Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting things done and achieving your goal

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of us including myself suffer from not getting things done, both in terms of procrastination and not finishing off tasks. I've been addressing this in my personal life and business life, and want to celebrate by sharing a real story of a recent scenario involving me successfully completing a property related task.

A few months ago I completed on an investment property which I intend to let to tenants; however there were a few outstanding DIY repairs. Due to circumstance I was unable to start the repairs immediately, so the Christmas period was the perfect opportunity to get it done!

Typically when I acquire a property my goal is to do minimal repairs to bring it to standard whilst balancing cost & time.

The carpets were very worn and old and upon removing the carpets it exposed unloved floorboards a varying condition of disrepair. Some floorboards were either damaged, chipped, poorly cut not, not on the joists, wobbly, loose etc.

Despite never replacing floorboards, I decided not to hire a professional because I wanted the experience of doing it myself - Whilst I am generally a hands off landlord and property investor occasionally it is good to acquire a new skill.

Initially I assumed that it would be an easy fix and I expected to replace only a few floorboards; however I ended up replacing around 20 floorboards. It became a case of replacing one floorboard to find another two or three which need attention.

It was exhausting work but I ploughed through, and after numerous day and back and forth trips to the DIY store I kept the vision of the end result, an immaculately looking freshly painted floorboard; this motivated me to keep going.

Approximately 250 screws later, I came to the last floorboard and I was so relieved until it dawned on me that the box of screws had finished. The lazy side of my brain wanted to go to the DIY store tomorrow and finish the job another day, but I resisted taking the easy way out. I put on my boots and winter coat and drove to the DIY store and bought the screws, when I returned home I immediately continued to deter myself from making an excuse.

The satisfaction I felt inside screwing in the last floorboard, amazing.

Last edited:

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
"There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory." -Francis Drake