"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

getting seduction examples from movies

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
I didn't used to watch relationship movies, aka "chick flicks", but I found out recently, that they can be a source of information on DJ technique. I'll give two examples:

Deliver Us from Eva
This movie stars LL Cool J opposite Gabrielle Union. In this movie, Union's character's problem is that she's a perfectionist. Cool J handles the seduction over time. In the first meeting, he claims to have a girlfriend. He does this as social proof. In the next meeting he sees her again and using the confidence principle, asks her out outright, no flinching. She asks about his 'girlfriend' and says they broke up. He uses innuendo when he lists his job. "I deliver meat." She then puts him to a manliness test by having him eat over-spicy chili. Cool J doesn't react or cry out when he eats the chili and thus passes her test. She's his. Unfortunately, the movie ends with Cool J going AFC, but you can observe a lot of technique while he's in the player phase.


Down with Love
This movie stars Ewan McGregor opposite Renee Zellweger. In this movie, the problem is that Zellweger's character hates men (but not a lesbian). When McGregor seduces her he uses even more techniques than in the former movie. He starts by neg-hitting her to bring her down a notch. Then he plays the status card by lying about being an astronaut. [I don't recommend lying, btw--don't say anything you'd have to back up later.] Next he uses innuendo, grabbing their clothes from a dry cleaning rack and saying, "Oh, we're stuck together". Finally, he uses disinterest, by showing he's willing to get her interest up but walk away. She propositions him and he pushes back a little which drives her desire way up. And he has her.

The innuendo line, "we're stuck together" is dorky, but worked anyway because the timing was right. Also, because Zellweger's character is a counter-player, it's good to see how he deals with resistance.

I'm not saying that you should watch these movies the way a woman would, with a box of sniffles and by pining away in hope that the couple gets together. I'm saying if you analyze this stuff, you'll be able to identify some of the DJ moves and see how they work in context. It helps, since what we read is all theory at first.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
Yeah, James Bond uses the two techniques of innuendo and confidence. He's the confidence expert. But I think he actually does less macking than what you'll find in other movies. You need confidence no matter what other techniques you use, but I don't think James Bond movies alone will give you enough technique examples.

Another movie is Tao of Steve, and several guys here have mentioned it. It shows the techniques of confidence, disinterest, and status display, plus it's written from the man's perspective.

Another thing that's good about Down with Love is that provides a contrast between the AFC approach and what a DJ does, and their effect. Women don't like AFC approaches. You could study that one a couple of times and get some nuggets of wisdom
 
Top