Getting rid of bags under my eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you get rid of bags?

I usually go to sleep around 1:30 after being in bed for a bit, then I wake up anywhere from 9:30-11:30. That should be plenty of sleep, so I don't know why I still have bags under my eyes.

I drink a glass of milk at least twice a day, I take vitamin C everyday, I eat strawberries or banana during the day, and I eat some kind of greens at night.

I've noticed they usually are pretty bad when I first wake up, but later in the day they go away a little, but they're still there. I don't feel tired at all when I wake up though, now that it's summer and I get more sleep.

Any suggestions?

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's that simple!! *slaps himself*

thanks I'll try that

I did that during the school year but i was only getting 7 hours of sleep because i couldnt fall asleep fast enough haha.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep with head up.
Less salt in diet.
Cut down body fat.
Drink more water.
Get surgery.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard bengay helps from a girl. I tried it.

It burned like hell and if anything it seemed to make the bags bigger. I didn't put too much effort into it, though.

One thing I noticed is washing your face with cold water instead of warm seems to help.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Caesar20 said:
go to sleep at consistent hours, like 23:00 every day.
Here's an update... that must be it. That's working. For school I've been going to sleep at 10:30 every night and it's helping. I've had less and less bags, and feeling a lot more rested. Then this Friday I go to sleep at 12 (I was feeling sleepy too, and it was even a boring Friday), and today I have dark bags already, and I felt sleepy throughout the day.

Also, another thing that helped, especially in going to sleep when you try to, was looking up "sleeping tips" or "how to get better sleep." There are many many sites with that subject.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe get more healthy fats in your diet. Bags under eyes could be a lack of fat there.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Teabags

The ol' standby works. Put teabags on your eyes. Now listen, for you the recipe is a bit different instead of using Lipton what you need is a guy to stand over your face and drop his nutsac on both your eyes, teabaggin'.

If that don't help I've heard Ambien is a great tool to help one sleep.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Salt defininately does something, i don't normally eat a lot of salt but have been recently and my eyes are noticably darker. Could have something to do with all that beer i drank too, he he!

monster squad

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could try using Nivea Eye Cream Q10. I use it when my eyes are all puffy after a night of heavy drinking.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just how much sleep you get, but how early you go to sleep. Basically, the earlier you go to bed, the better - and each hour after ~9 PM you stay up is like losing 2 hours worth of sleep. That's because our bodies are linked to the environment via the circadian rhythm. Sleeptime is whan your body recovers and recuperates, so it is VERY important for good health.

You've got to get proper sleep and keep your energy up to avoid eye bags.

BlaKTooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
bags can also be genetic. The skin under ur eyes is thin, so the dark veins show underneath it, creating bags.

If this is the case, its unchangable (even surgery cant get rid of the bags).

not to say its necessarily a bad thing; plenty of hot guys have dark circles under their eyes. Think george clooney. Girls drop their panties for "the mysterious, sexy look" all the time :)

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword, is that true about the ciradian rythm thing? i did a google search and couldn't find any thing saying every hour is like loosing 2 hours, do you have a reference so i can read more about it?

I seemed to have bags today when i rarely get them, and i felt tired all day too. The only thing i can see that i did different was ate a lot of cheese before going to bed, might have something to do with all that rapid eye movement, had wacky dreams though!

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly he's overstretching the circadian rhythm stuff. There's no equivalence that each additional hour awake is like losing 2 hours of sleep... if so, then all of us who stay up til 1am lose the equivalent of 8 hours?!

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, its genetics.

get surgery.

Im a realist, can you tell?
Realists always give the best advice.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your an idiot.

I'm a realist for calling you that.

------

But heres some useful advice for the guy who posted this:

I used to have dark circles and heavy bags under my eyes, and also a very oily look under them. Now my face looks better then the majority of people that i've come in contact with.

A lot of these tips are correct, you need to get a set sleeping schedule, get 7-8 hours every night. Don't over sleep, anything more then 8 is too much, anything less then 7 is too little. Reduce salt in your diet, take in plenty of carbs. Another product I use is called "hylexin" look into it, it's helped quite a bit. I put it on once when I wake up, and once when I go to bed. It's pretty expensive, but it works...it's like 60-70$ on ebay for a small tube. It last's quite a while though, you only need to apply a pea size amount for each eye, just wipe it all over the area surrounding your eye, don't forget to get under your brow's as well. In the morning I also put on one of those gel eye masks, I just put it in the fridge the night before. The coldness from it helps get rid of the puffiness

Took about 3-4 weeks of doing that before I noticed any huge improvement.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I've done 10:30 (give or take 15 min often i can't sleep right away) - 6:45 (give or take 5 min) for the past 2 weeks. The situation seemed to be a lot better, but I still have noticeable dark circles, though not as bad. One thing is, they slightly improve by the end of the day, but not by much.

Hopefully in a few more weeks it'll be better.

Also, some Fridays or Saturdays I've been going to sleep past midnight, so that definitely throws it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.