Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting rid of dandruf

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to get rif of dandruff for good. Head&shoulders is liquid crap.

What do you recommend???

------------------
_-=/Comrade Vronski\=-_

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had really bad acne and dandruff growing up. It is caused by very oily skin. If you want to go the medicinal route, then the prescription dandruff shampoos are the route to go, none of the on-the-counter stuff worked on me either.

Both my acne and dandruff over time went away when I got older. Personally I think it was because I gave up fast food, fried food, french fries, and all that oily gunk.

Wash your hair at least twice a day, keep your hair short, get out in the sun more should help as well.

EMB82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fish oil should help with this, and it's good for your overall health.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xyzzy, sorry man, but that's all counter productive.

Dandruff has two causes. One is naturally dry skin that flakes. Your scalp is just like your skin, it needs moisture. Wash your hair only when you really need to. See if you can find a moisturizing shampoo that will moisturize your scalp. Or else, use lotion on your scalp before bed (may make your hair look oily.)

The other cause is the fungus P Ovali. That's the only thing those dandruff shampoos are good for. And since yours persists, I think you just have a dry scalp. So keep it moisturized like you would your skin.

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nizoral is the best for me. The other ones only slowed it down. Nizoral does attack the fungus.

Use Nizoral a few times a week and then Head and SHoulders the other days.

Nizoral will kill the fungus, the others will slow down the cell growth. It is a two phased attack!

Kanadasutra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Nizoral is worth the try. I used a few years ago and it worked very well.

In my case, i found the cause of my problem. My scalp was burned and irritated by the gel i was using in my hair (containing alcool and perfume).

So now i use product without alcool and i have no more problems. Same thing with the shaving cream i was using.

But there is no way i will go for .5 beer!

[This message has been edited by Kanadasutra (edited 11-17-2002).]

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vronski:
I want to get rif of dandruff for good. Head&shoulders is liquid crap.

What do you recommend???

head and shoulders works good on me, but im not sure how to get rid of it perminantley

recently ive been putting olive oil in my hair and leaving it in overnight, my hair has been getting much softer

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok Im a bit behind the times, course its been about 20 years since I had to worry about it and was told it was from having oily skin

after reading up on it its either a fungus or dry scalp.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i c

Thanks guys

MilesDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest that you use 2 or 3 different types of shampoos. If you use the same one (Head and Shoulders or other) then a flaky layer will form on your head. Everytime I wash my hair, I use a different shampoo. For example, today I used Head and Shoulders and tomorrow will be Suave moisturizing shampoo...after that, I use Tea Tree shampoo or a different Suave. Rotate the shampoos that you use. I hope this helps, dude.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that vinegar works really good. I've been looking to try that. If you're using any hair products like gel or hairspray, stop using them.