"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Getting The Girl Back

HustlerDigital

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Hello guys and thanks for the help.

22 y/o male and female in the situation. I went with the girl for 4 years and she broke up with me last year to date other people. At first I didnt want this but Im glad it happened. We both have taken the time to date around and explore other areas. We still kept in touch and periodically would talk about old times and even would see each other.

Its now to the point where she wants me back..wants to try things again etc. I have to admit that I want her back as well BUT I dont want to be taken advantage of and I want to have the upper hand when I get back into the relationship. Knowing this I still am seeing "talking" to other females and not giving her my full attention. I want to see her so bad but I dont want to have to come out and ask.. I want her to come to me. Ive asked in the past and her response is "Im too hurt...You have your other gf's anyways...what are they busy?" Really that response to me is "Im iinsecure..wah...wah...Dont see those other girls and then Ill see you" Even IF I did give up seeing other girls it would still be the same exact thing...or a different excuse. Shes been spoiled all her life ..and even while I was with her..so Im avoiding this all together and making sure its my way now.

Now you may be saying.."dont bother" but please I know I want to be with her regardless of having to go through a lot of things to work...I just dont want to hear responses telling me to drop her as thats not an option of mine right now. The purpose of this post is to ask the best way to go about this...preferably from a girls point of view.

1. Should I ignore her all together..NO IMs...No Phone...No Email..etc...nothing and wait for her to contact me

2. Continue to make her jealous and wait

3. Do not make her jealous and wait

4. Combo of 3 and 4

5. Whatever you can think of.

This has been an issue for some months now so ANY advice would be extremely helpful. I thank this forum to help me get to this point to help my confidence grow and how Ive learned to treat women. THANKS
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

tapout632

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Whatever you do, DON'T accept her back. She is insecure and she wants attention from different guys hence the wanting to date other guys part and when things don't go well she will try to go back to you, she will think of you as the rebound guy and you will seem weak. She has hurt you before what makes you think she won't do it again? I say you should find yourself a new girl.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Well, if you both want to get back into a relationship together then neither one of you should be seeing other people. Since you were in a long term relationship with her, you can't just go back and start off as if you were just starting to date her while also seeing other women. That won't work in your situation because you have that emotional history. If you keep dating other women you will never get back with her, because she won't be able to accept that. You already know what she's like in a relationship, so it's not like you should be in the stage where you want to get to know her and still see others in case you decide you don't want her. You have already determined that you want her back.

By continuing to see other women, the message you are sending her is "I don't really want to be with you, because I'm too into seeing other people." It sounds like she wants to get back together, but is not willing to sacrifice her own pride and self-respect to do that. You will either have to move straight into an exclusive committed relationship with her like before or just let her go. Nothing else will work in this situation.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by tapout632
Whatever you do, DON'T accept her back. She is insecure and she wants attention from different guys hence the wanting to date other guys part and when things don't go well she will try to go back to you, she will think of you as the rebound guy and you will seem weak. She has hurt you before what makes you think she won't do it again? I say you should find yourself a new girl.
What are you talking about? Stop being so emotional for God's Sakes. They've kept in touch and have remained on good terms. That means they had a peaceful break up that left fond feelings in tact. They're both young and had a long relationship for such a young age. It was right for them to take a break and see what else is out there. She found that what she was missing was him and it sounds as if he's discovered the same thing.

Considering all the information and circumstances of what he has said, I think they are well suited to get back together. Most of the time that's not the case, but this is an exception to that general rule. And if he wants it, he's going to have to stop seeing other women or it's never going to happen.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by tapout632
Whatever you do, DON'T accept her back. She is insecure and she wants attention from different guys hence the wanting to date other guys part and when things don't go well she will try to go back to you, she will think of you as the rebound guy and you will seem weak. She has hurt you before what makes you think she won't do it again? I say you should find yourself a new girl.
whats up with the double standard?
obviously she isnt ltr material but if u just keep her to casual dating and/or **** buddy while u date other chicks, why cant she.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

eecumstains

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
they always come back

always

sometimes it takes years

but they always call

you have 2 options

take her back- but, it won;t work out long term. she'll dump you again in a few months. understand that and have fun with the sex

or

tell her to **** off


personally, i like to take them back and torture them sexually with ever bizzarre fetish i can dream up
 
Top