"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Getting Shredded

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Thanks for the encouragement. Since the last couple of months my weight has stayed in the same but I've seen major body recomposition.


In the beginning for fat guys, increase in muscle with simultaneous decrease in fat is possible.

I've gained enough strength to bench my own weight and I've kind of plateaued.

I'm pushing to get shredded now.

HIIT+ calorie deficit+ resistance training with bands = current status
Your confidence going to go up as you get more lean.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
Thanks for the encouragement. Since the last couple of months my weight has stayed in the same but I've seen major body recomposition.


In the beginning for fat guys, increase in muscle with simultaneous decrease in fat is possible.

I've gained enough strength to bench my own weight and I've kind of plateaued.

I'm pushing to get shredded now.

HIIT+ calorie deficit+ resistance training with bands = current status
Yeah bro weight is pretty irrelevant. It's all about how you carry that weight (muscle vs fat vs water). Plateaus happen, never get discouraged by them. You'll probably go down a bit in strength when cutting but remember it's temporary and you'll look amazing once shredded down. Some woman say they don't like muscles but I've never had a woman tell me she doesn't love my body. I'm not that jacked or anything I'm just lean with a good set of abs, pecs and back muscles and I swear woman love my body. Woman love it when you have a surprise under your sweater or jacket or whatever you wearing. A lot of guys are also intimated because you actually take care of yourselves while they are out there eating pizzas non stop and never doing any sports. It automatically elevates you above 80% of other men.
 

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
1,814
Yeah bro weight is pretty irrelevant. It's all about how you carry that weight (muscle vs fat vs water). Plateaus happen, never get discouraged by them. You'll probably go down a bit in strength when cutting but remember it's temporary and you'll look amazing once shredded down. Some woman say they don't like muscles but I've never had a woman tell me she doesn't love my body. I'm not that jacked or anything I'm just lean with a good set of abs, pecs and back muscles and I swear woman love my body. Woman love it when you have a surprise under your sweater or jacket or whatever you wearing. A lot of guys are also intimated because you actually take care of yourselves while they are out there eating pizzas non stop and never doing any sports. It automatically elevates you above 80% of other men.
Losing some mass while cutting is probable, you're right.


I had a body composition check with the inbody electric impulse machine, my muscle mass percentage is around 46% which is considered way better than average.

If I drop down my fat percent to 12 by losing around 25 lbs, along with only a slight loss in muscle mass, I'm sure I'd be healthier. Not to say insanely better looking.

I've done this before in my life and had abs popping. It's really a game of patience and the journey than the end result.
 

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
I like to keep my fitness simple.

I don’t count sets or reps or follow a program. For me, consistency & effort are more important. Show up and get a sweat on. I lift heavy and rarely go to 8 reps or more on any exercise. Works for me.

I also do yoga everyday to increase mobility, flexibility, and core strength & stability.

Occasionally I perform calisthenics and HIIT to supplement my workout.

I like to keep my diet simple too: Eat clean and adjust calories as necessary. I don’t count every calorie or every gram of a macro, but I do ballpark them. General rules to start off with are avoid all forms of refined sugar and keep protein intake to 0.8-1g per pound if bodyweight, then find roughly the amount of calories needed for the number on the scale to start dropping and adjust calorie intake as needed. Works for me. I also do intermittent fasting with a 6 hour feeding window (18 hour fast).

—

I’m pretty shredded at 5’10 178 lbs. Around 10% body fat.

I am fortunate that I have really good genetics to get the results I have. I build muscle fast, I can get away with slip ups of poor diet, and it’s quite easy for me to navigate bodyweight in the direction I want with the body composition I desire... I do boil down much of my results to genetics to be honest, but mostly I credit them to my consistent and effort.

I could further optimize my workouts and diet with a meticulous workout regime or calorie & macro plan, but I’m not interested in dedicating such time and energy to it. In my opinion, showing up & consistency compounds better than tedious planning. But I’m not against people who need rigid structure.

—

Anyways, @darksprezzatura my advice to you would be compound exercises lifting heavy (3-8 rep range), regular HIIT, and a clean diet YOU can stick to without depriving yourself that is a couple hundred calories below maintenance level. This gives you flexibility to structure your meals and workouts the way that works best for you, while operating at a calorie deficit to achieve your main goal (weight loss to get lean).
 
Last edited:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
1,814
I like to keep my fitness simple.

I don’t count sets or reps or follow a program. For me, consistency & effort are more important. Show up and get a sweat on. I lift heavy and rarely go to 8 reps or more on any exercise. Works for me.

I also do yoga everyday to increase mobility, flexibility, and core strength & stability.

Occasionally I perform calisthenics and HIIT to supplement my workout.

I like to keep my diet simple too: Eat clean and adjust calories as necessary. I don’t count every calorie or every gram of a macro, but I do ballpark them. General rules to start off with are avoid all forms of refined sugar and keep protein intake to 0.8-1g per pound if bodyweight, then find roughly the amount of calories needed for the number on the scale to start dropping and adjust calorie intake as needed. Works for me. I also do intermittent fasting with a 6 hour feeding window (18 hour fast).

—

I’m pretty shredded at 5’10 178 lbs. Around 10% body fat.

I am fortunate that I have really good genetics to get the results I have. I build muscle fast, I can get away with slip ups of poor diet, and it’s quite easy for me to navigate bodyweight in the direction I want with the body composition I desire... I do boil down much of my results to genetics to be honest, but mostly I credit them to my consistent and effort.

I could further optimize my workouts and diet with a meticulous workout regime or calorie & macro plan, but I’m not interested in dedicating such time and energy to it. In my opinion, showing up & consistency compounds better than tedious planning. But I’m not against people who need rigid structure.

—

Anyways, @darksprezzatura my advice to you would be compound exercises lifting heavy (3-8 rep range), regular HIIT, and a clean diet YOU can stick to without depriving yourself that is a couple hundred calories below maintenance level. This gives you flexibility to structure your meals and workouts the way that works best for you, while operating at a calorie deficit to achieve your main goal (weight loss to get lean).
Spot on mate.

Lifting heavy in the 8 rep range + 1g/lb protein is the barebone structure of what I do.

Sugar is just modern poison used by big corporations to get us addicted to their products. It's a simple carb and useless to a healthy body.

Intermittent fasting probably has great results, it conflicts with my 5 meal a day protein consumption pattern.

I wake up with a protein shake and go to sleep with one.

I sleep around 8-10 hours.


HIIT as a general consensus with a calorie deficit is the best way to burn body fat.

I use food based supplements which have helped me a lot to recompose my body.

Whey isolates
Multivitamins
Zinc Acetate
Probiotics
Fish oil
Terristris Tribulus
Withania Somnifera
Green Tea
Coffee

I'm looking into vitamin D supplements these days along with ZMA
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top