Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting next to no matches on bumble/tinder

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do pretty well on Match (and still do) but it seems most of the attractive girls in their 20s and 30s have migrated to bumble/tinder and Match is now mostly single mothers or overly serious career women.

I'm a reasonably good looking guy maybe a 6 or 7. Not super photogenic though and the millenials all seem to know how to pose, use filters, get the right angles and so on. But I use photos that get me plenty of likes and messages on Match but get next to no matches on these sites.

I am aware there is some kind of algorithm so like a deck of cards if you aren't near the top of the pack most girls you swipe right on won't even get to see your profile. Is there any way to game this a bit? When I first joined these sites I got a lot more matches but I guess that is the "being top of the pack" effect.

Would appreciate any tips/advice

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do pretty well on Match (and still do) but it seems most of the attractive girls in their 20s and 30s have migrated to bumble/tinder and Match is now mostly single mothers or overly serious career women.

I'm a reasonably good looking guy maybe a 6 or 7. Not super photogenic though and the millenials all seem to know how to pose, use filters, get the right angles and so on. But I use photos that get me plenty of likes and messages on Match but get next to no matches on these sites.

I am aware there is some kind of algorithm so like a deck of cards if you aren't near the top of the pack most girls you swipe right on won't even get to see your profile. Is there any way to game this a bit? When I first joined these sites I got a lot more matches but I guess that is the "being top of the pack" effect.

I’ve been off for a while. But a couple of keys that I remember.
Don’t swipe right too much, Tinder will think you’re a bot. Don’t unmatch anyone. Stay active, or your ‘card’ will start dropping to the bottom of the deck. Stay in your lane. There was some algorithm that the more you matched, the more your card would rise in the deck. I knew some guys would game Tinder by deleting & then recreating their accounts every fee weeks. But I’m not sure how that works.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been off for a while. But a couple of keys that I remember.
Don’t swipe right too much, Tinder will think you’re a bot. Don’t unmatch anyone. Stay active, or your ‘card’ will start dropping to the bottom of the deck. Stay in your lane. There was some algorithm that the more you matched, the more your card would rise in the deck. I knew some guys would game Tinder by deleting & then recreating their accounts every fee weeks. But I’m not sure how that works.
Also note Tinder shadow bans if you delete your account and make a new one too soon. 2 years ago they started to crack down on that. So if you deleted it and made a new one right away and getting few matches that is why. Not sure about Bumble but I'm sure they have similar stuff probably.

Did you try facebook dating? That by far seems to be the easiest app to use and get matches from. Girls seem a bit better looking too on there and it's free. Downside to free app is more ghosting.

You can also try the Upward Christian app too. Hottest girls on there and younger too! I get a lot of likes on there but most of the girls are like 100 miles away. On your main pic it doesn't show your distance until you scroll down so a lot of women "like" on the first photo but don't bother to see your distance until you tell them.

I still have a Match account but been so busy lately I haven't messaged much. I too have noticed many more single moms on there and fatter, uglier women since Covid started. Drastic reduction on match. It was good before covid for a guy my age.

You try Zoosk? I only paid briefly but I left my crappy profile up still and once in a blue moon log on even though I can't message. Lately I've been getting decent looking women messaging me despite not using it much. I think Zooks might be a paid one you should try since it seems not that many people use that site.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the last few years, most men have been reporting fewer matches on various swipe apps, even if you are a Premium member. If you compare your own Tinder/Bumble results in 2021 to what you were achieving on those two apps in 2016, you'd be disappointed.

The best solution now is to approach in real life. Match volume for most men has dropped to the point that it doesn't warrant participation.

A few years ago, most men were getting enough matches on the swipe apps to get enough first date to semi-justify the presence. It used to be that in 2 weeks of swiping and texting, it was conceivable you'd arrange more first dates than you would in 3 months of cold approaching if you were a guy in the 5-7 range, which is normal to slightly above average. Granted, the quality of the swipe app dates was typically low, as in "one date, no sex, no second date:". Now, normal to slightly above average men aren't even getting the quantity of crappy dates they once got on swipe apps. It's better now to outdoor approach and get whatever dates you get from outdoor approaching.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I would try to use Facebook Dating. I always do very well on there.

Nowadays, you need professional pictures to stand out. Tinder and Bumble have an algorithm. You need to stay active, don't swipe right too much or it will think you're desperate, don't swipe left too much or it will think you're too picky, don't unmatch matches, and message every match you get if even you're not interested. The algorithm sucks but that's the way it is. Also, don't delete your profile every couple weeks and make a new one or you will get banned. They catch on to that now.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

Nowadays, you need professional pictures to stand out. Tinder and Bumble have an algorithm. You need to stay active, don't swipe right too much or it will think you're desperate, don't swipe left too much or it will think you're too picky, don't unmatch matches, and message every match you get if even you're not interested. The algorithm sucks but that's the way it is. Also, don't delete your profile every couple weeks and make a new one or you will get banned. They catch on to that now.
Yep. Or get a burner trac phone if you think you got shadow banned.

Fb dating also makes you wait 7 days to make an account after deleting.

Is tinder and bumble doing the shadow ban to crack down and buy boosts and gold?

Why would you want to drive people away by banning?

But funny i hardly ever use bumble because it sucks around here but when i go to tampa area i still get a few likes despite me being inactive.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A lot of fake profiles on Facebook dating

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been using them on and off since about 2010 and the quality has been slipping since 2016 but really fell off around 2020. I'm bored so imma right some history.

between 2010-2012 girls on these sites/apps knew the what the program was, all you needed was a hey all little getting to know each other and you where in. You could spend up to half an hour a week on the apps/sites and come away with some pusy. The girls where always a little strange thoe.

2012-2014 allot of those girls using the dating sites where getting ran thru and started becoming bitter and the games started, but there was an influx of new girls joing because online dating was normalized and you could still find girls with the program. This was probably the height of the "hook up" culture. One or two message, a number, texting, meet up and fvk. This is when girls on the apps where the most sane.

2014-2016 dating sites became a profitable business and the more time you spent on it, the better, girls started playing games and guys became dancing witty monkeys. You could spend hours a week swiping and texting and maybe get a date out of all it.

2016-2018 dating sites started becoming predominantly a gynecocracy, pay to play, games and a tool for womens validation. The "hook up" culture was damn near dead.

2018-2020 the last time I can remember where you could find an abundance of "quality" women on the apps.

2020-NOW Basically a place for the desperate, you might find a quality girl but its mostly a place for validation and extremly low quality women. (mental, fat, ugly, tattooed and single moms)

dating sites are dead, well almost, its really becoming a place for the washed up and desperate, most early 20 somethings are using tik tok. The vast majority of women on these apps now are undesirable.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been using them on and off since about 2010 and the quality has been slipping since 2016 but really fell off around 2020. I'm bored so imma right some history.

between 2010-2012 girls on these sites/apps knew the what the program was, all you needed was a hey all little getting to know each other and you where in. You could spend up to half an hour a week on the apps/sites and come away with some pusy. The girls where always a little strange thoe.

2012-2014 allot of those girls using the dating sites where getting ran thru and started becoming bitter and the games started, but there was an influx of new girls joing because online dating was normalized and you could still find girls with the program. This was probably the height of the "hook up" culture. One or two message, a number, texting, meet up and fvk. This is when girls on the apps where the most sane.

2014-2016 dating sites became a profitable business and the more time you spent on it, the better, girls started playing games and guys became dancing witty monkeys. You could spend hours a week swiping and texting and maybe get a date out of all it.

2016-2018 dating sites started becoming predominantly a gynecocracy, pay to play, games and a tool for womens validation. The "hook up" culture was damn near dead.

2018-2020 the last time I can remember where you could find an abundance of "quality" women on the apps.
2018-20. Yes!!!

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating matches are completely out of your control my guy. Best you can do is get 2-3 solid photos and a decent bio. But then go outside and approach. OLD is a wasteland for AFC and chads that mop up. Assuming you can talk a good game, go outside and just talk to girls and ask them out. Like nature intended

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

OLD = cucked! Low hanging fruit, single mom's, obesity, skanks etc. Real men approach.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Also note Tinder shadow bans if you delete your account and make a new one too soon. 2 years ago they started to crack down on that. So if you deleted it and made a new one right away and getting few matches that is why. Not sure about Bumble but I'm sure they have similar stuff probably.

Did you try facebook dating? That by far seems to be the easiest app to use and get matches from. Girls seem a bit better looking too on there and it's free. Downside to free app is more ghosting.

You can also try the Upward Christian app too. Hottest girls on there and younger too! I get a lot of likes on there but most of the girls are like 100 miles away. On your main pic it doesn't show your distance until you scroll down so a lot of women "like" on the first photo but don't bother to see your distance until you tell them.

I still have a Match account but been so busy lately I haven't messaged much. I too have noticed many more single moms on there and fatter, uglier women since Covid started. Drastic reduction on match. It was good before covid for a guy my age.

You try Zoosk? I only paid briefly but I left my crappy profile up still and once in a blue moon log on even though I can't message. Lately I've been getting decent looking women messaging me despite not using it much. I think Zooks might be a paid one you should try since it seems not that many people use that site.
Online dating is massive timesink and usually a complete waste of time for the average joe. Not only do men outnumber women on these sites/apps greatly, meaning more competition, women often have unrealistic standards and expectations of whom they can attract. That's not even getting to the fact many are just on there for validation are have no real intention of ever meeting up.

Men would be far better off spending that time working on themselves. Whether by picking up a new hobby, exercising, or approaching women in the real world.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t swipe right too much, Tinder will think you’re a bot. Don’t unmatch anyone.
I rarely swipe right, most of them disgust me for a long list of reasons. I have been the one who pressed "unmatch"
with at least 90% of the matches I have managed to get.