girl for a while but then we had a falling apart. It was bad in the end because I was going through other tough situations.

We didn't really communicate for more than three months, but I just talked to her the other day and we had a good conversation.

She says she just wants to be friends, but I know she likes talking to me and that she is physically attracted to me. I think she's just afraid it might go back to the way it was in the end... i.e. me being angry and jealous, etc. (which I have improved on).

What do you guys think this means, and what's your advice because I feel very strongly about her and want to get back together with her.

Thanks,
Jaye

Guy take it from one who knows...there's a reason why you two are ex's....because you are'nt meant for each other..I know its hard to accept-but ACCEPT IT! its over man...don't get bent out of shape over her..look at it as "for the best" and move on..trust me on this she said that she just want to be friends-respect that!...go out with your friends and have a good time-don't worry about it.. everything will work out for the best I promise you that! :)

Keep on truckin!

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I read, this is what I got out of it.

1 She broke up with you,

2 You called her 3 months later and she LBF you.

And I quote,

Let it go man, and find you a new girl. All this is going to do is give you a bunch of unnecessary heartache that you don't need.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting back with an ex-girlfriend is like buying a used Ford. It was broke from the start, and it'll break over and over till you break.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought a used ford and mine hasn't broken down once.:confused: :confused:

transporter

Don Juan
Reaction score
The comedian Larry Miller told a joke about people who get divorced and then remarry each other a second time. He compared it to going to the refrigerator, taking out the milk carton and finding out the milk had gone sour. The guy says to himself, "Hmm, maybe if I put it back in the fridge it'll be good later on."

If the relationship didn't work the first time, in all likelihood it isn't going to work the second time, either.

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmmm, i'll chuck in my opinion now...

in my experiences, the best thing to do would be leave your ex COMPLETELEY from the day you split (including e-mailing and texting each other) until you just happen to bump into her in the future, because you will!!,

when you do see her make sure you look happier (get loads of hobbies), in better shape (get your ass in the gym and get a tan and a new haircut), have a better social life (make more mates) and just generally be happier and make sure your smiling and tell her how happy you are, that would make you more attractive to the AFC she dumped quiet awhile ago,

IF you do decide to hit it off again then make sure you treat her pretty mean, i mean dont spend all the time with her, be a completely different man who takes no sh!t and have plenty of time for your mates and show her she's no longer your priority in life, dont fall back into your former self or she'll dump you like the chump that you were!

that's my two pence (cents) worth,

Ste.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stevey_2000
hmmmm, i'll chuck in my opinion now...

in my experiences, the best thing to do would be leave your ex COMPLETELEY from the day you split (including e-mailing and texting each other) until you just happen to bump into her in the future, because you will!!,

when you do see her make sure you look happier (get loads of hobbies), in better shape (get your ass in the gym and get a tan and a new haircut), have a better social life (make more mates) and just generally be happier and make sure your smiling and tell her how happy you are, that would make you more attractive to the AFC she dumped quiet awhile ago,

IF you do decide to hit it off again then make sure you treat her pretty mean, i mean dont spend all the time with her, be a completely different man who takes no sh!t and have plenty of time for your mates and show her she's no longer your priority in life, dont fall back into your former self or she'll dump you like the chump that you were!

that's my two pence (cents) worth,

Ste.
Best advice. When you see her again, show her that you are not the same man that she broke up with.

Improve yourself. If you develop yourself socially, professionally and physically, you will be in a much stronger position and she will view you differently. Let time pass and let it heal the wounds.

Then go back in there and show her what she is missing. And at that point if you still want her, she might be yours.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she told you she just wants to be friends. Thats a woman's way of saying piss off.

I'd just move on and learn from all this and use your upgraded skills for your next relationship.