Ok this is one of those topics that keeps reappearing but I just wanna post my take on it. Need to vent some of the thoughts I've had recently..
Here's the catch 22, I'm fairly confident that if I had more confidence in myself sexually I'd be able to pick up loads more chicks when I go out, but of course a large portion of that confidence I'm not going to get untill I actually get myself laid.
Essentially my lack of experience means that I suppose I'm scared to actually make any sort of moves..
As far as making conversation and talking to new people goes I'm fine, but when it comes to actually trying things on.. well I can get as far as kinoing and thats about it..
Over the past few years I've overcome the idea that somehow became embedded in my head while I was a teenager that girls and women weren't attracted to me.. I accept now that its not the case, and despite moments of self doubt I don't have trouble believing that many (not all tho, I'm not Brad Pitt) girls find me attractive, but I do have trouble convincing myself that I'd be able to seduce them, sure I can talk to chicks, and get their phone numbers, even flirt a bit provided they're receptive to it but when it comes to going for a kiss and in particular anything more, I'm rubbish unless I've had a shed load to drink and it seems pretty much obvious that they want it to happen..
The last time I had a pretty blatant offer from a chick it was so unexpected I just wasn't prepared for it at all, and I ended up being a **** and ****ily knocking her back, mainly because it came so out of the blue (I'd tried talking to her earlier in the evening and bailed out after my first line because she didn't seem interested, I think I inadvertanly displayed challengeness to her)..
I was wondering how people ever get thru this problem, and of course they do it in their teens when everyone else does, the chances are they'll be some chick who likes you and actually has the balls to make the moves on you, because you're so horny you go for it and seeing as the chances are you're both inexperienced no one has any hang ups about it.. Well, I was just coming out of my first 1-itis experience (at 15/16) when the opportunity came right along for me, this chick wouldn't leave me alone, but I was being so AFC and moping about how the only girl for me was my 1-itis bird that I kept knocking her back. I wish I'd never met that 1-itis chick, I handled everything in a complete AFC way and the net result was any little confiednce with women was completely nuked. So much so that this chick continually coming on to me didn't help one bit.
A couple of years later when I first started uni there was one chick who kept flirting with me, she wasn't as obvious as the other girl and my confidence was completely in pieces. still, it shouldn't have been, this chick was flirting with me all the time for the first week I met her, she said she was a virgin and she kept asking if I'd met anyone I liked, did I carry condoms on me etc. etc. I quite liked her and I managed to be cool during the convos, but all the times I'd talked to her we weren't alone, this was always in a group, except she paid me all the attention, but I didn't have the confidence to actually ask her to come somewhere alone with me so I could make a move..
They were my two gift horse opportunities to lose my virginity and I blew them both
And so for 4 years at uni I practically gave up on chicks, none of the girls I knew well I fancied and I was no good at approaching or making moves on people I'd only just met, so nothing happened at all.. I just floated along in the AFC dreamworld that eventually I'd meet the girl of my dreams and somehow it would all work out.. although I guess I was partly thinking this cos I was scared of trying too.
And eventually, a year and half ago I went on holiday and got chatting to loads of girls, I realised talking to absoloute strangers was pretty easy and I realised doing nothing wasn't working, I was getting older and nothing was happening.. so slowly, ever so slowly my confidence has grown to the point where I'm approaching and striking up conversations with strangers and so on, getting the odd phone number.. but I just can't get over this sticking point of the whole sex thing..
I'm also thinking I'm missing out on loads of opportunities for ONSs I can tell I am from when I go to some clubs. Plus my flatmate tells me that one of her friends fancies me, but the trouble is she's in her early 30s (still very fit tho) so I'm even more hung up about my inexperience when I speak to her, surely part of the reason she likes younger guys is that we're better looking and have more stamina in the bedroom supposedly,
I dunno, I just need to think something other than "keep trying it'll happen eventually" cos that's what I've been thinking/doing for months now, and it hasn't.. Man, If I only I'd had the internet and this site back when I was 15..
Here's the catch 22, I'm fairly confident that if I had more confidence in myself sexually I'd be able to pick up loads more chicks when I go out, but of course a large portion of that confidence I'm not going to get untill I actually get myself laid.
Essentially my lack of experience means that I suppose I'm scared to actually make any sort of moves..
As far as making conversation and talking to new people goes I'm fine, but when it comes to actually trying things on.. well I can get as far as kinoing and thats about it..
Over the past few years I've overcome the idea that somehow became embedded in my head while I was a teenager that girls and women weren't attracted to me.. I accept now that its not the case, and despite moments of self doubt I don't have trouble believing that many (not all tho, I'm not Brad Pitt) girls find me attractive, but I do have trouble convincing myself that I'd be able to seduce them, sure I can talk to chicks, and get their phone numbers, even flirt a bit provided they're receptive to it but when it comes to going for a kiss and in particular anything more, I'm rubbish unless I've had a shed load to drink and it seems pretty much obvious that they want it to happen..
The last time I had a pretty blatant offer from a chick it was so unexpected I just wasn't prepared for it at all, and I ended up being a **** and ****ily knocking her back, mainly because it came so out of the blue (I'd tried talking to her earlier in the evening and bailed out after my first line because she didn't seem interested, I think I inadvertanly displayed challengeness to her)..
I was wondering how people ever get thru this problem, and of course they do it in their teens when everyone else does, the chances are they'll be some chick who likes you and actually has the balls to make the moves on you, because you're so horny you go for it and seeing as the chances are you're both inexperienced no one has any hang ups about it.. Well, I was just coming out of my first 1-itis experience (at 15/16) when the opportunity came right along for me, this chick wouldn't leave me alone, but I was being so AFC and moping about how the only girl for me was my 1-itis bird that I kept knocking her back. I wish I'd never met that 1-itis chick, I handled everything in a complete AFC way and the net result was any little confiednce with women was completely nuked. So much so that this chick continually coming on to me didn't help one bit.
A couple of years later when I first started uni there was one chick who kept flirting with me, she wasn't as obvious as the other girl and my confidence was completely in pieces. still, it shouldn't have been, this chick was flirting with me all the time for the first week I met her, she said she was a virgin and she kept asking if I'd met anyone I liked, did I carry condoms on me etc. etc. I quite liked her and I managed to be cool during the convos, but all the times I'd talked to her we weren't alone, this was always in a group, except she paid me all the attention, but I didn't have the confidence to actually ask her to come somewhere alone with me so I could make a move..
They were my two gift horse opportunities to lose my virginity and I blew them both
And so for 4 years at uni I practically gave up on chicks, none of the girls I knew well I fancied and I was no good at approaching or making moves on people I'd only just met, so nothing happened at all.. I just floated along in the AFC dreamworld that eventually I'd meet the girl of my dreams and somehow it would all work out.. although I guess I was partly thinking this cos I was scared of trying too.
And eventually, a year and half ago I went on holiday and got chatting to loads of girls, I realised talking to absoloute strangers was pretty easy and I realised doing nothing wasn't working, I was getting older and nothing was happening.. so slowly, ever so slowly my confidence has grown to the point where I'm approaching and striking up conversations with strangers and so on, getting the odd phone number.. but I just can't get over this sticking point of the whole sex thing..
I'm also thinking I'm missing out on loads of opportunities for ONSs I can tell I am from when I go to some clubs. Plus my flatmate tells me that one of her friends fancies me, but the trouble is she's in her early 30s (still very fit tho) so I'm even more hung up about my inexperience when I speak to her, surely part of the reason she likes younger guys is that we're better looking and have more stamina in the bedroom supposedly,
I dunno, I just need to think something other than "keep trying it'll happen eventually" cos that's what I've been thinking/doing for months now, and it hasn't.. Man, If I only I'd had the internet and this site back when I was 15..